Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 12:48 am
May 18, 2018
453 posts
378 upvotes
wingela wrote: I Just called Rogers and was offered $49.99/mth for 300u for 12 mths. Subject to their price increase as usual, which I believe there's one coming in a mth or two.
LOL, this is what they offered me, speed still stays the same @ 150un - "I was able to reach out to my support team and can see the best deal applied would bring total to 74.99+tax/month"
Apr 12, 2020
23 posts
10 upvotes
saudor wrote: Got the modem. It's absolute garbage. No support for wireless AC - just N. Tops out at 75 mb and 15 up sitting right in front of the modem.
Anyways disabled it and im using my own router. getting 210+ down and 16 up.

Edit: ordered Sept 5. Received modem sept 8
At least yours works, I got a dud with a broken coaxial port Face With Tears Of Joy
Jun 5, 2017
94 posts
20 upvotes
ah_b wrote: Does anyone know when this deal ends? I move into my house in 2 weeks so want to delay if possible. The rep says she wasn't sure when it ends and that it could "end any time"
I managed to sign up for a start date of Oct 1, had to talk to 2 reps though since the first guy said it wasn't possible

I also had to call a third time because I never got a confirmation email, turns out they spelled my name, email address, and address incorrectly on the sign up. So the customer service seems pretty questionable...
Dec 26, 2017
303 posts
186 upvotes
Pickering
May wrote: around 5 to 10 Business days it depends on the courier

PS: I'm not sure whether they still use UPS for delivery
All i can suggest is dont request the modem tell them you will get from fido store. Just call fido around you and ask for hitron white modem once go there showed them email and they will give you modem right away
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1056 posts
1028 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: Thanks for the info!

That is an option but that requires me to surely drill through my brick which forces me to get masonry bits and tools. Something I'm not too keen on doing myself and then consequently sealing up lol.

My virgin is limited to 50mbs which sucks. Even Bell is capped at the 50 (usually they can offer higher than virgin)

I definitely don't have coax running in. Everyone here was originally on Bell. The ppl that have Rogers have or had wires hanging. My one neighbor got his buried though but none of us know when it happened lol. Rogers may have come at the stealth of night.

My concern is ordering Fido.....
Not having coax
Waiting for them to come....
And them charging me.
Albeit I do believe they'd be reasonable to hold off on charges until a technician can assess the situation.
Yeah, Bell/Virgin have the same limits here so Rogers/Fido kind of have us by the b*lls.

You could possibly run it up the outside of your house and into the attic. Once in the attic it's a bit easier to reach other rooms of the house.
Oct 6, 2008
263 posts
14 upvotes
Shabby1211 wrote: All i can suggest is dont request the modem tell them you will get from fido store. Just call fido around you and ask for hitron white modem once go there showed them email and they will give you modem right away
I went back into chat after ordering and wanted to see if I could pick up the modem instead.
They said that, they are OOS for the modems in most if not all stores, I could give it a shot by calling local ones near me, and then contact them again to cancel the shipment.

Is the white hitron modem the one in the promo plan or the smaller black one (used by Rogers)?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1419 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Majokito wrote: Yeah, Bell/Virgin have the same limits here so Rogers/Fido kind of have us by the b*lls.

You could possibly run it up the outside of your house and into the attic. Once in the attic it's a bit easier to reach other rooms of the house.
I dont know how things have changed now but when i switched a few years ago from dsl to fido cable internet I was told if you do not have a cable inside the house they will install it for you so it just enters the house at the easiest point for them and you are responsible for running cable to where you want the modem/router. I was also told if i wanted to modify where it came in from it would be extra. I dont exactly like where the cable is but it was free so im not sure if they still can offer that but maybe call in to see? I have the coax running to the modem only and use wifi for everything else. The black modem/router combo is garbage put it in bridge mode and get a router.
Dec 26, 2017
303 posts
186 upvotes
Pickering
Idk but this modem seems great and i am using form last year and no problem with 75mb package
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2818 posts
1130 upvotes
Markham
One thing I don't get, is it possible to shop and switch for a better deal end of year when you have got the GC? anything stopping you from doing that and have to stay with them for 12 months?
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Sep 12, 2012
177 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
I was offered 150u for 35.99 unlimited with Rogers. Good deal?
Mar 15, 2019
763 posts
896 upvotes
joe7271 wrote: I was offered 150u for 35.99 unlimited with Rogers. Good deal?
new activation ?
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Sep 12, 2012
177 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Nope! Just finisished my year was paying 40.00 unlimited for 75u I said I had enough of this shit!
Oct 11, 2018
437 posts
625 upvotes
ON
AlexJosh wrote: One thing I don't get, is it possible to shop and switch for a better deal end of year when you have got the GC? anything stopping you from doing that and have to stay with them for 12 months?
No contract, per the rep who spoke to me
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2535 posts
1633 upvotes
montreal
ahumanbeing wrote: Fido is owned by rogers. They'll use the same coaxial cable.
Damn ,,, I think it isn't available in my area then...
I am in quebec, and the cable network here is videotron.
:(
Aug 17, 2006
471 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Called once... Told me I had to be a student. Called again and got deal no questions asked. Offered me the $10/off mobile plans which I declined. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1056 posts
1028 upvotes
joe7271 wrote: I was offered 150u for 35.99 unlimited with Rogers. Good deal?
Depends on where you live. If you have Bell fibre available, not a great deal since I've seen people get 500u or gigabit for that price because there is competition. A lot of the time condos get these deals. If you live where I am, I'd take that deal since I've never been able to get them below about $60 for that speed. Just called Rogers last week while shopping around and they offered me a "deal" of $74.99 for 150u.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2979 posts
956 upvotes
Ottawa
May wrote: Fido Solutions Inc. is a Canadian cellular telephone service provider owned by Rogers Communications Canada.
I think the surprise was more of how fast a technician came out to verify connection, rather than the fact that it was Rogers :)
Jul 8, 2016
42 posts
22 upvotes
My modem wifi is ass too. How did you "deactivate" it? Or do you mean you just connected a different router to the modem?
Apr 26, 2019
62 posts
14 upvotes
Done it fine through chat, transferring internet From Rogers & wireless from Freedom, received order confirmation email for home internet within a hour from confirmation in chat, equipment will be sent in 2-3 business days. Nothing emailed yet about wireless. Was told Amazon gift card will be emailed 6 weeks from activation. Was going to transfer home phone from Rogers also but the $65+tax for the adapter is required upfront instead of going on 1st bill like everything else so would need a few days to get the money in my account before I can do that.