Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 10:49 pm
Feb 4, 2018
207 posts
179 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: This turned me off of the deal.

I pay a little more for (real) Bell Fibe, and it's been great. Don't want to go through any hassle.
A good router is a very worthwhile investment in my opinion. I get to change ISPs whenever I want and preserve my network preferences (WiFi SSIDs, passwords, static IPs etc). A good router can even run a nice and secure VPN server so you could access your home network from anywhere.

Putting that aside though, if you have Fiber to your home, going back to cable is probably not a good idea lol
Dec 3, 2007
996 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Kevin8se7en wrote: This turned me off of the deal.

I pay a little more for (real) Bell Fibe, and it's been great. Don't want to go through any hassle.
Most modem / wifi combo units aren't as good a having a separate router and modem.

How much is your real Bell Fibe?
Looks like 80$ for it in my area for 100mb plan.
Mar 19, 2018
223 posts
229 upvotes
Holystone wrote: Yup that’s correct. The account will not show the discounts. I have other services as well and I have to look at my previous bills to see what discount I’m getting on any service.
Thanks so much for the reply. I really appreciate the info! Cheers
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1280 posts
492 upvotes
GammaRayFort wrote: Guys,

I just spent 7minutes online with Ken, chill dude, very smooth process.
He told me all the detail of both offers including the cell plan without me asking anything.

I asked for his direct phone number to help out my fellow friends and he gave me.

I'd post it here but not sure if it will bring him trouble. So anyone interested in saving time + your credit is decent + your address has Rogers line + you WONT mention you saw his number online, shoot me a message and I'll give you his extension.
Please include "I will not mention I got this number online" in your DM or your message will go to JUNK folder.

So random people (without an account) here wont abuse this.
Got Ken's contact info from GammaRayFort, called in left VM, got a call back within an hour. 10 minute conversation and I had the $45/150u plan, ezpz
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
Hm, something stupid is going on. Plugged in my modem but it won't connect. Connecting fine to carrytel though with the exact same modem model. Now they need to send a tech out apparently
Feb 16, 2011
289 posts
145 upvotes
aghuman01 wrote: A good router is a very worthwhile investment in my opinion. I get to change ISPs whenever I want and preserve my network preferences (WiFi SSIDs, passwords, static IPs etc). A good router can even run a nice and secure VPN server so you could access your home network from anywhere.

Putting that aside though, if you have Fiber to your home, going back to cable is probably not a good idea lol
Hi
I have a small apartment around 700-800sf.
Currently using an Asus AC1200 router. Wifi speed dowlinad is 93mbps but wired is 290mbps - just got the 150U Fido plan
If the router is the issue what should I do to get the higher download speed on WiFi? Buy a new router? If so which one

Thanks in advance
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
DealHunterRFD wrote: not really, they started off well and I liked them a lot at first but my bill has gone up by $5 like every few months. They increased it right before the pandemic started and now they increased it again. It's like they are taking advantage during this pandemic time. I would stay clear from them as the prices are simialr to Tekksavvy and other providers now.
Doesn't look similar to me

CarryTel $45 for 75/10
Teksavvy 75/10 $68.95
Start.ca 75/10 $65
Rogers $85 for 75/10
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Feb 16, 2011
289 posts
145 upvotes
DealHunterRFD wrote: not really, they started off well and I liked them a lot at first but my bill has gone up by $5 like every few months. They increased it right before the pandemic started and now they increased it again. It's like they are taking advantage during this pandemic time. I would stay clear from them as the prices are simialr to Tekksavvy and other providers now.
I have had the same experience. Was with them for around 3 years. Was happy with their service and price. Till this year when they went a bit crazy with 2 price increases in 6 months. Saw this Fido deal and decided to jump ship. I bet they will lose a lot of clients to Fido. I also hear that new customers who have signed up recently now have to sign a 12 month contract.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1291 posts
3314 upvotes
Toronto
vudeshie wrote: Hi
Currently using an Asus AC1200 router. Wifi speed dowlinad is 93mbps but wired is 290mbps - just got the 150U Fido plan
If the router is the issue what should I do to get the higher download speed on WiFi? Buy a new router? If so which one

