Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2021 4:49 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
4469 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Got the 150u internet, switching from Carrytel.
Also added a cell line $45 for 11GB with the 1000min LD add-on

Thanks
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 28, 2005
560 posts
32 upvotes
Markham
Smythical wrote: Rep said no physical install required. Plug in modem once received (2-3 business days) and connection should be live.
I don't have coaxial set up in the home because it's a new build
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2019
773 posts
904 upvotes
born2be_lazy wrote: I don't have coaxial set up in the home because it's a new build
put your address in the web and see if it allows you to.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Newbie
Aug 20, 2020
31 posts
10 upvotes
For people that are new 150u customers, are you able to register to your account number on fido.ca? I tried and it says account has been cancelled or suspended. Do I have to wait for the modem before registering?
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2018
124 posts
92 upvotes
CaptainPro wrote: For people that are new 150u customers, are you able to register to your account number on fido.ca? I tried and it says account has been cancelled or suspended. Do I have to wait for the modem before registering?
In my past experience with Fido, it takes a couple days for the online account registration. Last time I had to wait for the first invoice (which is usually 3ish days after the install) before the online account worked.
Member
Oct 27, 2004
282 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Just sign up 150u with Fido and leaving CarryTel. Price went up from 35 to 45 within 6 months is a bit too much.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2005
2918 posts
446 upvotes
Don't know if it was just timing, but got another agent and they put it through within a few minutes. They're doing some work at the demarc point on the house apparently (they couldn't articulate what work this was), but the modem is going to be shipped separately.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
596 posts
401 upvotes
CaptainPro wrote: For people that are new 150u customers, are you able to register to your account number on fido.ca? I tried and it says account has been cancelled or suspended. Do I have to wait for the modem before registering?
Signed up last night via chat. Got email with link from fido to choose password and finalize online account this morning
Member
Aug 12, 2011
223 posts
115 upvotes
NORTH YORK
so i've called in and i'm getting the internet deal no problem, but they won't give me the extra 10 discount for the cell phone. they said the promotion is over for that, anyone else come across that?
Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2008
228 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
Signed up via chat , will cancel carrytel when I get the modem . only take about 10 minutes, very smooth conversation .
Thanks ,OP
Newbie
Apr 12, 2020
25 posts
12 upvotes
Received a scratched up CGN3 in the mail with no active connection. Not certain whether it's faulty or not activated yet. My Carrytel connection still works. Fido chat hasn't responded in 3 hours. Anyone else with a similar experience?
Last edited by Deific_1200 on Sep 8th, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1998 upvotes
Ottawa
I saw a few people mention the router these days is a CGN3U - I signed up with Fido 4 years ago and the router I received (and am still using) is a CGN3AMF. Anyone know if that's better or worse or basically the same as what they distribute today? (Just wondering if I should look into trying to get an updated model from Fido? Sometimes our internet in the house drops and restarting the modem will fix it, but not too frequently...)
I am a current Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1102 posts
1083 upvotes
cappaj wrote: I saw a few people mention the router these days is a CGN3U - I signed up with Fido 4 years ago and the router I received (and am still using) is a CGN3AMF. Anyone know if that's better or worse or basically the same as what they distribute today? (Just wondering if I should look into trying to get an updated model from Fido? Sometimes our internet in the house drops and restarting the modem will fix it, but not too frequently...)
I have not had any issues with the CGN3U. If you're having drops, I would swap out the modem, especially since you're paying a rental fee anyway. If I owned the modem, then I'd probably just deal with it. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1436 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
How long are you guys seeing for ship times for the modem? Once you sign up?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
163 upvotes
MarkR46686 wrote: Received a scratched up CGN3 in the mail with no active connection. Not certain whether it's faulty or not activated yet. My Carrytel connection still works. Fido chat hasn't responded in 3 hours. Anyone else with a similar experience?
Best way to deal with Fido is to speak with them directly Via 1-888-236-3436 - 5 for a person

And not with the Chat
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
4469 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Wow Rogers showed up at my door to check the cable connection.
I signed up 2 hours ago, and waiting for the modem.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 1, 2018
100 posts
83 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Current FIDO internet customer on 75 for $45 special discounted plan... Tried to switch to this new plan with the discount but didn't have any luck through Live Chat since it's not a new activation. Had my SO sign up via Live Chat and it went through no problem, now going to be getting 150u for same $45 as well as the $150 gift card. I'll just cancel my current service once we receive the new modem (and then retention will likely call me and offer me the plan I was trying to get originally anyways, lol)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
163 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: How long are you guys seeing for ship times for the modem? Once you sign up?
around 5 to 10 Business days it depends on the courier

PS: I'm not sure whether they still use UPS for delivery
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1019 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
brensavoyton wrote: How long are you guys seeing for ship times for the modem? Once you sign up?
Haven't even got a shipping email yet.
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 27, 2016
86 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Checked availability of the Fido Internet on their website.
Called the number this afternoon, was on the phone for 10 minutes !
screensh.png
Asked for the promo on 150/15 and was confirmed:
- 45$/month for 12 months
- 150$ gift card after 6 weeks

Was asked for 2 ids for soft credit check.

Received 2 emails (but no mention of the gift card):
- Fido My Account (to complete the registration)
- Fido - order confirmation

Waiting for the modem Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Public Mobile $30 2GB

Top