• Sep 20th, 2018 11:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4221 posts
1664 upvotes
Parry Sound

Fiancee and I want to get away for a week

We're looking for recommendations for all-inclusive couples resorts in the Caribbean that won't break the bank. We've previously been to Punta Cana so we'd prefer going somewhere else this time around.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
12 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4221 posts
1664 upvotes
Parry Sound
Are there any good quality couples resorts in Northern Europe?
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11376 posts
7787 upvotes
GTA, ON
Congrats! You're engaged, so you can wait a tad bit longer.

Save the money and blow it on a bigger and better honeymoon!
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3966 posts
1772 upvotes
BC
Watch out for sargassum!
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
675 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Are there any good quality couples resorts in Northern Europe?
Resorts aren't really a thing in Europe I find especially northern Europe
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1754 posts
844 upvotes
Alberta
I recommend Cuba if you want it to be in that part of the world. Stay at a nice 5 star-resort and experience the place, it's unlike most other places I have been. I have been to Punta Cana and Samana in DR, and Mexico and stuff, but Cuba is just different, it's kind of neat to experience, and relatively inexpensive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4221 posts
1664 upvotes
Parry Sound
Gboard2 wrote: Resorts aren't really a thing in Europe I find especially northern Europe
Yeah, I figured. We plan to travel Europe one day. A resort wouldn't make sense anyway.
eblend wrote: I recommend Cuba if you want it to be in that part of the world. Stay at a nice 5 star-resort and experience the place, it's unlike most other places I have been. I have been to Punta Cana and Samana in DR, and Mexico and stuff, but Cuba is just different, it's kind of neat to experience, and relatively inexpensive.
Thanks, we'll take a look at Cuba. Any specific resort you'd recommend?
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4672 posts
4186 upvotes
eblend wrote: I recommend Cuba if you want it to be in that part of the world. Stay at a nice 5 star-resort and experience the place, it's unlike most other places I have been. I have been to Punta Cana and Samana in DR, and Mexico and stuff, but Cuba is just different, it's kind of neat to experience, and relatively inexpensive.
Just be warned, a 5 star in Cuba would be a 1 or 2 star anywhere else in the world.
Friendly reminder #1: Keurig cannot properly brew coffee. Get a Nespresso or a French press. You can thank me later.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15189 posts
12342 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
chimaican wrote: Congrats! You're engaged, so you can wait a tad bit longer.

Save the money and blow it on a bigger and better honeymoon!
We LOVE to travel... any excuse

But ya know, these comments by @chimaican are actually really good advice

A honeymoon can be a once in a lifetime trip... which means Uber expensive

It both kicks off your marriage, but is a reward for all the crazy months spent planning & stressing

Know lots of folks who maxed out on the Wedding, and skimped on the Honeymoon... and years later they still bring up any of the following

We did not have a honeymoon
Honeymoon was delayed
Honeymoon was too short
We were cheap on our honeymoon
We were there on our honeymoon, but never went to / did ____ Cause it was too expensive

Don’t be that couple

Save your bucks big time now for a honeymoon you’ll remember fondly for decades

Getaway now... you are an engaged couple crazy in love, won’t matter where you go, even a rustic rental cottage.. in the middle of no where, in a week of rain... you’ll be happy. That crazy adventure won’t cut it so much after you are married. Lol, take advantage of the cheap & easy getaway while you can... cause after you are married the wife is going to make far more demands about comfort, and even if she doesn’t you are still going to find yourself in the spot of having to step up your game to keep things running smoothly. Been married forever it is what it is... never met a Married Guy who hasn’t said these sorts of things change drastically after marriage
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1754 posts
844 upvotes
Alberta
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Thanks, we'll take a look at Cuba. Any specific resort you'd recommend?
We stayed at Ocean Varadero El Patriarca, was pretty good. There are many other options there, much cheaper too, but a 5 star in Cuba is like a 3 star in Mexico....so I guess don't book a 3 star in Cuba and you will have a good time.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11376 posts
7787 upvotes
GTA, ON
Thanks @PointsHubby

i just reread my post and it sounds like I'm coming across as an ass. Lol.... Guess I need to do better with my grammar.

But yes, that is what I meant. You should just do a quick weekend away if you want to spend some alone time with the fiancee. Take all the cash you got and put it towards your honeymoon. It could mean more days in your honeymoon, or extra special dinners, or more excursions, or even a better hotel/location. The honeymoon is when you should spoil her rotten. Just like your wedding, your honeymoon only happens once!
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jan 14, 2008
430 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Also be aware of zika advisories to many of the tropical countries, especially if pregnancy is in the horizon.