Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 1:21 pm
Oct 6, 2008
262 posts
14 upvotes
For those who have activated the service, was the email for the $150 GC sent out pretty quick or was it what they implied?

You have 30 days to get your services installed. If you don’t install your services within 30 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.

Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your gift card. You can choose ether a physical or electronic gift card.
After you’ve successfully registered for the card, electronic gift cards take 1-2 weeks to arrive. Physical gift cards take 3-4 weeks and will arrive in the mail.
You’ll have 45 days from the day you receive the email to do the registration. If you don’t register within 45 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Be sure to check your junk mail folder to ensure you don’t miss the email.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3256 posts
1657 upvotes
Toronto
csatlos wrote: FYI for anyone still thinking about this offer.
I called this morning to sign up and was informed today's the last day for the offer.
In under the wire...
FYI: been discussed before, possibly on every page.... everyone is told it's the last day....maybe, maybe not.

I'm not suggesting to not sign up asap, just that motives of CSRs to sign you up, are in play here.
Last edited by beachlover on Sep 14th, 2020 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
Majokito wrote: Do they though? Some like Virgin TV require you to be on their network I believe. I don't have it, but that's what it sounds like from their website.

"Virgin TV requires subscription to an eligible Virgin Internet plan with unlimited usage and speeds of 15 Mbps or higher."
Good point. Hadn't thought of these IPTV services offered by Bell/Virgin/VMedia etc. But even with those, the restriction is imposed by the IPTV company. I'm sure Fido internet could run whatever IPTV there is if the IPTV company allowed it.
Nov 15, 2006
548 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
kid_icarus wrote: in your utility room do you see any coaxial cables?

I would suggest just having the agent request a technician to come verify the line or activate the line from outside.
once the agent is there (hopefully you're home) you can bug him.

I live in a 70's home and didn't think i even had a rogers line. but he found it outside and despite it being cut, he was able to hook it up to the box (albeit the wires need to be buried eventually).
once he got that active, i was able to find a "loose" coaxial cable in my utility room.

I asked the tech if i could borrow his little "signal checking device" and i brought it into my house and i was able to verify the loose coaxial i had was the fido/rogers signal.
I checked again this weekend and only saw a thick wire from the Rogers box. I guess it is the main one providing all cable, internet, phone signals from Rogers. There is no “output” cable from the Rogers box.

I guess Fido technicians will need to come and wire something out from the box into my house before I can use Fido internet. Before the pandemic is over I don’t think I can take advantage on any good Fido or Rogers deals.
Jan 2, 2007
37 posts
27 upvotes
beachlover wrote: FYI: been discussed before, possibly on every page.... everyone is told it's the last day....maybe, maybe not.

I'm not suggesting to not sign up asap, just that motives of CSRs to sign you up, are in play here.
Good point. I was planning to sign up today regardless of whether it was the last day, but good to know for others.
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
HellFenix wrote: For those who have activated the service, was the email for the $150 GC sent out pretty quick or was it what they implied?

You have 30 days to get your services installed. If you don’t install your services within 30 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.

Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your gift card. You can choose ether a physical or electronic gift card.
After you’ve successfully registered for the card, electronic gift cards take 1-2 weeks to arrive. Physical gift cards take 3-4 weeks and will arrive in the mail.
You’ll have 45 days from the day you receive the email to do the registration. If you don’t register within 45 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Be sure to check your junk mail folder to ensure you don’t miss the email.
Haven't seen any emails about the gift card yet, but received the same info in live chat. I guess we'll have to wait the 6-8 weeks for the gift card email to show up.
Sep 20, 2018
41 posts
123 upvotes
Smythical wrote: Did you have any issues connecting the modem for the first time? I'm also moving from TekSavvy but could not get an internet connection via the Easy Connect setup method.
Update - plugged it in this morning and it connected within a few minutes (first 4 lights of the modem need to be on and solid). Seems like it just took a couple days for them to activate the service on the back end.
Oct 5, 2008
213 posts
78 upvotes
North York
Just received and installed my new Fido Wifi

Any reason why my speedtests are so subpar? Do I need to get another wifi external plug to increase the signal?

Speedtest gave me 66.98 Mbps download and 16.36 Mbps upload
Google Internet speed test gave me 43.7 Mbps download and 15.3 Mbps upload

(Carrytel 75 in contrast gave me 46.99 Mbps download and 10.00 Mbps upload with speedtest, and 59 Mbps download and 9.72 Mbps upload with google)
Nov 27, 2016
9 posts
4 upvotes
London
andrew4321 wrote: Has anyone got confirmation emails or shipping notices for weekend orders? TIA.
I have not received anything from them besides my account information, which when loaded does not show my services. I ordered through live chat on 09-12-20.

Chris
Nov 3, 2010
187 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
call any cable guy, or buy the cable crimping tools and install the cable , then opt for self install and hook up the modem, you dont need the box
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34466 posts
20489 upvotes
Center of Universe
FatherOfJohanna wrote: Just received and installed my new Fido Wifi

Any reason why my speedtests are so subpar? Do I need to get another wifi external plug to increase the signal?

Speedtest gave me 66.98 Mbps download and 16.36 Mbps upload
Google Internet speed test gave me 43.7 Mbps download and 15.3 Mbps upload

(Carrytel 75 in contrast gave me 46.99 Mbps download and 10.00 Mbps upload with speedtest, and 59 Mbps download and 9.72 Mbps upload with google)
Get yourself a dedicated WiFi router.
Jan 17, 2017
170 posts
84 upvotes
I get the same. Try Fast.com or Rogers Test or Bell Test, showing 300mbps. Fido rep says Google/Speedtest is not showing actual speed.

Not sure which one to believe though.
Oct 5, 2008
213 posts
78 upvotes
North York
Now that it's later in the day, just re-tested speeds and it's shot up to 150 Mbps!

Also switching over to 5G made it faster too (which should have been obvious to me...but it wasn't)

Maybe it was just a blip in the morning , but won't get a dedicated Wi-Fi router just yet as I don't know what difference WiFi 6 would make if any
Apr 22, 2003
171 posts
23 upvotes
RHSChris wrote: I have not received anything from them besides my account information, which when loaded does not show my services. I ordered through live chat on 09-12-20.

Chris
I ordered through chat on Sept 12 also. I got my account setup and order confirmation email the same day. But no email with tracking number as of today.

Quote from the person I chatted with:
"It can take between 2-3 business days, max 5 days to receive your order, you should receive a confirmation by email in the next 24 hours also a tracking number in the next couple of days."

So probably give it a few more days.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

11stealthy11, bobbyg9, monkeycooties