Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2021 4:49 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
4053 posts
2611 upvotes
Toronto
SynGamer wrote: When did you submit your CCTS complaint? I signed up on 9/15 as well and still nothing. Just filed my complaint yesterday.
nov 21

if i hear nothing this week, i will follow up with both of them next week
Newbie
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
Got a email from CCTS today after filing my complaint November 23rd, so now the battle really begins with the pressure being applied to Fido.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2067 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
LordLetto wrote: Got a email from CCTS today after filing my complaint November 23rd, so now the battle really begins with the pressure being applied to Fido.
what does it say?
Newbie
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote: what does it say?
"Dear [my name]

Thank you for contacting the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent agency with a mandate to receive, facilitate the resolution of, and, if necessary, resolve eligible customer complaints relating to certain retail telecommunications and retail residential subscription television services.

We have received your complaint [number] and hereby advise you that your complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with our Procedural Code, which can be found at:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/codes-stats-a ... ural-code/

We encourage you to review the Code so that you are aware of the complaint resolution process as well as your rights and responsibilities as a customer.

In accordance with Section 6.5 of the Code, we have forwarded your complaint to your participating service provider (PSP). Pursuant to Section 6.6 of the Code, your PSP is to:

a) within 15 days of receipt of the complaint advise the CCTS in writing, with a copy to you, that the PSP objects to the complaint on the basis that in their view, it should not be investigated pursuant to the Procedural Code or any other lawful reason;

b) within 30 days of receipt of the complaint, advise the CCTS in writing, with a copy to you, that the complaint has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of both you and the PSP (Please note that under current circumstances and until further notice, Participating Service Providers are allowed 30 days to respond); or

c) within 30 days of receipt of the complaint, advise the CCTS in writing, with a copy to you, that the complaint remains unresolved and of the PSP's intention to file a written response thereto. (Please note that under current circumstances and until further notice, Participating Service Providers are allowed 30 days to respond)

In the event that your PSP responds that the complaint has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of both you and the PSP and you disagree that the matter has been resolved, you must advise CCTS within 20 days of your PSP's response.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your complaint, or anything contained in this correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact us.

CCTS

P.O. Box 56067 Minto Place RO

Ottawa, ON

K1R 7Z1

1-888-221-1687

Please ensure to retain this correspondence for future reference.

Sincerely,

CCTS Assessment Team

Be in the know of what impacts YOU as a wireless, internet, phone and TV consumer. Sign up for our FREE newsletter! https://mailchi.mp/ccts-cprst/subscribe"
Newbie
Oct 27, 2020
22 posts
78 upvotes
i'm in the same situation as you. got the ccts email on nov 11th and an email from fido president or whoever nov 18th... where am i now??? still same situation. have gotten 4 different email from fido and they consist of. how can we help you, we are working to get you your card, you should get it soon etc... it is now 2 weeks of same run around. the good news is the 30 days ccts will pass soon, so hopefully they will finally get to the bottom of this.
Newbie
Jul 7, 2015
51 posts
6 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
11stealthy11 wrote: i'm in the same situation as you. got the ccts email on nov 11th and an email from fido president or whoever nov 18th... where am i now??? still same situation. have gotten 4 different email from fido and they consist of. how can we help you, we are working to get you your card, you should get it soon etc... it is now 2 weeks of same run around. the good news is the 30 days ccts will pass soon, so hopefully they will finally get to the bottom of this.
I am on same boat!
Activated my service on Sept 7th and filed complain to CCTS on 13th Nov, got an email from fido president on Nov 24 asking me to check my junk where in my complain I clearly mentioned I regularly check my junk but nothing in it. So I responded to fido president that I haven't got anything. Afterwards nothing. After 24th Nov I replied two times to fido president for update.
Today I have contacted CCTS and explained the situation. The agent told me she is putting a note on my complain that I haven't got my gift card email yet and the complain will remain open.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2146 posts
1244 upvotes
Etobicoke
Finally received $150 E-gift card today.

Activated service on September 17th.

Received a call from office of president today. He said that it will take another 3-4 weeks for the gift card. But he can add bill credit on my account. Which I refused and told him that I am going to file a complaint with CCTS.

After couple of hours he called back to check if it is okay to send E-gift card by the end of the day. Just received an email with the link to redeem my gift card.

Idk why they are making it so difficult for everyone.
Newbie
Dec 2, 2020
3 posts
Hi forum members quick question
If the promotion still available ?
Can I go to the Fido store and get this offer ?
Can I call Fido and get this offer ?
Which one is easier ?
What documents do I require ?
Please suggest ?
Newbie
Jul 7, 2015
51 posts
6 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
AbbasP93971 wrote: Hi forum members quick question
If the promotion still available ?
Can I go to the Fido store and get this offer ?
Can I call Fido and get this offer ?
Which one is easier ?
What documents do I require ?
Please suggest ?
Try online, you may get 150u for $37.5+ $150 gift card ( most of not got it yet though)
Member
Mar 8, 2013
337 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
AbbasP93971 wrote: Hi forum members quick question
If the promotion still available ?
Can I go to the Fido store and get this offer ?
Can I call Fido and get this offer ?
Which one is easier ?
What documents do I require ?
Please suggest ?
Easiest is by signing up using Live Chat on the Fido website.

