Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:34 am
Feb 16, 2009
872 posts
62 upvotes
TM!! wrote: I don't see an online chat button on that page. I assume it may be the button directly under the words "Get in touch", however I do not see any writing on the button, and clicking it doesn't do anything. I loaded that link on three different browsers with the same result.

Are you guys all contacting them on Facebook, cuz that's the only online option I see?
Do you use an ad blocker or some add-on/extension that blocks scripts? Or virus scanner/security suite could be blocking it too.
Apr 26, 2019
44 posts
6 upvotes
TM!! wrote: I don't see an online chat button on that page. I assume it may be the button directly under the words "Get in touch", however I do not see any writing on the button, and clicking it doesn't do anything. I loaded that link on three different browsers with the same result.

Are you guys all contacting them on Facebook, cuz that's the only online option I see?
May 7, 2008
94 posts
10 upvotes
No Yo
I only have adblock on one browser.

I think I found it. It was on the first page I linked. It's the rainbow coloured dog button that says "need help" on the bottom right of the screen. That said I'm on hold and waiting for an agent now.

The really weird part is, the live chat popped up on a browser that didn't have adblock, but was still blocking out the live chat square button on the page the other rfd member posted.
Last edited by TM!! on Sep 13th, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 7, 2008
94 posts
10 upvotes
No Yo
LordLetto wrote: Image
Thanks, that confirms it. I can't see that writing on any browser. Very odd.
Apr 26, 2019
44 posts
6 upvotes
Closed from chat I was in & tried again with someone else, $40 fee got credited, then I asked to confirm if the $10/month/$120 credit value will be applied & apparently will be applied to my next invoice so regular $50+tax for 1st bill, $40+tax for the next 12.
Apr 6, 2019
139 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
Just called their number and I was told this is only for students.

I ain't a Fido customer, so I thought it would be available for me too.
Dec 20, 2019
323 posts
786 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
webester wrote: Just called their number and I was told this is only for students.

I signed up twice already for me and my mom. Do it through online chat; its a painless, no questions asked procedure. Why bother calling a number when you can chat and read RF while your waitingSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us-new
Mar 15, 2019
728 posts
880 upvotes
webester wrote: Just called their number and I was told this is only for students.

people here had success without S-ID. scroll back a few pages
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Oct 19, 2006
446 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op got the internet deal first and then call back to get the phone deal as the first Rep won't budge on waiving the $40 setup fee and the $10 discount. So call again using a different number.

Got the modem the next day, and hooked it up. I also the the GNC, way faster than what I paid for and expect.
Apr 6, 2019
139 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
Patrickpete wrote: I signed up twice already for me and my mom. Do it through online chat; its a painless, no questions asked procedure. Why bother calling a number when you can chat and read RF while your waitingSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us-new
GammaRayFort wrote: people here had success without S-ID. scroll back a few pages
Thank you, got the deal via online chat.
It's funny though, different requirements on phone VS online chat
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1108 posts
720 upvotes
Had some time to get the FIDO stuff hooked up today. Called Teksavvy to cancel effective tomorrow, the ladies voice went from happy and chipper to very solemn very quickly lol

Could tell she wanted me off the phone quickly. After 12 years of being a customer and only ever calling customer service like 4 times in those 12 years you'd think I'd get a sorry to see you want to go. Ah well. Super happy Teksavvy won in appeals court earlier this week in their fight vs Bell & Rogers and have now said they will refuse to pay them until they refund their clients. Wonder if i qualify lol...
May 8, 2007
48 posts
1 upvote
MrBigNose wrote: Use a computer, NOT a cell phone to do the speed test
I set the CGN3U modem to bridge mode and connected to an old AirPort Extreme and now getting 200mbps+
Sep 20, 2018
41 posts
123 upvotes
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote: Orleans, Ottawa, Ontario
Walked into Fido store in place d'orleans mall.
Said Hello
"I'm here to inquire about the 150u for $75 month with a $30 discount so it $45 month and it comes with the $150 Amazon or Walmart GC"

Ten minutes later I walk out with new internet and a CGN3U modem.

Did not ask for student ID
I said I was a new customer and had services:
Cellphone with Rogers
Internet with Teksavvy

Thank you RFD.
Did you have any issues connecting the modem for the first time? I'm also moving from TekSavvy but could not get an internet connection via the Easy Connect setup method.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Alt1359, brensavoyton