Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2021 4:49 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
163 upvotes
Vickel wrote: Wow Rogers showed up at my door to check the cable connection.
I signed up 2 hours ago, and waiting for the modem.
Fido Solutions Inc. is a Canadian cellular telephone service provider owned by Rogers Communications Canada.
May 13, 2011
110 posts
44 upvotes
Scarborough
ahumanbeing wrote: Haven't even got a shipping email yet.
Same here. Signed up yesterday Sept 7 morning. Received account and order confirmation email but no shipping email. When did you sign up?

Also, when I login to my new account I don't see any services I have, just my account settings.
Jun 25, 2010
396 posts
65 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
IOwnAndPwnU wrote: Existing customer. Promo for 50% off 150U at $75/mo (so $33.50+tax monthly after promo) expiring this month. Called them, and they advised that they would continue the 50% promo for 12 months - easily offered by the rep. Got the email confirmation and it says $25 off each month for 12 months. Tried calling them back but they're closed now.
Signed up with another household's account. Will cancel the existing service once the modem arrives. Given shipping quoted at 2-3 days, estimate at most paying for ~5 days of extra internet service (given we don't want a disruption of our existing internet service and the new service starts the day we order it as opposed to the day the modem arrives).
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1019 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
MacPod wrote: Same here. Signed up yesterday Sept 7 morning. Received account and order confirmation email but no shipping email. When did you sign up?

Also, when I login to my new account I don't see any services I have, just my account settings.
I signed up Sunday. I did have to contact support to have my address changed due to them not including my unit number, and they said it's been processed and just waiting to ship. Until it ships nothing will show up on my account info.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1895 posts
339 upvotes
Signed up via online chat in 10 minutes. No mention of student ID required or anything,

Bouncing back and forth between Fido and Rogers to take advantage of their new customer offers. Kinda hilarious since they're the same company.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1082 posts
416 upvotes
GTA, ON
Signed up Sat Morning. Received the modem this afternoon. Set up took a few mins. So far it's been a painless process with Fido. Might end up disconnecting Bell once I have confidence about Fido reliability.
Feb 23, 2005
209 posts
42 upvotes
Called and spoke with a Fido agent but she insisted on a student ID to get the deal.

Then went to the store and get the deal in 15 minutes, no question asked.

Talked to Bell loyalty agent earlier today since my promo expires next week. The best offer I got was to pay $30 more than what I'm paying now (bumped from 300 to 500 with alt TV premium). Even Though I really like the fiber connection, it's just too hard to justify to pay almost 3x the cost.
Apr 12, 2020
25 posts
12 upvotes
May wrote: Best way to deal with Fido is to speak with them directly Via 1-888-236-3436 - 5 for a person

And not with the Chat
Turns out that the coaxial port was damaged. Hopefully you guys have better luck than I did.
Dec 25, 2008
62 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
re: questions about gift card. Got this from a chat agent:

Aaron4:27 PM
Sounds great! Just confirming about the new client $150 amazon gift card, is that also included?

Navdeep4:28 PM
Yes it will, you will get the email after 6 weeks of installation for that.
Jan 12, 2003
685 posts
273 upvotes
georvu wrote: This is with Fido modem/router in bridge mode?

You're using your own router?

Thanks for confirming!!

Yup! Im using their modem in bridge - first to my router running ddwrt and then feeding my deco mesh.

Another port on the modem is a straight ethernet run to the desk my wife works at so she bypasses all of our network. Some of her apps dont like some of my firewall/router settings it seems.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6420 posts
2815 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
slade wrote: Yup! Im using their modem in bridge - first to my router running ddwrt and then feeding my deco mesh.

Another port on the modem is a straight ethernet run to the desk my wife works at so she bypasses all of our network. Some of her apps dont like some of my firewall/router settings it seems.
Thanks!!

What upload speeds are you experiencing and is it Coda 4582 router [same as Rogers]?

OT

Doing likewise or similar with Rogers:

One port to Router A that provides wifi to guests, cameras, wifi plugs, tstat. Then Router B attached via ethernet to Router A. Router B provides wifi to our phones, gaming consoles, tablets. Yes, double NAT but working fine for us. Set up this way so Router B can see Router A but not vice versa [at least that is intention, not expert].

Second port to Router C [old wireless N router] that used only for hard wire ethernet to computer used for financial transactions.

