Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 10:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
Finally got gift card registration email. Looks like I SHOULD get it before Black Friday!

The CCTS complaints must have helped.

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1162 posts
196 upvotes
I got the apology email around 2pm today. but still no gift card registration email. Checked spam folder already.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1291 posts
3314 upvotes
Toronto
Got the apology email, but no GC registration email yet either
May 13, 2011
203 posts
146 upvotes
Scarborough
AsY22992 wrote: only got Amazon gc? though u could choose Walmart as well
The form had option to choose Walmart or Amazon GC
Aug 8, 2018
107 posts
114 upvotes
Centre of universe G…
The digital gift will still take another 6 weeks to arrive. Ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
FINALLY GOT THE EMAIL. damn gotta wait another 6-8 weeks for the physical card.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
s09milligan wrote: The digital gift will still take another 6 weeks to arrive. Ridiculous.
According to email up to 2 weeks

Jan 29, 2013
106 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
I just got mine too - both in junk/spam folder.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
s09milligan wrote: Can you share a screenshot please?
screenshot.jpg

Oct 15, 2017
630 posts
436 upvotes
Canada
Amazing, the company they used finally sent out some emails; it only took them just over 8 weeks. Now we wait another few weeks, to see if they actually send out the gift cards.

Keep the pressure on, file those CCTS complaints if you haven't already. Even if you have, don't cancel the complaints yet until you have the gift cards and used them, LOL!!! With the rigmarole we've been put through, anything is possible.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
2017 posts
3071 upvotes
Mississauga
still no email here.

glad i filed a complaint with CCTS.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1676 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Wow Fido actually came through.. got the delay notice then the email for the gift card registration 2 hours later. Only called in once about 2 weeks ago and they told me it would take 4-6 weeks for it to arrive.
Nov 8, 2018
278 posts
539 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: For those that got the email.

1) when did you sign up?
2) did you complain to fido?
3) did you complain to ccts?

Still no email here.
1. Oct 5th
2. No
3. No
Apr 26, 2019
127 posts
49 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: For those that got the email.

1) when did you sign up?
2) did you complain to fido?
3) did you complain to ccts?

Still no email here.
1) September 8th with Modem hookup/activation September 12th
2) Yes, multiple times
3) not yet, but I will if I don't get it by Black Friday
No emails at all, not even the Apology Email. I tried chatting again today:
1st try was bull shit, kept asking for my Fido phone number or account number but never sent the secured form, after mentioning the secured form a few times saying I'll give it in the form they finally sent it, asked if I checked my junk emails? yes I did, then I get what appears to be a copy paste reply "The normal delay is 6 weeks. I am sorry for the delay and for the inconvenience that may cause. There's a delay sending the registration email. We have recently sent out registration email which will take 1 to 2 weeks for you to receive it." I replied with "Was told the same in the past & got it expedited but still nothing", they asked if the email I gave is correct, I said yes it's correct, they replied "Yes, there's additional delay with the registration of Gift card and we have already escalated the issue for you." I asked to escalate it again, and they did.
2nd attempt, Tried multiple times to fill out the secured form, but they said it kept showing up blank, after 3rd attempt & told me to try a new chat window or call in they just cut & left.
3rd attempt: finally got somewhere, secured form sent right after asking how me & my family is doing, worked 1st try. after I said I submitted the form they replied with "Got it, thanks! Just to confirm, have you checked your spam folder for the gift card? The email is sent from fido@e.helloworldmail.com" I replied that I checked my Junk/Spam folder & searched for that email, nothing. reply I got was "Thanks for confirming! I have checked and there have been some delays with the gift cards, we're very sorry about that. From what I see your gift card has been requested. The team in charge expects all gift cards to be sent by the end of the week. " after waiting a bit to see if anything else would be said I was asked if I was still online with them, I replied with "still here, just wondering if I can make sure the escalations went through & add another one to be safe. also, I saw people have received a email apologizing for the delay but I never received that email, others have also been offered a $20 Bill Credit for the Inconvenience." the replies I got was "From what I see your request was already sent. It would not be any faster if we send another one. We sincerely apologize for the delay. I can however assure you that all gift cards will be sent before Black Friday from the information we have. ""I would be able to offer you a one time $20 credit on your account" I took the Bill Credit, now to just wait & see if I'll receive any emails for the Gift Card.