Live Chat is at the bottom in the "Get in touch" section: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us/shop-at-fido

To sign up, they require a credit card and one piece of ID (driver's license, SIN, passport, citizenship card). If you don't have a credit card, you can use two pieces of ID.
Newbie
Dec 2, 2020
3 posts
Just got the Fido deal 150mbps @$37.5. I used the chat option and went smooth
Thanks for feedback above
Member
Nov 14, 2004
485 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
LordLetto wrote: Finally got a Email from the Office of the President, or the advisor at least:
specialoffers wrote: Finally received $150 E-gift card today.

Activated service on September 17th.

Received a call from office of president today. He said that it will take another 3-4 weeks for the gift card. But he can add bill credit on my account. Which I refused and told him that I am going to file a complaint with CCTS.

After couple of hours he called back to check if it is okay to send E-gift card by the end of the day. Just received an email with the link to redeem my gift card.

Idk why they are making it so difficult for everyone.
By any chance there is a number to call the office of president?
Newbie
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
greatdeal wrote: By any chance there is a number to call the office of president?
Here's the Email I got on Tuesday (December 1st):
"Hello [My Name],

I am the advisor who is in receipt of your request to escalate your concern for further review.

I am disappointed to hear that you have an unresolved concern that would require you to contact our office and would like to assure you that I will do everything possible to find a satisfactory outcome.

After researching your concerns, my understanding of your concern is as follows:

Have yet to receive the gift card promotion offered due to activating a Fido internet service.


Please let me know if the above description is an accurate summary of your concerns.

As well, please let me know when you are available to discuss your concerns so that we may schedule a time to speak on the phone. I am in the office this week from Sunday 10-6(EST) - Monday to Wednesday 8-4 (EST) .




Katie Holman
Advisor, Office of the President



1(844)-379-4290 EXT: 7069
Sunday 10-6(EST) - Monday to Wednesday 8-4 (EST)


Fido Solutions"
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2146 posts
1244 upvotes
Etobicoke
greatdeal wrote: By any chance there is a number to call the office of president?
There is no direct number to call office of president.

Supervisor has to escalate the issue to office of president.

I received a call back next day after supervisor has escalated it to office of president.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2020
22 posts
78 upvotes
LordLetto wrote: Here's the Email I got on Tuesday (December 1st):
"Hello [My Name],

I am the advisor who is in receipt of your request to escalate your concern for further review.

I am disappointed to hear that you have an unresolved concern that would require you to contact our office and would like to assure you that I will do everything possible to find a satisfactory outcome.

After researching your concerns, my understanding of your concern is as follows:

Have yet to receive the gift card promotion offered due to activating a Fido internet service.


Please let me know if the above description is an accurate summary of your concerns.

As well, please let me know when you are available to discuss your concerns so that we may schedule a time to speak on the phone. I am in the office this week from Sunday 10-6(EST) - Monday to Wednesday 8-4 (EST) .




Katie Holman
Advisor, Office of the President



1(844)-379-4290 EXT: 7069
Sunday 10-6(EST) - Monday to Wednesday 8-4 (EST)


Fido Solutions"
I got the same response from fido over 3 weeks ago with a bunch of useless follow up emails and no gift card yet... Have you gotten yours yet?
Newbie
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
11stealthy11 wrote: I got the same response from fido over 3 weeks ago with a bunch of useless follow up emails and no gift card yet... Have you gotten yours yet?
Not yet. Got that Email on Tuesday the 1st then Wednesday the 2nd I got my email from CCTS, so likely a few more weeks of waiting. I was hoping to get it before Black Friday but that came & past, next goal would be to get it in time for Christmas gift shopping.
Jr. Member
May 29, 2017
136 posts
24 upvotes
At this point, is it a waste of time to contact the support to escalate the problem? Should I just go ahead and file the CCTS complaint?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2019
158 posts
93 upvotes
sharkhead wrote: At this point, is it a waste of time to contact the support to escalate the problem? Should I just go ahead and file the CCTS complaint?
Exactly, when I contacted them they still told me I needed to wait 6 more weeks. Then surprise, I received my gift card because of my CCTS complaint.
Newbie
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
Just got another email from the Office of the President Advisor:
"Thank you for your email, I understand that this issue has been extremely frustrating as a customer, it is also frustration for us as employees. We are never happy when a mistake is made or a technical issue prevents us from providing the best for our customers.

As of right now we are still sending out as many gift cards as possible. At this point I understand that you have lost the chance to shop with the gift card on black Friday and cyber Monday, and we as a business are unable to simply send out a cheque. The resolution the business has decided to provide customers would be a bill credit to cover the cost of their monthly service so that they can use the money the would be paying Fido elsewhere.

Have you received any updates regarding your gift card? My understanding is that you have already filled out the registration that would tag your account in order to send you the gift card, is this correct? If we are unable to get you the gift card, what would be your desired resolution?

Looking forward to hearing from you,"

1 thing in that, "and we as a business are unable to simply send out a cheque." is BS, I received a $51.90 cheque in the mail today from Freedom who I left back in September to go with Fido, so if Freedom can send cheques, why not Fido?

Top