Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 9:51 pm
Nov 23, 2017
254 posts
107 upvotes
SquareCube wrote: Perhaps they just wanted to get people on a 2 month billing cycle before they issue the gift card so they don't lose money if people cancel.
They stated clearly during the promo up to 6 weeks of active internet service from date of installation was required to be even eligible to receive the giftcard. Why they would hide their preference for it to be 2 month billing cycle instead of mentioning that explicitly in the promotional terms is beyond me and sounds improbable to be the actual scenario.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6998 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Ph7nam wrote: They stated clearly during the promo up to 6 weeks of active internet service from date of installation was required to be even eligible to receive the giftcard. Why they would hide their preference for it to be 2 month billing cycle instead of mentioning that explicitly in the promotional terms is beyond me and sounds improbable to be the actual scenario.
It is actually 30 days of activation.
And up to 6 weeks to receive the gc.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 23, 2017
254 posts
107 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: It is actually 30 days of activation.
And up to 6 weeks to receive the gc.
Doesn't detract from my main point. Fido should make their terms explicit if they want customers to pay at least 2 months of internet before receiving the giftcard.
Nov 24, 2007
148 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Did a live chat like the Fido thread mentioned, ended up getting a rep that sent a note to “back office” and said I should be contacted within a week.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2943 upvotes
now here's the thing - if they delay it past 12 month mark what will we do then? The credits expire after 12 months and after that it's back to regular price, and still no GC?
Oct 18, 2012
317 posts
398 upvotes
OTTAWA
Ph7nam wrote: They stated clearly during the promo up to 6 weeks of active internet service from date of installation was required to be even eligible to receive the giftcard. Why they would hide their preference for it to be 2 month billing cycle instead of mentioning that explicitly in the promotional terms is beyond me and sounds improbable to be the actual scenario.
Maybe because they didn't clearly think about it. It's not the first many companies botch up a promotion. lol

Anyways, contact them *. We now know what happened and that we need to contact them to get that promo applied.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 25th, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary
Nov 23, 2017
254 posts
107 upvotes
SquareCube wrote: Anyways, contact them *. We now know what happened and that we need to contact them to get that promo applied.
* I did contact them and was quoted 3 weeks.

What, you want people to play the agent roulette game to see who'll refer them to this 'promotional team'? Yes, I'm sure with that naivety we'd all be better off not comparing our experiences here to figure out who actually is getting the gift card based on what the agent tells you lol.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 25th, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote was edited
Oct 23, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
badOne wrote: now here's the thing - if they delay it past 12 month mark what will we do then? The credits expire after 12 months and after that it's back to regular price, and still no GC?
I got the deal today and the rep accidentally pasted their internal instructions in the chat
Looks like you'll receive an email within 6 weeks of installation. Then you have 45 days to register for the GC with instructions in the email.

Here is the chat
https://imgur.com/OuPd3Bz
Apr 28, 2014
226 posts
93 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Is this offer still available? I never did see it on their site.

I'm a current Fido home internet customer with a 12-month discount running out next month; I don't expect I'll qualify for the gift card, but if people are still getting 150u for $45, that will be good to know when I call in to try to negotiate.
Aug 5, 2011
403 posts
141 upvotes
I am not sure why the Mods moved this to the expired section. I just started a Live Chat with Fido representative and he informed me that the $30 off monthly promotion is still available, and I will be eligible for the $150 gift card as a new customer.

I am contemplating between this Fido 150 (actually 300mbps) plan, or another Rogers 500U plan for $44.99 (from a third party seller).
Nov 23, 2017
254 posts
107 upvotes
ArchEnemy wrote: I am not sure why the Mods moved this to the expired section. I just started a Live Chat with Fido representative and he informed me that the $30 off monthly promotion is still available, and I will be eligible for the $150 gift card as a new customer.
It may be ymmv at this point, although it's no longer advertised on their site.
Sep 30, 2001
28360 posts
7354 upvotes
Toronto
ArchEnemy wrote: I am not sure why the Mods moved this to the expired section. I just started a Live Chat with Fido representative and he informed me that the $30 off monthly promotion is still available, and I will be eligible for the $150 gift card as a new customer.

I am contemplating between this Fido 150 (actually 300mbps) plan, or another Rogers 500U plan for $44.99 (from a third party seller).
I signed up last week and was only offered a $50 gc so $150 is a big let down.

Which 3rd party is offering the 500u package?
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Nov 23, 2017
254 posts
107 upvotes
jjtong wrote:
I got the deal today and the rep accidentally pasted their internal instructions in the chat
Looks like you'll receive an email within 6 weeks of installation. Then you have 45 days to register for the GC with instructions in the email.

Here is the chat
https://imgur.com/OuPd3Bz
MrDisco wrote: I signed up last week and was only offered a $50 gc so $150 is a big let down.
It looks like agents will offer a $150 gift card as a last ditch effort, other poster above linked an image of the Fido live chat rep pasting internal info in the chat that states 'as a last resort you can use the following positioning to close the sale:' Showing image of that poster's link here for better visibility:
OuPd3Bz.png
But it is a Rogers prepaid mastercard and not the Amazon giftcard originally offered.
Last edited by Ph7nam on Oct 25th, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

11stealthy11, Boddingtons