Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 7:30 pm
Feb 18, 2013
143 posts
103 upvotes
Ottawa
I really wanted both the internet and mobile discount offers. I used the chat, "inquiring" about the bundled deal (listing the details from the OP).

Got the bundle, exactly as how the OP described it. Took about 50 minutes start to finish as the chat had several pauses. Got the e-mail transcript within the hour. Everything looks good, including the part about the gift card.

Had to pay the $40 activation charge, didn't try to fight it, was happy with the deal to start with and didn't want to rock the boat. :)

Thank you OP and to all who posted their data points.
Nov 7, 2018
103 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Smythical wrote:
Did you have any issues connecting the modem for the first time? I'm also moving from TekSavvy but could not get an internet connection via the Easy Connect setup method.

You might have to disconnect/ cancel your teksavvy service first.

I have my own router so i had to call fido tech services and have them bridge the modem and my router. After ten minutes everything was working perfectly.
Images
  • 20200914_160203.jpg
Sep 20, 2018
39 posts
122 upvotes
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote: You might have to disconnect/ cancel your teksavvy service first.

I have my own router so i had to call fido tech services and have them bridge the modem and my router. After ten minutes everything was working perfectly.
Actually, I went to plug it in this morning, expecting to have to call tech support, but it connected no problem and I successfully bridged to my router. I'm assuming that the service just hadn't been activated by Fido when the modem first arrived on Friday.

FYI - didn't need to cancel TeKSavvy first. Had Fido up and running before I called TekSavvy to cancel.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2129 posts
1557 upvotes
Ottawa
ankysrulz wrote: any existing member able to get this deal?
I received the $25 discount off 75mbps (I.e., $40/month for 12 months), but no gift card.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Dec 20, 2019
229 posts
433 upvotes
Finally hooked up my internet; why am I getting 300 Mbps? Anyone else having this "problem"? Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Patrickpete on Sep 14th, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 19, 2018
765 posts
535 upvotes
Just chatted online with Fido rep. He mentioned there's a $40 activation fee for the home internet deal? Did anyone get this waived? If yes, then how?
Dec 20, 2019
229 posts
433 upvotes
bobohobo2kx wrote: Just chatted online with Fido rep. He mentioned there's a $40 activation fee for this deal? Did anyone get this waived? If yes, then how?
Tell them your friend got it waived and ask for the same. Make sure you get it in writing; that's what I did. If not successful, try again. I have never been charged setup fee from the big 3 or their branches for internet. Waiving that fee is usually one of the incentives they offer you.
Sep 15, 2004
307 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I am on carrytel on $45 for 100/10 plan and thinking of switching over. Anyone switch over to 150 plan?
Nov 21, 2015
570 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
LondonAwaits wrote: I am on carrytel on $45 for 100/10 plan and thinking of switching over. Anyone switch over to 150 plan?
Why's that even a question? Many users, including me have switched over from Carrytel to Fido. Carrytel will refund you your unused days and if you rented out their modem, you should be able to get your modem deposit back. I was on 75/10 with Carrytel paying $44.99 and now switched to this Fido deal.. plus you're getting a $150 gift card, contract-free.
Jan 19, 2018
765 posts
535 upvotes
How does the easy self-install work? Do they provide the coaxial cable for connecting the modem to the coaxial wall socket or just the power cord for modem?
Sep 23, 2018
157 posts
95 upvotes
cappaj wrote: I received the $25 discount off 75mbps (I.e., $40/month for 12 months), but no gift card.
nothing for me. :(
Feb 4, 2016
93 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax, ON
bobohobo2kx wrote: How does the easy self-install work? Do they provide the coaxial cable for connecting the modem to the coaxial wall socket or just the power cord for modem?
They provide both.

Thread Information

There are currently 18 users viewing this thread. (11 members and 7 guests)

iceman2015, laoreu, RedFlagCrake, LordLetto, ioak94, jason.lqs, nezura, Orpheus, ggs, jasonz89, dairymandip