Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 12:48 am
Aug 20, 2020
29 posts
9 upvotes
wolfpack27616 wrote: Anybody got their modem yet? I got a shipping with Purolator email yesterday.
When did you sign up. I signed up Saturday, but no shipping email yet. Was told to expect modem by wednesday.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1077 posts
415 upvotes
GTA, ON
CaptainPro wrote: When did you sign up. I signed up Saturday, but no shipping email yet. Was told to expect modem by wednesday.
I signed up around 11:00 AM on Sat. Got the Shipping email about 24 hours later.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3271 posts
360 upvotes
Mississauga
Do you have to use their modem? Or can I i use own?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7166 posts
1190 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Maximum of $50
What's it based on? I've been with them for a few years.
Aug 10, 2018
48 posts
30 upvotes
I'm 2 hours now in live chat for the internet switching from Carrytel and the rep is saying they have system issue, because I'm already have Rogers(but it's Carrytel) account. Crazy!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6306 posts
2743 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
bk2the6ix wrote: Do you have to use their modem? Or can I i use own?
Doubt you have modem that can use with Rogers/Fido... unless wrong believe they have to activate modem for your address.

Nonetheless modem is included BUT can put the combo modem/router in bridge mode and use your own router.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Aug 28, 2016
88 posts
17 upvotes
I got off live chat but as an existing customer was only able to get $25 off instead of the $30 being advertised for new customers.
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
May likely go for the Internet through Chat, currently paying $85($75+$10 modem rental (+tax=$96.04)) for same package through Rogers so getting it for $40 less/month would be nice.
Mobile is a bit of a dilemma though, Currently on Freedom Mobile paying $40 (+tax=$45.20) for 2GB+3GB=5GB on a Deposit Account with a LG G6 I bought used off Kijiji a year ago, they are offering both 9 or 11 GB BYOP for $40 or 9GB for $40 on a standard plan, I could keep the G6 & port to Fido & get the 9GB for $40 BYOP on a network with better coverage, or on September 24th I'll graduate from the Deposit Account with Freedom & if still available at the time I could likely use my $50 deposit that I would get back + a extra $70 to get a Lightly Loved Samsung Galaxy A50 for $0/month on a 9GB (2GB+7GB Bonus) plan for $40/month on a 2 year term. So either LG G6 on Fido with 9GB, or Samsung Galaxy A50 on Freedom with 9GB or LG G6 & 11GB?
Aug 10, 2018
48 posts
30 upvotes
Dzik99 wrote: I'm 2 hours now in live chat for the internet switching from Carrytel and the rep is saying they have system issue, because I'm already have Rogers(but it's Carrytel) account. Crazy!
After 2.5 hours the rep is saying call us in 24 hours.
It's my 1st time with Fido and I don't think I want to continue with them...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5390 posts
1156 upvotes
During my chat I was transferred to Technical Support right after submitting my credit check info and they had to transfer me back. What a pain, but in the end I got the deal....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35085 posts
21054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Inno wrote: What's it based on? I've been with them for a few years.
For those that signed up on a promotion plan, which includes free installation and free modem rental.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1652 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Current Fido internet customer on 75U w/ 50% off. Easily had the promo re-added to my account last year but this year they sent me an email for $20 off automatically applied when my current promo ends.
Tried to get it via online chat. Told them my "friend" got it via chat yesterday and was told it was a 1 day promo on Sept 6 lol. Called to inquire about canceling and was then offered $25 credit for 12 months.
Aug 18, 2018
32 posts
26 upvotes
Existing user here, my previous promo just ends and I get $25 discount for 75Mbps.
I checked via web live chat.
Jun 15, 2012
148 posts
65 upvotes
yyz64 wrote: Speed of the package has nothing to do with wifi dead spots . Wouldn't matter what speed you have if there are dead spots.
The point was that 150u download speed is sufficient to cover his/her list of devices in general. Speed of the package "itself" may not have much to do with dead spots but diminishing signal strength creates dead spots. It really depends on the house structure, but I have seen dead spots improving when I doubled the speed of internet package. But you're right. Most of the cases, dead spots will remain dead no matter what because the cause of dead zone is the structural issue. I was just saying he should be fine as long as he can avoid placing his devices at dead spots somehow.
Last edited by choiclark on Sep 7th, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 5, 2017
72 posts
54 upvotes
Spoke to one CSR on live chat and the best they could do was $10 off over 12 months. Spoke to another CSR and they offered $25 off over 12 months. Current customer on 50% off discount, 150u from last year. Debating if it is worth to try again and see if another CSR will go further.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4227 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
yopman wrote: I got off live chat but as an existing customer was only able to get $25 off instead of the $30 being advertised for new customers.
Mind to share more details? A buddy called but got nothing. He is paying full price in June after his 12 months promotion ended.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jan 5, 2017
72 posts
54 upvotes
rui wrote: Mind to share more details? A buddy called but got nothing. He is paying full price in June after his 12 months promotion ended.
I am not the person you replied to, but what I said was I heard about this deal and I was wondering if they had anything for my account. They first said it was for new customers so I just mentioned what I have now and if something similar was available for me. That was it and they said $25 off for 12 months.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7166 posts
1190 upvotes
Toronto
nightwalker wrote: Was just about to sign up. Called EBox, to cancel my internet and they offered me 50/10mbps, unlimited bandwidth for $37.95/month.
Gonna try that! I'm paying $49/mo. inc tax for 25 download
Aug 28, 2016
88 posts
17 upvotes
rui wrote: Mind to share more details? A buddy called but got nothing. He is paying full price in June after his 12 months promotion ended.
Kanlee wrote: I am not the person you replied to, but what I said was I heard about this deal and I was wondering if they had anything for my account. They first said it was for new customers so I just mentioned what I have now and if something similar was available for me. That was it and they said $25 off for 12 months.
Pretty much what Kanlee said. I told them my account promo expired and saw that this $30 credit + $150 giftcard is available for new customers. Asked what is available to me as a current customer and they came back with $25 credit for 12 months, pushed for $30 and giftcard but no luck. Didn't ask for anything else, I just agreed to the credit and the rep put it on my account.