With your second port to wife's computer... is that not missing basic router fw protection or does combo Fido modem/router still provide that in bridge mode?
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Aug 15, 2009
136 posts
32 upvotes
Does anyone know when this deal ends? I move into my house in 2 weeks so want to delay if possible. The rep says she wasn't sure when it ends and that it could "end any time"
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1471 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone living in a 70s neighborhood pick up on this offer? All the lines coming into my house are Bell. The Fido rep said they aren't letting technicians come into the homes right now too. So last thing I wanna do is order this internet and just be a lame duck going through technical support trying to get this working.

Additionally I'm trying to avoid having hanging temporary cables for months too. Just wish we could quickly ascertain how quick and possible it would be to get a line into my home to take advantage of this offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1102 posts
1083 upvotes
ah_b wrote: Does anyone know when this deal ends? I move into my house in 2 weeks so want to delay if possible. The rep says she wasn't sure when it ends and that it could "end any time"
Why not just order now to make sure you get it? Once you factor in the gift card, you're only paying like $1/day.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1102 posts
1083 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: Anyone living in a 70s neighborhood pick up on this offer? All the lines coming into my house are Bell. The Fido rep said they aren't letting technicians come into the homes right now too. So last thing I wanna do is order this internet and just be a lame duck going through technical support trying to get this working.

Additionally I'm trying to avoid having hanging temporary cables for months too. Just wish we could quickly ascertain how quick and possible it would be to get a line into my home to take advantage of this offer.
I'm in a 70s neighbourhood, we have Bell and Rogers lines though. Could you not just run your own coax line to the outside and Fido could just run their like to meet it? Then they wouldn't have to enter your house. Not going to be able to avoid those hanging lines though. They'll be there forever. My mom has been waiting a year lol
Oct 6, 2008
263 posts
14 upvotes
Just ordered via chat;
Rep was extremely helpful and easy to set up.

Rep posted:
We currently have a great deal on home internet 150 speed! The price is 75$/month but you get 30$ off during 12 months and a 150$ gift card from Amazon or Walmart! No contract, no installation fee and the modem rental is included in the price

So went with it, for $45/mo, will hunt for something after a year

Inquired after about the cell phone plan OP posted, but they said unfortunately, they are not offering the $10 discount anymore.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1471 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Majokito wrote: I'm in a 70s neighbourhood, we have Bell and Rogers lines though. Could you not just run your own coax line to the outside and Fido could just run their like to meet it? Then they wouldn't have to enter your house. Not going to be able to avoid those hanging lines though. They'll be there forever. My mom has been waiting a year lol
Thanks for the info!

That is an option but that requires me to surely drill through my brick which forces me to get masonry bits and tools. Something I'm not too keen on doing myself and then consequently sealing up lol.

My virgin is limited to 50mbs which sucks. Even Bell is capped at the 50 (usually they can offer higher than virgin)

I definitely don't have coax running in. Everyone here was originally on Bell. The ppl that have Rogers have or had wires hanging. My one neighbor got his buried though but none of us know when it happened lol. Rogers may have come at the stealth of night.

My concern is ordering Fido.....
Not having coax
Waiting for them to come....
And them charging me.
Albeit I do believe they'd be reasonable to hold off on charges until a technician can assess the situation.
Aug 31, 2005
298 posts
51 upvotes
Got the deal , but my chat history never came through
..so no history of the terms, the gift card etc.
Aug 19, 2013
764 posts
605 upvotes
TORONTO
Got the modem. It's absolute garbage. No support for wireless AC - just N. Tops out at 75 mb and 15 up sitting right in front of the modem.
Anyways disabled it and im using my own router. getting 210+ down and 16 up.

Edit: ordered Sept 5. Received modem sept 8
Jun 3, 2006
950 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
zing31 wrote: Current FIDO internet customer on 75 for $45 special discounted plan... Tried to switch to this new plan with the discount but didn't have any luck through Live Chat since it's not a new activation. Had my SO sign up via Live Chat and it went through no problem, now going to be getting 150u for same $45 as well as the $150 gift card. I'll just cancel my current service once we receive the new modem (and then retention will likely call me and offer me the plan I was trying to get originally anyways, lol)
So your SO signed up as a new customer to get the deal, and you will cancel once the (new) modem from her plan arrives?

I'm an existing customer and got offered $20 off instead of $30,waning I'm paying $120 more for the same service. If your plans works, I might do the same and get my SO to sign up under her name and cancel the existing one under my name.
BerryPride :D