Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 10:49 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2313 posts
3013 upvotes
Paulo11 wrote: This is what I was offered by Rogers today. BTW I'm currently with Bell.

- Unlimited Usage internet with 150Mbps download speed.
- Monthly Charge with current promotion for 1 year $89.99+tx monthly  (normally $124.99)
- No contract or Cancellation charges

$250 pre paid Mastercard gift card

I think this is a good deal considering
no it's not
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Oct 26, 2016
17 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for your input GammaRayFort. Do you know of a contact for a better bundle deal?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6423 posts
2210 upvotes
Anyone get the mobile deal alone without the internet?
Jul 22, 2015
67 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Signed up for the 150u internet plan for $45/month for 1 year and got offered the $10 off per month for a phone plan. No hassle experience from the live chat rep.

I went with the $50/month for 9 GB phone plan ($40/month for 1 year).
So after 1 year it will go to $50/month which is fine, but does anyone know if Fido will ever increase the price above $50/month if I don't make any changes from my end? The rep said it will become a grandfathered month to month plan. But people who got that $60/month for 6 GB deal a few years back from Robellus had their price increased $5 to $10 out of the blue. Has there been any other instances where a phone company increased a month to month plan like that?
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
horrorfan wrote: Question. How do I know if the coax port at my house will work with Fido internet? I have been with Bell for more than a decade and I am using their fibe line. When I go to the Fido internet website and enter my address it says my area is eligible. Does this mean my coax port will work with their internet? Anyways to test it out?
No way to test it out until you get the modem. Cable is an old tech, you'll be mostly fine. If no coax port works then they should send a tech after you call them when the self install doesn't go as planned.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2412 posts
181 upvotes
Fido is absolutely one of the most evil companies out there. They can go **** themselves.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
teleguitar wrote: Fido is absolutely one of the most evil companies out there. They can go **** themselves.
Its hard to out do bhell
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
Paulo11 wrote: This is what I was offered by Rogers today. BTW I'm currently with Bell.

ROGERS IGNITE TV
starter TV with 150Mbps

- Unlimited Usage internet with 150Mbps download speed.
- Features like Voice Remote, Wireless boxes, Sports App, Anytime TV, Kids ZONE, Weather App, Basically it turns any tv into smart tv.
- It also has Netflix integrated into the system - which means you dont have to switch between HDMI1 and 2 anymore.
- Cloud PVR with 200 hrs of recording which can record 8 shows at the same time and you can watch your recorded shows on your tablet or phone.
- $29 One time installation fees
- Unlimited Canada Wide Home phone included in the package (it is completely free )
- 1 box (4k Enabled)
- Monthly Charge with current promotion for 1 year $89.99+tx monthly  (normally $124.99)
- No contract or Cancellation charges

if you sign up with the bundle today I can give you a $250 pre paid Mastercard gift card!!

I think this is a good deal considering what I'm currently paying with Bell for only 50Mbps and their started package which only includes 6 channels I believe.
U got tv with that? What tv pkg?
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1964 posts
3172 upvotes
Unixverse
teleguitar wrote: Fido is absolutely one of the most evil companies out there. They can go **** themselves.
I've never used Fido before but I suppose they can't be worse than Hell or Robbers anyway.
And my CrappyTel has been pathetic lately
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
I have lots if smart home items in my house, thermostat, doorbell, hubs, cameras and tvs, phones, tablets ect. will the 150 be enough speed to run everything? I am assuming its a dual band modem we get?

I have rogers gigabit right now for $79.99
Got that FIDO account!
Sep 6, 2020
5 posts
17 upvotes
I got the same deal with 150GC but FIDO agent said i will get email in 4-6 weeks which will have link for GIFT CARD order. Is it same with you or they handed gift card immediately. Thank you for your response.
Jun 15, 2012
166 posts
76 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I have lots if smart home items in my house, thermostat, doorbell, hubs, cameras and tvs, phones, tablets ect. will the 150 be enough speed to run everything? I am assuming its a dual band modem we get?

I have rogers gigabit right now for $79.99
150u should be able to cover all of those, assuming that you don't have those devices in wifi dead spots. With a mesh system in place, 150u should be perfectly fine.
Dec 14, 2007
670 posts
824 upvotes
To anyone getting the cell deal, are you able to get a new phone with that for an added fee or is it strictly BYOD?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
[quote=Samwfive post_id=33077811 time=1599487669 user_id=126834]
I too am with Tek for 8+yr. Was there any attempt to retain you? Jacking up to $59/mth for an embarrassing 28mbps.

Reading from a few posts which state that Fido activate the service the moment it ships the modem. If so then It looks like you can just unplug Tek's modem and connect Fido's right away and THEN call up Tek to cancel?

Can anyone confirm?
[/quote]
Last edited by Samwfive on Sep 7th, 2020 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
teleguitar wrote: They did.

I haven't subscribed directly to bhell in years so I don't know how they are now.

Fido has horrible reviews so they are screwing others, apparently, too.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/fido.ca?page=1
You wont find a single internet or mobile provider is mostly positive reviews. You've basically got to try them and see what works. If you don't like it, try another one.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Samwfive wrote:
I too am with Tek for 8+yr. Was there any attempt to retain you? Jacking up to $59/mth for an embarrassing 28mbps.

Reading from a few posts which state that Fido activate the service the moment it ships the modem. If so then It looks like you can just unplug Tek's modem and connect Fido's right away and THEN call up Tek to cancel?

Can anyone confirm?
Signed up fido last year coming from TekSavvy. Confirmed for everything you mentioned.
Jul 23, 2020
1 posts
Hello Everyone,

Got 11GB + 1000 international calling minutes + unlimited talk and text for 34$ per month.
Even though it says freedom to fido but I moved my number from bell to fido Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Images
  • 0DD5D66A-D0F6-44C8-835F-02805F1BB772.png
Last edited by esirmoh on Sep 7th, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 18, 2018
839 posts
915 upvotes
teleguitar wrote: They did.

I haven't subscribed directly to bhell in years so I don't know how they are now.

Fido has horrible reviews so they are screwing others, apparently, too.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/fido.ca?page=1
My parents are on Fido, I'm their go to person when the internet goes down and they haven't called me since they signed up, which is like a year ago probably.

Prior to Fido they were on Teksavvy and I gotta say it would drop a LOT. I had a horrible experience with Teksavvy years ago on their DSL service, I don't think I'd ever go back to them, but Fido is for sure credible from our experience.
Jun 2, 2003
299 posts
5 upvotes
North York
done online.. quick and easy! thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)