Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:34 am
Mar 26, 2010
871 posts
72 upvotes
Scarborough
I just signed up, CSR told me today was the last day for the promo. I got the $45/150u with $150 amazon gift card internet plan and 40/9gb mobile plan. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1054 posts
145 upvotes
aghuman01 wrote: So I can't say for sure, but cables do go bad sometimes. If you are on windows can you check what your ethernet network adapter shows under speed.
You can hit Run>ncpa.cpl>Select ethernet adapter>Right click and Status. you should see something like this:
Just checked I saw 100mbps. That means my laptop port is limited to 100mbps only? Thanks
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
skywalker wrote: Just checked I saw 100mbps. That means my laptop port is limited to 100mbps only? Thanks
If it's an older laptop, it's most likely 100mbps.
Or it could just be a bad cable. If you have other ethernet cables, you could try those.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2009
1843 posts
508 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm going to need a 100 FT Ethernet cable that's going to run from the Fido Modem (Main floor/living room) all the way up to the 2nd floor bedroom. Would this Ethernet cable be good enough to get max speeds, low latency, etc? Sorry, don't know much about Ethernet cables.
Last edited by PR0BLEMZ on Sep 11th, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3252 posts
1653 upvotes
Toronto
Junigenmukyoku wrote: I just signed up, CSR told me today was the last day for the promo. I got the $45/150u with $150 amazon gift card internet plan and 40/9gb mobile plan. Thanks OP!
If that's the case I'll forgive the RFDer who posted the deal was ending last weekend, when clearly that wasn't true. Compelling me to sign up. However both you and them were just reporting what the CSR said, and the CSR is certainly motivated to say anything, just to get you to complete sign up with them. The old "Time limited offer" for every infomercial I've ever seen.
Jul 1, 2010
382 posts
165 upvotes
Junigenmukyoku wrote: I just signed up, CSR told me today was the last day for the promo. I got the $45/150u with $150 amazon gift card internet plan and 40/9gb mobile plan. Thanks OP!
I'm on chat with them trying to sign up. Took 30 minutes and she said she't getting some errors. Hope it will go through.
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
PR0BLEMZ wrote: I'm going to need a 100 FT Ethernet cable that's going to run from the Fido Modem (Main floor/living room) all the way up to the 2nd floor bedroom. Would this Ethernet cable be good enough to get max speeds, low latency, etc? Sorry, don't know much about Ethernet cables.
It will do the job, but in my experience these "slim" ethernet cables have a longevity problem. Also, if the RJ45 ends get damaged it's very hard (almost impossible) to replace them.
Mar 26, 2010
871 posts
72 upvotes
Scarborough
beachlover wrote: If that's the case I'll forgive the RFDer who posted the deal was ending last weekend, when clearly that wasn't true. Compelling me to sign up. However both you and them were just reporting what the CSR said, and the CSR is certainly motivated to say anything, just to get you to complete sign up with them. The old "Time limited offer" for every infomercial I've ever seen.
I mean it's a pretty good deal. lol I guess they're just trying get more subscribers with the deal. I'm a bit worried now because I didn't get my email transcript, hope everything goes smoothly. Did the live chat again and the CSR told me it can take from 24-48hrs for the email transcript, kinda weird. It's usually instant from other live chats from my experience.
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
Junigenmukyoku wrote: I mean it's a pretty good deal. lol I guess they're just trying get more subscribers with the deal. I'm a bit worried now because I didn't get my email transcript, hope everything goes smoothly. Did the live chat again and the CSR told me it can take from 24-48hrs for the email transcript, kinda weird. It's usually instant from other live chats from my experience.
I never received the chat transcript, although I did get confirmation email/modem shipping notification etc.
Nov 8, 2005
530 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
jason.lqs wrote: Talk to another agent instead , I have exactly same comments , even my internet LIVE with Carrytel which is also Rogers . so the lady won't give me this deal because of that .

I tried with another guys and he understand had no problem to set up my acct and send me the modem , it's up and running after plug in same cable.
Confirmed, that worked. Lol how odd is that, one rep said your address won't have Fido service available while the other one told you something completely different. Thanks man.
May 8, 2013
62 posts
26 upvotes
martychan1985 wrote: So just received the black (CGN) modem and still have Rogers white (CODA) running, should I even bother using the black modem or ask for the white one? I see a lot of people on this posting have received the white one, not sure why I received the black one.

Anyone using the black one and is still receiving 300mbs speeds?

I've had the black 1 for a year and get 300mb all the time. I use mine in bridge mode connected through Cat6 cable to a Linksys velop router. The black modem is fine it's just the WiFi that is not the best from that router. Consider investing in a decent router, they cost less than $100 now.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4049 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
I chatted with a Fido rep about the 9GB / $50 minus $10 BYOD cell plan. Apparently that discount is only valid for plans under $50. So YMMV. My plan with Zoomer is pretty good right now, so no big loss.
Mar 1, 2008
169 posts
30 upvotes
martychan1985 wrote: So just received the black (CGN) modem and still have Rogers white (CODA) running, should I even bother using the black modem or ask for the white one? I see a lot of people on this posting have received the white one, not sure why I received the black one.

Anyone using the black one and is still receiving 300mbs speeds?
I am two floors away and connecting via another wifi access point in my network and still getting 290. Didn’t even bridge it so I am using it as main modem and it seems fine.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3252 posts
1653 upvotes
Toronto
Junigenmukyoku wrote: I mean it's a pretty good deal. lol I guess they're just trying get more subscribers with the deal. I'm a bit worried now because I didn't get my email transcript, hope everything goes smoothly. Did the live chat again and the CSR told me it can take from 24-48hrs for the email transcript, kinda weird. It's usually instant from other live chats from my experience.
Most seemed to not get the chat transcript, including me. I even asked for it within the chat. But I've seen this before, so screenshoted everything anyway. Because, as I said much earlier, gift card might become the issue.
Jun 26, 2012
11 posts
1 upvote
beachlover wrote: Most seemed to not get the chat transcript, including me. I even asked for it within the chat. But I've seen this before, so screenshoted everything anyway. Because, as I said much earlier, gift card might become the issue.
I just copied my chat and emailed it to myself. I didn't have confidence that I would receive the chat after the fact as most are sharing here (I did't get it from FIDO so I'm glad I did it). I also wanted it for the gift card should I run into any issues down the road.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)