Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 11:26 pm
Dec 3, 2007
490 posts
338 upvotes
Tried everything after bridging with my ac68u on merlin (gigabit). Swapped cables, updated Win 10 settings, but still only maxing out at 90m with the CODA.
Guess I'll have to try fido to get some support. Was hoping for a trouble free setup (or to at least figure it out myself).
Dec 14, 2012
346 posts
328 upvotes
Ottawa
glib wrote: Tried everything after bridging with my ac68u on merlin (gigabit). Swapped cables, updated Win 10 settings, but still only maxing out at 90m with the CODA.
Guess I'll have to try fido to get some support. Was hoping for a trouble free setup (or to at least figure it out myself).
Are you connecting to 2.4ghz or 5ghz?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3151 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
devilsknight wrote: Called Teksavvy to cancel effective tomorrow, the ladies voice went from happy and chipper to very solemn very quickly lol

Super happy Teksavvy won in appeals court earlier this week in their fight vs Bell & Rogers and have now said they will refuse to pay them ...
Anybody else think this is why Rogers & Bell are offering these deals via Fido & Virgin? Knowing lower pricing was soon gonna become the norm. Maybe if you mentioned you were considering leaving Teksavvy, that the discount could've been more.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3151 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
For those that got the cell phone deal. There's another RFD thread started stating "YMMV - Fido adding 10GB data for free to existing customers".

Maybe you can get that too? If you call and request by Sept 15th.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2037 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone got confirmation emails or shipping notices for weekend orders? TIA.
Sep 11, 2012
233 posts
23 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I got my modem a few days ago and tested it. Getting around 290Mbps through the wired connection. That test was done in the evening during peak periods. Just to note I wanted the modem on the main floor so I tried running a 40ft rg6 cable from basement to main floor but the speed went down to about 200Mbps. I will be leaving the modem in the basement and run a CAT 6 cable instead to my wifi router on the main floor.
Feb 14, 2019
910 posts
876 upvotes
itbrian wrote: I got my modem a few days ago and tested it. Getting around 290Mbps through the wired connection. That test was done in the evening during peak periods. Just to note I wanted the modem on the main floor so I tried running a 40ft rg6 cable from basement to main floor but the speed went down to about 200Mbps. I will be leaving the modem in the basement and run a CAT 6 cable instead to my wifi router on the main floor.
Wow, that big of a difference? I'm looking to do the opposite, move my modem from the main floor to the basement since I want all my networking gear in the workroom rather than my living room. I'll watch out for this, thanks!
Jan 28, 2015
148 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga
What cable/streaming tv could work along with this?
Jan 2, 2007
37 posts
27 upvotes
FYI for anyone still thinking about this offer.
I called this morning to sign up and was informed today's the last day for the offer.
In under the wire...
May 19, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
I signed up on Sept 8 and waited the entire week for modem shipment tracking but did not receive any email. then I called and they said there is a processing delay on their end. so I thought it would be faster if I go to a Fido store and pick up myself. went to Fido store waited in line outside for 20 mins and got disappointed that they don't have any in stock. Called again and changed the order status to have the modem delivered to address again.
Oct 11, 2018
332 posts
372 upvotes
ON
csatlos wrote: FYI for anyone still thinking about this offer.
I called this morning to sign up and was informed today's the last day for the offer.
In under the wire...
Reps said that all the time as we have seen in this thread, simply to get more new clients and earn commissions, which is a fair point tho - they are doing their business
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
87 upvotes
AMAZIN wrote: What cable/streaming tv could work along with this?
Not sure I understand your question, but this should have nothing to do with any cable tv/streaming service you want to use.
150mbps could handle up to 6 4k streams simultaneously from amazon/netflix. IPTV works fine with this too as I've been using it for the last few days.
Feb 14, 2019
910 posts
876 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: All of them.
Do they though? Some like Virgin TV require you to be on their network I believe. I don't have it, but that's what it sounds like from their website.

"Virgin TV requires subscription to an eligible Virgin Internet plan with unlimited usage and speeds of 15 Mbps or higher."
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2868 posts
404 upvotes
Got a scuffed up modem/router with splotches where the originally-white plastic would be brown. Couldn't get it to connect. Their support person couldn't get it to connect either. Off to a great start.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

serjiang