• Jan 22nd, 2021 4:54 pm
[OP]
May 5, 2015
236 posts
343 upvotes
Dundas, ON

[Fido] Fido 150M for $37.50 plus $100-$150 gift card

Don't think this is posted yet and the other thread expired

Was going for the 150M $45 plan at walmart wireless booth and noticed that they discounted the plan even further. People were complaining that they never received the gift card from last promo, but $37.50 is a good deal on its own.

If you decline the plan they might even offer you an additional $25 gift card (or just ask for it politely, this is their internal promo to get you to sign)

edit:
1) I was told the gift card would come in email after 4 week.
2) you can cancel and sign up the next day as new customer
3) the $25 gift card I got is a Walmart gift card and I got it on the spot, had to buy an accessory to get it, I got a $2 usb cable
Images
  • IMG_20201106_200124.jpg
Last edited by chenw25 on Nov 6th, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
This offer is not available for those of us living in the "country" of Quebec.
1537 replies
Sep 30, 2001
28454 posts
7581 upvotes
Toronto
if i cancel my service could i sign up for this a few days later or do you have to be a non-subscriber for a period of time before you can take advantage?
FS: Marley Wireless Earphones (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Sep 3, 2018
47 posts
12 upvotes
sirjimitron wrote: It's been 8 weeks and I'm still waiting on the $150 gift card...see this thread fido-150u-home-internet-45-month-9gb-ce ... v-2400993/

Multiple people have submitted CRTC complains because literally no one got the gift card
Same here... How do I file a complaint? Mind sharing a link ? Thanks

Edit: Just received my $100 gift card yesterday, which is part of the Internet Promotion back in September. Note that it is different from the current Walmart offering..
Last edited by KyleG39654 on Nov 12th, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2012
372 posts
185 upvotes
GTA
I personally cancelled my fido internet because i didn’t want to deal with them anymore after got string along for 8 weeks.

However, is the gift card here awarded directly or again after 6 weeks?
Last edited by hkhorace on Nov 6th, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7165 posts
3439 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
KyleG39654 wrote: Same here... How do I file a complaint? Mind sharing a link ? Thanks
If I cancel after 8 weeks, can I sign up for the 37.5 plan and get another 150 gc?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Aug 24, 2018
342 posts
135 upvotes
Langley BC
Fido Home internet is only where rogers is the cable provider.
Right?!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2734 posts
2264 upvotes
Toronto
sirjimitron wrote: It's been 8 weeks and I'm still waiting on the $150 gift card...see this thread fido-150u-home-internet-45-month-9gb-ce ... v-2400993/

Multiple people have submitted CRTC complains because literally no one got the gift card
KyleG39654 wrote: Same here... How do I file a complaint? Mind sharing a link ? Thanks
The complaint in not filed with CRTC.
The complaint is filed with CCTS (Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services)

Complaint form: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers ... aint-form/
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1851 posts
1146 upvotes
Need something faster than 150 mbps.

Had to cancel Rogers because they bumped up the price.
Dec 30, 2013
147 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
Use this if you live in a 1 bedroom condo at your own discretion. The speed and wifi strength is good if you are like 1-2 people in the house and do not have multiple devices running at the same time.
I cancelled my services after 1 week after hopping onto this promo last time.
Being a gamer (even though I directly wired), and being in a 5 family household did not work out with this speed and the wifi modem/router signal was weak as well.
It's made for light usage, and that's pretty much about it. There's no real issues, but I have been spoilt with 500mb to gigabit internet lol
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1319 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
After 12 months, do you pay regular $75/month?

Can I use my own modem (HITRON CDA3-20) ?
Feb 19, 2013
192 posts
169 upvotes
I am currently with Fido Black Friday deal from last year and will be cancelling soon. Is there a way for me to take advantage of this?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2734 posts
2264 upvotes
Toronto
gyong3 wrote: After 12 months, do you pay regular $75/month?

Can I use my own modem (HITRON CDA3-20) ?
Yes.

No, Fido supplies their own modem for free.
jvrizzle wrote: I am currently with Fido Black Friday deal and will be cancelling soon. Is there a way for me to take advantage of this?
Use someone else who is living with you to sign up for this deal.
Dec 7, 2007
292 posts
153 upvotes
coutinho365 wrote: Use this if you live in a 1 bedroom condo at your own discretion. The speed and wifi strength is good if you are like 1-2 people in the house and do not have multiple devices running at the same time.
I cancelled my services after 1 week after hopping onto this promo last time.
Being a gamer (even though I directly wired), and being in a 5 family household did not work out with this speed and the wifi modem/router signal was weak as well.
It's made for light usage, and that's pretty much about it. There's no real issues, but I have been spoilt with 500mb to gigabit internet lol
Actually, normally we don’t use the wifi provided by the ISP, you need use your own router and setup their device to be bridge mode. This is not the reason to complain FIDO, they only provide the speed, as long as you can get the speed with wired Ethernet cable , then they should be ok.
Jan 13, 2005
632 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jvrizzle wrote: I am currently with Fido Black Friday deal from last year and will be cancelling soon. Is there a way for me to take advantage of this?
I'm in the same boat. I called Fido today to see what they can do after the 12 month ends and they said they can do $50/month. I said no thanks.
Can I sign up for Fido again using my girlfriend name and cancel my account thereafter?
Due to working from home I don't want to cancel my internet upfront.