Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2021 4:49 pm
Newbie
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
Good News! Gift Card Saga is over, just got my $150 Gift Card & redeemed it so it's on my amazon account ready to go!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
4053 posts
2611 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up Sept 15th and my watch is finally over.. Amazon.ca $150 gift card just redeemed.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2020
22 posts
78 upvotes
LordLetto wrote: Good News! Gift Card Saga is over, just got my $150 Gift Card & redeemed it so it's on my amazon account ready to go!
same here, just got it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
903 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
Same, finally. ffs why did they make this so difficult.
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 18, 2019
52 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone from downtown Toronto confirm what speed they are getting ? Does Netflix stream in 4k works fine with 150u connection ?

Thanks in advance!!!
Jr. Member
Nov 6, 2001
106 posts
25 upvotes
Sept 28th signup for myself and parents, still waiting on the promised GCs.

Fideo support was unhelpful, and emailing helloworld was met with silence.

Finally placed complaints with CCTS, so annoying
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2004
1170 posts
376 upvotes
GTA
theoneyouknowleast wrote: Sept 28th signup for myself and parents, still waiting on the promised GCs.

Fideo support was unhelpful, and emailing helloworld was met with silence.

Finally placed complaints with CCTS, so annoying
You should connect to a Live Chat agent through this site. I chatted with an agent who was much more helpful than regular Live Chat agents and even offered me $25 credit for my inconvenience. I think I'm going to receive a gift card very soon!

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/share-a-concern
Jr. Member
Nov 6, 2001
106 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks, Yes I used Live Chat Agents, they just offered to escalate the ticket and said it would be 6 weeks. Same run around most people here got,.
Newbie
Nov 10, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
I complained to the CRTC and they addressed the issue of the gift card. CRTC sent me the link for the gift card in an email. For those who haven't received the gift card., Please don't wait and send your complaint to CRTC asap.
Sr. Member
Feb 20, 2011
943 posts
315 upvotes
OzierK27689 wrote: I complained to the CRTC and they addressed the issue of the gift card. CRTC sent me the link for the gift card in an email. For those who haven't received the gift card., Please don't wait and send your complaint to CRTC asap.
CRTC or CCTS?
Newbie
Feb 7, 2016
12 posts
2 upvotes
Finally received my gift card today.

I signed up on September 19.
Filed my complaint to CCTS on November 21.
Received an email from the Office of the President of Fido on December 2. They asked me to re-check my inbox and junk folder, and I responded to them the same day.
Followed up again with the Office of the President via email on December 9.
Received the redemption link directly from the Office of the President today (not from helloworldmail.com).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 28, 2006
1145 posts
95 upvotes
I filed a complain with CCTS on November 25, they forwarded my complain on December 3rd.
Haven't heard anything from Fido yet. This process is so annoying.
Member
User avatar
Jun 6, 2008
396 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I live chatted with them today. Signed up on Oct 6 but no gift card yet. They said they will be emailing out all gift cards on Dec 17th so I will wait til then before filing a complaint to CCTS.

Also tried to get them to switch to the 50% off plan but no dice. Does anyone know if I can cancel and have my wife sign up for the 50% off and it'll work (same address)?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2007
5280 posts
2844 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up at end of Sept and received sorry for delay, wait longer email yesterday... And got the amazon gc today.
Newbie
Sep 28, 2019
20 posts
14 upvotes
Signed up Sept 26. Still waiting. Received an email 2 days ago

Important update about your Fido gift with purchase

We’re experiencing some processing delays with your Amazon gift card and apologize that you have not received your gift card yet. We know this can be frustrating and we’re doing everything we can to get it to you as quickly as possible. You’ll get the gift card from this email: fido@e.helloworldmail.com (make sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it). Thanks for holding tight.

Thank you,
Fido
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 9, 2009
5060 posts
694 upvotes
Signed up sept 18
CCTS complaint filed Nov 20
Complaint confirmed and sent to Fido Nov 25
Still have not heard back at all...

Email on CCTS complaints says they are supposed to respond by 30 days. it's been almost 30 days, anyone know what happens after the 30 day mark?
Member
Feb 3, 2011
216 posts
19 upvotes
Thornhill
messiahman wrote: Signed up Sept 26. Still waiting. Received an email 2 days ago

Important update about your Fido gift with purchase

We’re experiencing some processing delays with your Amazon gift card and apologize that you have not received your gift card yet. We know this can be frustrating and we’re doing everything we can to get it to you as quickly as possible. You’ll get the gift card from this email: fido@e.helloworldmail.com (make sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it). Thanks for holding tight.

Thank you,
Fido
Have you complained/contacted Fido or CCTS regarding the gift card?
Newbie
Sep 28, 2019
20 posts
14 upvotes
Lyuda wrote: Have you complained/contacted Fido or CCTS regarding the gift card?
Will wait until end of December as I was recently told by Fido agent that I would receive it in 10 to 15 business days and that it has been escalated. At least I got an acknowledgement email saying it was delayed and will be receiving soon. I tried for $150 Fido credit with the agent but was refused that although some people in this forum said they received $150 Fido credit instead of gift card. Will contact CCTS at the end of the month if I still haven't received the gift card by then.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
12 posts
11 upvotes
cancelled Fido today (getting crappy latency and only 50mbps speed on 150mbps plan). Used to be great when I first got it, but the service has gotten really shitty lately. Got virgin mobile 50mbps for 30$ + 150 GC + 50 store credit.

Top