Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

10GB $60 Fido Pulse Plan (AB, BC, ON)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2018 10:30 pm
Nov 12, 2009
570 posts
657 upvotes
Talked to them both phone and via chat and they won't budge. I said I would port out to Rogers but they don't seem to care. They are loyal to new customers and not to a 10year long customer. Bye bye Fido!
Dec 21, 2012
61 posts
68 upvotes
Thank god that the pricing is getting competitive!

If you're like me who thinks 10GBs might be a bit too much there are two other plans Fido is offering.

$45/mo - Unlim. CW + 4 GB of data (2 gb bonus for 24 months) Non-Pulse
$50/mo - Unlim. CW + 5 GB of data (2 gb bonus for 24 months) Non-Pulse

These are a price match with Freedom Mobile, not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but wanted to give you guys all a choice. I switched to the 45 plan as 4gb is enough, and within 2 years should be more better plans (hopefully!)

Enjoy :)
Mar 7, 2015
21 posts
7 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Spoken to both Fido and Rogers. I can confirm that Fido will not allow current customers to get the $60 plan, only eligible for the $85 large plan and a new phone. I even spoke to retentions, it was a no go. I did however get unlimited talk bonus for the next three months, so, yay.

Rogers said they will happily let me port for the same deal. The only caveat is they don't do 2nd line discounts, so I'll lose the 10% discount on one of my lines with Fido.
Apr 25, 2015
99 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can I switch from Rogers to Fido for this? I'm a current Rogers customer and don't qualify for theirs
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
severeawesomeattacks wrote: Spoken to both Fido and Rogers. I can confirm that Fido will not allow current customers to get the $60 plan, only eligible for the $85 large plan and a new phone. I even spoke to retentions, it was a no go. I did however get unlimited talk bonus for the next three months, so, yay.

Rogers said they will happily let me port for the same deal. The only caveat is they don't do 2nd line discounts, so I'll lose the 10% discount on one of my lines with Fido.
Best Buy is offering the 10GB/$60 for BYOP. Would this be the same deal? If so, why can they offer it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
globalstar66 wrote: I just called Fido and asked to speak to a manager. The manager told me it's ONLY for new customers or new added lines, so I mentioned I would just port my number to Rogers, and get it from them. He said there were already x number of people that called in and said they would go to Rogers, and that they were monitoring EACH customer saying they would go to Rogers. He said that if enough people "threatened" the same thing, that Fido marketing MIGHT listen and allow existing customers to get this deal. Each and every "possible porting to Rogers" was being monitored and given through to the Marketing Manager for his review.....

I hope this is the case, but let's see how many people threaten to port to Rogers and vice versa - maybe we get lucky.
I don't see why Fido would care. Rogers and Fido are the same company.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
hvwozq wrote: So they are treating AB/BC and ON different now? All three used to get the shaft.
Ontario's population is more than BC+AB combined, they can't be giving out too many discounts there, willy-nilly. Ontario is Robellus's bread and butter market.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1029 posts
502 upvotes
Vancouver
dealseaker101 wrote: I don't see why Fido would care. Rogers and Fido are the same company.
The managers and sales reps hands are tied until rogers opens up the plans. The system they use simply won't allow them to switch you to it. Once bell officially offers their plan tomorrow and Telus likely to follow I expect rogers to open it up to existing customers
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
They want Fido customers to port to Rogers (it's considered premium migration and agents get sales revenue for it). So they will not do anything about it. However for Rogers customer they MAY do something to keep them within Rogers but highly unlikely.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
dealseaker101 wrote: Ontario's population is more than BC+AB combined, they can't be giving out too many discounts there, willy-nilly. Ontario is Robellus's bread and butter market.
Rumor is they still bitter about Telus and want to steal their market share.
Feb 19, 2010
612 posts
314 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Ugh. I don't wanna have to switch from Fido but I might just do it.
Dec 28, 2015
21 posts
12 upvotes
Got off the phone with Koodo, they will start matching the plan tomorrow. Can either go in store or call them (Got told the employee will just call customer support anyways)
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
gamedeals2083 wrote: Got off the phone with Koodo, they will start matching the plan tomorrow. Can either go in store or call them (Got told the employee will just call customer support anyways)
that's awesome. I'll pay $12 more to get off the $48 SK plan to get double the data plus become eligible for a tab.
Dec 28, 2015
21 posts
12 upvotes
I'll enjoy my nice 25% discount courtesy of Loblaws. 45 bucks is a steal. ( Current plan is 60 for 4gb )
Nov 21, 2010
296 posts
79 upvotes
gamedeals2083 wrote: Got off the phone with Koodo, they will start matching the plan tomorrow. Can either go in store or call them (Got told the employee will just call customer support anyways)
Hopefully Telus will too as it's nice to get the bundle discount if you have other services with them already.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
so what happens after 24 months? You drop to 5GB and your plan can be subject to plan increases or is it permanent?
Dec 28, 2015
21 posts
12 upvotes
Yushimi wrote: Hopefully Telus will too as it's nice to get the bundle discount if you have other services with them already.
Don't see why they wouldn't.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23193 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
Is the large tab worth it? I'm assuming the extra $25/month goes into the phone each month? If I'm going to take advantage of this for two years then I mind as well get a phone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Sgt_Strider wrote: Is the large tab worth it? I'm assuming the extra $25/month goes into the phone each month? If I'm going to take advantage of this for two years then I mind as well get a phone.
Just keep in mind 24x$25 = $600 and you continue to pay $85 even after 2 years. And Fido may downgrade the plan down from premium later on.