Real Estate

Festival Condos Vaughan - where’s the hype?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 11:49 pm
Sep 21, 2020
1 posts
deal_with_singh wrote: North Tower "Official Pricelist" Just came out

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 10.02.08 AM.png.

To give you guys an example of the price increase...Chicago 678 - I sold a unit in the 30's (for privacy reasons I'll say floor 30-40)....Price was in the 660's. factor in the floor premium and you're looking at $630's.....The unit in the "official list" is $676,990!

Vancouver 698 I sold and base price before floor premium were $680k and today its $720k.

Also Sold a Toronto 596 and base price was $580k today its $619k...

So much for the $10-20k price hike...its now $40k
Are these units you sold from North Tower? Such as Chicago 678 and Vancouver 698 with "big" balcony? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1598 posts
2426 upvotes
Toronto
I will say that there are VERY few things as satisfying as going to the sales centre, getting the brochure, signing the papers, and walking out with your new precon condo. Very few experiences have made me that happy.
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17573 posts
4528 upvotes
Toronto
SunshineMay wrote: Are these units you sold from North Tower? Such as Chicago 678 and Vancouver 698 with "big" balcony? Thanks.
Correct I sold these North Tower units before the "official" north tower launch...

CondoMan98 wrote: I will say that there are VERY few things as satisfying as going to the sales centre, getting the brochure, signing the papers, and walking out with your new precon condo. Very few experiences have made me that happy.
Not much of that happening in COVID times haha
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1598 posts
2426 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: Not much of that happening in COVID times haha
Buying Westport was still amazing. I got to go to the sales centre and picked up the big brochure. The. masks and social distancing making it more annoying, but buying condos is amazing!
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Jun 6, 2009
524 posts
92 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Correct I sold these North Tower units before the "official" north tower launch...
Did they already officially launch the north tower units with the updated prices?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17573 posts
4528 upvotes
Toronto
cleardevil wrote: Did they already officially launch the north tower units with the updated prices?
Yep they did. Studios being released later this week from the 300's.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17573 posts
4528 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: Buying Westport was still amazing. I got to go to the sales centre and picked up the big brochure. The. masks and social distancing making it more annoying, but buying condos is amazing!
CityPointe was similar, masks on and registrations at the front, though it was more barebones inside, no models etc, just floor plans on the walls.
Jun 6, 2009
524 posts
92 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Yep they did. Studios being released later this week from the 300's.
Ooo i didn't even know studios were available. I wonder if there are going to be alot of units in the 300s or its gonna be basically a few units at the bottom floors. Basically the 1 BR were 500k+, and only the bottom few floors were like 495k+. Though they market as starting from the 400s, which is technically true LOL
Dec 18, 2006
421 posts
425 upvotes
I’m on the fence still. I had the agreement reviewed and noticed there is no cap on park levy. What is a reasonable amount for this? First time purchasing pre con so not sure if all these extra fees are normal. (Ie. gym membership fee)
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17573 posts
4528 upvotes
Toronto
dk1021 wrote: I’m on the fence still. I had the agreement reviewed and noticed there is no cap on park levy. What is a reasonable amount for this? First time purchasing pre con so not sure if all these extra fees are normal. (Ie. gym membership fee)
My own agreement just came in, I have a pretty good lawyer, going to send it to him for review tomorrow and see what he can get done.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17573 posts
4528 upvotes
Toronto
Price list for the next release just came out...prices are higher as much as $60k for some of the units I’ve sold in this list!
6914D524-1C1B-4793-91CB-787E87DAD20B.png
Jan 5, 2020
530 posts
586 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Price list for the next release just came out...prices are higher as much as $60k for some of the units I’ve sold in this list!
I dont get why these prices are so high. The prices for the 2bed\2bath here seems to be more expensive than the 2bed/2bath townhomes in the same neighbourhood (i.e. m2 towns and mobilio). Why would someone buy a condo here when they can get a bigger townhouse for a similar price in the same neighborhood?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17573 posts
4528 upvotes
Toronto
Newuserid wrote: I dont get why these prices are so high. The prices for the 2bed\2bath here seems to be more expensive than the 2bed/2bath townhomes in the same neighbourhood (i.e. m2 towns and mobilio). Why would someone buy a condo here when they can get a bigger townhouse for a similar price in the same neighborhood?
The townhomes that are cheaper are basically equivalent to a basement...I've said this a lot int he past as well but I don't like Condo towns, especially those where you're in the basement essentially...even the upper is essentially being in a condo without the condo amenities....

Don't agree with the current prices, but its clearly selling so they keep raising...works out well for those who bought early! (including my own unit!)

Anyone wanna buy my unit for $60k more than I paid for it last week? NW View on a higher floor Face With Tears Of Joy ...won't complain about making $60k in a week Winking Face

(before people start reporting it, the above is just a joke - not actually selling haha)
Jul 18, 2019
24 posts
29 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Price list for the next release just came out...prices are higher as much as $60k for some of the units I’ve sold in this list!
My contract says the parking price $55k is inclusive of HST.
The new pricelist has $55k + HST....

Maybe I'm reading the contract wrong? Lol
That's an additional $7150 for a parking spot...