Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 10:49 pm
Jan 17, 2017
210 posts
134 upvotes
gymchamp wrote: Got this deal as well. Thanks OP! Including hold time to get an agent the entire call took less than 20 min. I was not asked for a student ID. Hopefully the modem arrives soon.

Was anyone else asked by their agent which gift card they preferred? On the call I never specified if I wanted Amazon or Walmart. I'm guessing when we get the email in a few weeks about the gift card we can specify then? Just curious if I need to call them back. Does anyone know?
My rep told me specifically that the email I will receive after 6 weeks will have the option of choosing Amazon or Walmart gift card.
Mar 19, 2018
223 posts
229 upvotes
bajemail wrote: My rep told me specifically that the email I will receive after 6 weeks will have the option of choosing Amazon or Walmart gift card.
Good to know. Thanks for the response!
Nov 27, 2018
6 posts
Anyone else hit with a 8$ modem rental? I got the 150u deal, just got the confirmation email with an added cost.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
Tamnelia wrote: Anyone else hit with a 8$ modem rental? I got the 150u deal, just got the confirmation email with an added cost.
It should be $67 plus $8 for modem rental - $30 promo credit
Nov 10, 2009
28 posts
3 upvotes
Signed up with Fido. I called first but the agent said this is for student only so i tried again via live chat. Agent via live chat did not once ask if i was student.
May 19, 2020
14 posts
3 upvotes
why don't you try fongo home phone. $4.95 a month! Initial sign up will cost you $72 (adapter+shipping+keeping the same number+world credit) and afterwards only $4.95 plus tax.
May 19, 2020
14 posts
3 upvotes
I signed up for Fido Home internet after seeing this ad. I also asked for 39$-9GB but the rep offered me 50$-9GB. I was paying 65$ for 15GB so just just accepted that offer.
Oct 22, 2009
78 posts
12 upvotes
Bradford
Does anyone know when this deal ends? Currently have Rogers and wanted to book a cancellation closer to my next bill.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1097 posts
1288 upvotes
Helloitsanthony wrote: My modem wifi is ass too. How did you "deactivate" it? Or do you mean you just connected a different router to the modem?
You can do both. You can set it the modem in bridge mode or just plug in your router into the ethernet port. I went with the latter because i wanted devices in one end of the house to connect to the modem and the other half to connect to my main router. I turned off DHCP/NAT on my main router so it looks like all the devices are linked together through the fido modem/can talk to each other but physically, it's not. It's sorta like a reverse bridge mode
Apr 19, 2018
3 posts
In process of signing up for 45/mo + 150 GC via Online Chat. Talked to "Steve", maybe a bot, maybe a nice person. Straight up mentioned that I am looking to switch from Rogers and looking at this exact deal.
No questions asked, checked address, confirmed details and placed order.

Rogers could not offer 150u at original 45+ tax i had for a year, the best was 67 something with tax, took me 30 mins on hold, i said I dont like it, they put me on hold again. I just hung up, figured no chance they match Fido and its a waste of time, so Fido it is.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
Ordered on Sunday.
My modem is "out for delivery".
Feb 20, 2015
42 posts
84 upvotes
Markham, ON
I am with Rogers 300u for $37++, but the promotion price will end this month. I was offered the same speed for $44++ per month for the next 12 months subject to price change. Anyone with experience Rogers changing the price mid way through the 12 months? Or is it worth switching to Fido 150u for some savings?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
saudor wrote: Got the modem. It's absolute garbage. No support for wireless AC - just N. Tops out at 75 mb and 15 up sitting right in front of the modem.
Anyways disabled it and im using my own router. getting 210+ down and 16 up.

Edit: ordered Sept 5. Received modem sept 8
What is the brand/model# of the modem?
Feb 8, 2010
146 posts
112 upvotes
damn just signed up on Aug 28 for 150u for $75 after moving to a new place.
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
calvk79 wrote: I am with Rogers 300u for $37++, but the promotion price will end this month. I was offered the same speed for $44++ per month for the next 12 months subject to price change. Anyone with experience Rogers changing the price mid way through the 12 months? Or is it worth switching to Fido 150u for some savings?
A price increase is virtually guaranteed with Rogers.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3612 posts
2222 upvotes
nithanyo wrote: damn just signed up on Aug 28 for 150u for $75 after moving to a new place.
These prices are only price guarantee , not contracts anymore. Confirm anyways but you should be good to cancel and sign.
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
An FYI to people wondering about online account:

I got an email minutes after calling in to sign up for internet, to set up an online account.

I did so, logged in and nothing showed up.

Last night, I received shipping notification for modem, logged in again, and now shows internet account.

Modem should arrive today (out for delivery) so I should be up and running once it arrives.
Nov 28, 2005
773 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
calvk79 wrote: I am with Rogers 300u for $37++, but the promotion price will end this month. I was offered the same speed for $44++ per month for the next 12 months subject to price change. Anyone with experience Rogers changing the price mid way through the 12 months? Or is it worth switching to Fido 150u for some savings?
You’re considering switching to Fido 150u for $45 rather than renewing your Rogers 300u for $45??
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1715 posts
2239 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you need the extra speed, might as well save a few bucks. You ARE posting on RFD after all. :)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)