Computers & Electronics

Fibe TV technical questions

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 2:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes

Fibe TV technical questions

I recently subscribed to Fibe TV, and have 2 questions or issues:

1. Switching Audio: How do you switch the audio stream on a dual-audio programs? e.g. on Fairchild channels, some drama series are broadcast in Cantonese/Mandarin dual stream. How do I switch between the audio stream (in both the 4K PVR, the Fibe TV App, and on both live and recordings). I found that even the default is Cantonese, the recording is played in Cantonese on the PVR, but played in Mandarin on the App.

2. Recording Series: I noticed that when I tried to record the Fairchild channels drama series, it only record today's episode, and no more. It only shows one listing (today) on the "Scheduled" tab, and nothing more. When I used the same "default" setting to record other channels, like YTV, I can see that all the upcoming episodes are shown on the "Scheduled" tab (today, tomorrow, and the days after). It makes no difference with using the PVR and the Fibe app, and with different "Record Series" setting. One thing I noticed is the extended program information for the Fairchild channels drama series usually contains nothing, but the mainstream channels have a different episode name for each episode.
Last edited by BB88 on Dec 20th, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
13 replies
Temp. Banned
User avatar
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1308 upvotes
Can't believe people are still actually paying for services with PVR when VOD services are abundant and even free !
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: Can't believe people are still actually paying for services with PVR when VOD services are abundant and even free !
Is there is any legal TVB sources for free, I don't mind to know more about it.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: I posted instructions on there, tons of free TVB programming on there.
tvpad-watch-hong-kong-taiwan-mainland-c ... #p31865396
Well, I have vChannel, and I believe this is similar. Aside from the legal issue, the quality of the feeds are mostly 360p, if I can actually get it working. Many of the links do not work, and I have to use a phone to cast. That's the reason I still didn't cut the cord.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19243 posts
7338 upvotes
Toronto
Is TVB available on Bell fibe?
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes
will888 wrote: Is TVB available on Bell fibe?
I watch the TVB dramas on Fairchild.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 14, 2017
138 posts
46 upvotes
For Fairchild, there is a separate channel for Cantonese and Mandarin stream. If I recall correctly, the channels are arranged like this: Fairchild E (Cantonese), Fairchild E Mandarin, Fairchild W (Vancouver), Fairchild HD. But I haven't done much in terms of recording shows since I could rewind to an earlier time in the day so I couldn't verify. (I had Fibe for almost 5 years and recently dropped it.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes
XeniaOnatopp wrote: For Fairchild, there is a separate channel for Cantonese and Mandarin stream. If I recall correctly, the channels are arranged like this: Fairchild E (Cantonese), Fairchild E Mandarin, Fairchild W (Vancouver), Fairchild HD. But I haven't done much in terms of recording shows since I could rewind to an earlier time in the day so I couldn't verify. (I had Fibe for almost 5 years and recently dropped it.)
DIdn't know FAIRM actually means Fairchild Mandarin. Thanks for the information!
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Temp. Banned
User avatar
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1308 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Well, I have vChannel, and I believe this is similar. Aside from the legal issue, the quality of the feeds are mostly 360p, if I can actually get it working. Many of the links do not work, and I have to use a phone to cast. That's the reason I still didn't cut the cord.
vChannel has not worked on Android mediaplayers since 2016. They wrote a code to only work on tablets and smartphones only !
Most feeds are available in 720p which is more than those 240p feeds on IPTV ...LoL
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: vChannel has not worked on Android mediaplayers since 2016. They wrote a code to only work on tablets and smartphones only !
Most feeds are available in 720p which is more than those 240p feeds on IPTV ...LoL
The quality is more like 360p with the heavy compression. I tried RSS player with your feed link, and the quality is similar,. 4 out of 5 link from the current drama series are not working neither. It's just can't be compared to cable.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Temp. Banned
User avatar
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1308 upvotes
BB88 wrote: The quality is more like 360p with the heavy compression. I tried RSS player with your feed link, and the quality is similar,. 4 out of 5 link from the current drama series are not working neither. It's just can't be compared to cable.
The Snowflake generation complains even if it is free !
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4967 posts
5765 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: The Snowflake generation complains even if it is free !
That's because you were wondering why there are people who still didn't cut the cord.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Temp. Banned
User avatar
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1308 upvotes
BB88 wrote: That's because you were wondering why there are people who still didn't cut the cord.
HD cable is at best 536p on a good day, doubt any of those Fairchild broadcasts are anything near that !

Top