Thanks in advance
Your router's Ethernet port is 10/100 (fast Ethernet), thus capping the speed at 100 Mbps. To get the 300 Mbps that most people get with this Fido internet, make sure you get a gigabit router - it can handle speeds up to 1 Gbps. I recently got the Archer C80 on sale for $70 and it works great, but any gigabit router should work.
Feb 4, 2018
207 posts
179 upvotes
vudeshie wrote: Hi

Thanks in advance
Are those speeds with the fido modem?
Because as far as I'm aware the AC1200 can only do 100 max wired. But it should be fine with 150mbps over 5GHz wireless. The archer C80 suggested above is really nice.
Also the TP Link AX10 is on sale at bestbuy/Amazon and is capable of gigabit ethernet. It also has wifi 6, which most devices will use in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
solo. wrote: I signed up for this deal through ROGERS CHAT because I was with Rogers. Was on the chat with Rogers and asked about the Fido deal and if they could match it. They said no, but could "transfer" me to Fido rep to sign me up and I did just that. :)

So yeah, they are the same company and don't care if you jump around. Never had to touch the Fido site to sign up.
If you're on Rogers and have a @rogers.com email address, can you keep it if you switch to this Fido deal since they are the same company?
Feb 4, 2018
207 posts
179 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: If you're on Rogers and have a @rogers.com email address, can you keep it if you switch to this Fido deal since they are the same company?
Probably not. Might wanna check with Rogers support.
If it's possible, consider moving away from the Rogers email gradually so you are not tied down to overpriced service because of the email.
Mar 7, 2011
285 posts
286 upvotes
Ontario
citopher wrote: Has anybody been able to swap the CGN3U for the newer CODA modem?
Interested to see if anyone was able to swap their modem
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
glib wrote: Most modem / wifi combo units aren't as good a having a separate router and modem.

How much is your real Bell Fibe?
Looks like 80$ for it in my area for 100mb plan.
I pay $70 for Gigabit Fibe because I pretend I'm going to cancel every 2 years. lol
Dec 10, 2012
602 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
Never had internet with fido but was told it is only for student and rep wouldnt give it to me. O well
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
hkhorace wrote: Never had internet with fido but was told it is only for student and rep wouldnt give it to me. O well
Try again or just make up an ID #.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
TimeRunz wrote: Interested to see if anyone was able to swap their modem
huge YMMV but I was able to..........

Existing Fido internet client with the older CGN3U modem (silver - looks like a spaceship). I moved to a new house and placed a request to move my Internet services.

Rogers technician arrived on the day and started to set up the new CODA modem without me asking.

Finally, he asked about my current modem (do I have one?) - I kindly asked if he could leave the CODA modem installed and I could give him my CGN3U modem back.

He said "sure" - and placed a call with support to switch my modem in their system...

Been using the CODA modem since Jan - rock solid!

Mind you - I didn't have any problems with the CGN3U modem but the tech did say the CODA ones are better!

Gluck!!
Sep 18, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Just spoke to the rep. I asked when the promo expires, he said, “ there is no date on it, it will expire when it does”
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
baldone25 wrote: Just spoke to the rep. I asked when the promo expires, he said, “ there is no date on it, it will expire when it does”
Reps just wanna drive more sales, I had a rep tell me over the phone it expires over the second weekend of September. Someone reported pages back that the deal ends on Sept. 30 (see below), which I'm inclined to believe more:
Thatdealguy wrote: deal expires on Sept 30th.
TheDarkLordShallRiseAgain wrote: Where did you see this?
Thatdealguy wrote: went to a store.
Dec 17, 2019
333 posts
208 upvotes
I got it successfully yesterday but haven't received order confirmation mail yet. I can see order number and internet account number from chat history. When I try to register my account, it says account is suspended or on hold. Anybody had same experience?