Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 7:02 pm
Oct 19, 2006
33 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone else weary of the GC offer? Seems to be applied inconsistently.

I'm currently on the 150 plan, signed up at the last BTS promo ($50 best buy GC and 6 months Sportsnet Now subscription). I never got either and had to followup numerous times for months. After 4 months, I wrote a complaint to CRTC regarding the misdirection. Someone at corporate followed up a month later and offered me a credit for everything ($19.99 x 6 + $50) plus a free month as a sign of "good faith".

Had I not wrote to CRTC, it would have likely been swept under the rug.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1611 posts
1181 upvotes
GTA West
I think this is only available in Rogers cable territory.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1086 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
jkhan wrote: Anyone know how the setup is, I'm currently with Rogers and WFH so I need internet and don't want a disruption. Can I do setup myself and then once that works cancel Rogers?
Yes, you can. Make sure Fido works before you call Rogers to cancel.
Jan 4, 2014
970 posts
362 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
jkhan wrote: Anyone know how the setup is, I'm currently with Rogers and WFH so I need internet and don't want a disruption. Can I do setup myself and then once that works cancel Rogers?
Rep told me the day the modem arrives, cancel my current provider and plug the Fido modem in.
Jan 4, 2014
970 posts
362 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Maplecountry wrote: Only for students they say.Called twice.
Use fido live chat on their website. Rep never once mentioned it was students only, didn't even come up.
Jun 12, 2007
788 posts
404 upvotes
Galaxy151 wrote: I'm one of them lol do you think they would be willing to return the modem deposit charge? $49.00 Modem Deposit (one time) as well as the unused days we prepaid for? Thanks in advance!
As soon as you cancel, they should refund you for the unused days youve already paid for that month.
I forgot I even did a modem deposit. Im guessing you get it back when you return it to carrytel?
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
862 upvotes
Yup, that's exactly what I did. Plugged in the new modem, tested everything then called Rogers to cancel.
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
862 upvotes
d1000 wrote: Anyone else weary of the GC offer? Seems to be applied inconsistently.

I'm currently on the 150 plan, signed up at the last BTS promo ($50 best buy GC and 6 months Sportsnet Now subscription). I never got either and had to followup numerous times for months. After 4 months, I wrote a complaint to CRTC regarding the misdirection. Someone at corporate followed up a month later and offered me a credit for everything ($19.99 x 6 + $50) plus a free month as a sign of "good faith".

Had I not wrote to CRTC, it would have likely been swept under the rug.
I signed up for the same plan last year and got both no problem. Got them shortly after signing up although I never ended up using SN Now.
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Majokito wrote: I signed up for the same plan last year and got both no problem. Got them shortly after signing up although I never ended up using SN Now.
How quickly did you get it?
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
862 upvotes
Infiverse wrote: How quickly did you get it?
Just checked my emails. I signed up for Fido internet on Sept 4, 2019 and got the BB GC and SN Now code on Sept 11.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2006
1165 posts
50 upvotes
I really want to get rid of my Cannet 300 meg down $39 a month package.
Shitty download speeds at night and constant drops.

Can somebody confirm. The $45 price doesn't inc;lude tax, right? It also doesn't include the modem fee, right?

So tax in and modem in, what's the final price?

Cheers
Jan 4, 2014
970 posts
362 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
fogo wrote: I really want to get rid of my Cannet 300 meg down $39 a month package.
Shitty download speeds at night and constant drops.

Can somebody confirm. The $45 price doesn't inc;lude tax, right? It also doesn't include the modem fee, right?

So tax in and modem in, what's the final price?

Cheers
Modem is included in price.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

EpicMoogle