Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 12:48 am
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2060 posts
860 upvotes
Toronto
RHSChris wrote: I requested an Amazon GF on Nov. 12th and still have not received.
How did you requested it?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2006
1145 posts
95 upvotes
so are we all just supposed to complain to Fido in order to get our gift cards?
I haven't received anything yet but I haven't contacted them yet either.
Oct 27, 2020
21 posts
72 upvotes
i complained twice, which supposedly got escalated the 2nd time. no apology letter, no email, nothing. i did file a ccts complaint and they did acknowledge my case. so let's just wait and see how that goes
Nov 27, 2016
11 posts
4 upvotes
London, Ont
andrew4321 wrote: How did you requested it?
Through the email sent from Fido to register for a gift card. Had the option of choosing a Walmart or Amazon GF.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5391 posts
1156 upvotes
Got gift card and used it towards a refurb Galaxy S9 Plus....
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3855 posts
1260 upvotes
Toronto
This is beyond ridiculous now... signed up Sept 16, contacted Fido after 6 weeks and was told that it would be escalated and that I should receive the registration email in 2 weeks... another 2 weeks gone and still nothing. Called in this morning and the agent told me about the memo she received yesterday about customers getting a default Amazon gift card by Nov 18 at the latest.... still nothing in my inbox nor spam folder. Chatted online with another agent this morning and inquired, and she stated that it will be another 6 weeks from when when I escalated (so, 4 weeks from today) as it resets the clock after an escalation is made. I asked about getting the $20 goodwill credit, and she wouldn't budge; so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. Surprise, surprise no supervisor currently available so I gave my number and was told that I'll receive a call from a supervisor within 48 hours. I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't receive the apology email either, as others have reported.

EDIT: surprisingly a supervisor called me back within 30 minutes. who apparently "escalated even further", and I should receive the registration email by next week and he will call me back as a follow up to confirm.
Aug 13, 2020
2 posts
Just received the online Amazon gift card from Amazon! Activated the offer on September 29th, after following up with online reps via chat on November 11th and receiving the apology email on the 12th.
Nov 27, 2016
11 posts
4 upvotes
London, Ont
Update - received the digital card and have now added the credit to my Amazon account - finally!
Jan 28, 2017
78 posts
98 upvotes
Received my gift card as well.

November 8 - Chatted with FIDO, told I should receive invite within 1 week

November 16 - Received email to activate offer

November 17 - Received email with GC code

November 17 - Frustration replaced with relief
Sep 26, 2016
42 posts
38 upvotes
Got my gift card today.

Email was sent to spam. I opened it, then hit a Claim button on the page. Immediately got the gift card number. Adding it into Amazon worked!
Jun 12, 2015
97 posts
34 upvotes
Earth
Got it today. The email comes from helloworldmail.com

At first I thought it was a phishing email because it doesn't originate from Fido.

But the GC redemption worked.
Jan 4, 2017
125 posts
74 upvotes
toronto
Received the GC as well. Any idea if I can cancel Fido? Connection is nor very reliable for me
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4022 posts
2570 upvotes
Toronto
jackisbuying wrote: Received my gift card as well.

November 8 - Chatted with FIDO, told I should receive invite within 1 week

November 16 - Received email to activate offer

November 17 - Received email with GC code

November 17 - Frustration replaced with relief
thanks for the timeline, i escalated again on monday and was told to wait 2 more weeks for the invite

looks like you had to wait 8 days before receiving your activation email

hope i get as lucky, but with fido, not holding my breath
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3855 posts
1260 upvotes
Toronto
Repooc wrote: This is beyond ridiculous now... signed up Sept 16, contacted Fido after 6 weeks and was told that it would be escalated and that I should receive the registration email in 2 weeks... another 2 weeks gone and still nothing. Called in this morning and the agent told me about the memo she received yesterday about customers getting a default Amazon gift card by Nov 18 at the latest.... still nothing in my inbox nor spam folder. Chatted online with another agent this morning and inquired, and she stated that it will be another 6 weeks from when when I escalated (so, 4 weeks from today) as it resets the clock after an escalation is made. I asked about getting the $20 goodwill credit, and she wouldn't budge; so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. Surprise, surprise no supervisor currently available so I gave my number and was told that I'll receive a call from a supervisor within 48 hours. I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't receive the apology email either, as others have reported.

EDIT: surprisingly a supervisor called me back within 30 minutes. who apparently "escalated even further", and I should receive the registration email by next week and he will call me back as a follow up to confirm.
November 18 and still no gift card.... Surprise, surprise!

CCTS complaint filed.
Nov 15, 2013
882 posts
517 upvotes
Ottawa
Response I just got from Live Chat:
Thank you for your patience! We actually received a communication in regards to this yesterday directly from the vendor in charge of the gift cards! :) They have started sending them out as of this morning to all the accounts who were flagged but have not received it such as yours and expect everyone to have them by tomorrow at the latest. Also, they will send the gift card directly so no registration steps required! :) If you do not receive it by tomorrow, please reach out to us immediately so we can send a notice! Let me know if this helps.
They also said to make sure fido@e.helloworldmail.com is whitelisted. We'll see if anything turns up by tomorrow.
Jul 10, 2008
228 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
Finally get the $150 Gift card, even I add that email address into my contact and it still goes into spam , I was about to chat with Fido and decide to do a search in my email first , find it in spam which was send out at Nov 16 .
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
Nothing yet for me, but Just chatted & they were able to contact a Supervisor/Manager, escalated (again, hopefully) along with a $50 Credit.
Jul 10, 2008
107 posts
76 upvotes
i received the gift card email after 2 months waiting... but the link to claim the GC is dead... WTF... seriously.. anyone having this problem?
fido.png