Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 5:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6465 posts
2816 upvotes
Bastards gave me the crappy modem. Wouldnt budge on that.
Jan 29, 2003
238 posts
22 upvotes
badOne wrote: Bastards gave me the crappy modem. Wouldnt budge on that.
badOne...lol...they probably saw your name so they gave you bad one.
Feb 4, 2018
92 posts
69 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: NVM: figured it out, once in bridge mode, need to access router via 192.168.100.1 instead. all good!
Weird, this address doesn't work for me.
Can anyone else with CODA in bridge mode please confirm if they can access it using 192.168.100.1?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1228 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
aghuman01 wrote: Weird, this address doesn't work for me.
Can anyone else with CODA in bridge mode please confirm if they can access it using 192.168.100.1?
Darn that's odd.

It should but I'm no expert I must profess.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1920 posts
79 upvotes
I used to have a CODA modem when I was with Rogers - it used to put out two SSID's - one for 2.4G and the other for 5GHz.

The CODA I got from FIDO doesnt do that anymore - I just see one SSID and I cant figure out how to force it to put out both SSID's as before.
Dec 17, 2019
43 posts
42 upvotes
Ordered on Sept 12 received today Cgn3u modem. Both 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz are on. Is it possible to deactivate 2.5 GHz one? Does it affect anything? Normally using 5 Ghz...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6465 posts
2816 upvotes
Gommes wrote: Ordered on Sept 12 received today Cgn3u modem. Both 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz are on. Is it possible to deactivate 2.5 GHz one? Does it affect anything? Normally using 5 Ghz...
yes, go to the wireless tab on top and go through the items. The bands are distinct from each other
Sep 11, 2012
233 posts
23 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Majokito wrote: Wow, that big of a difference? I'm looking to do the opposite, move my modem from the main floor to the basement since I want all my networking gear in the workroom rather than my living room. I'll watch out for this, thanks!
Makes a big difference to keep the modem in the basement and use your wireless router on the main floor connected via the cat 6 cable. Getting 300Mbps on the 5Ghz wireless using my tplink router.

Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2809 posts
1332 upvotes
comrademarx wrote: I signed up for this plan last week and Fido sent the modem 2 days ago. so far, my experience has not been great to say the least and I have not gotten anywhere near the advertised speed of 150mbs so I called Fido and they sent a technician today to see what they could do to fix it. while my speeds now are higher than before, I still can only manage to get 90mbs and I'm still getting disconnected every few hours and a few of the rooms upstairs are still having the same problems as before. for reference, the modem model I have is the CGN3U and its setup in the living room. I was hoping to get some feedback from people here on what next steps I should be looking to take to solve this
Gomobile2018 wrote: I signed up for this plan last week and I received the modem 2 days ago. my experience so far has not been great to say the least and I was nowhere close when it came to hitting the advertised 150mbs so I called Fido and they sent a technician today to check out what is going on and hopefully fix it. Since then, I've seen an increase in speeds but it is still not close to the advertised speed and certain rooms upstairs in my house are still having major problems. for reference, the modem model I was sent is the CGN3U and the modem itself is located in the living room on the main floor. I was messaging here to see what possible next steps/solutions I have to fix this problem of mine.
Having an identity crisis?
Loose lips sink ships. | Her Majesty's Naval Service
Feb 4, 2016
91 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Got the modem and tried setting it up and wasn't working. Followed all instructions and ended up having to talk to fido chat to get some support. Apparently have to activate the coax outlet upstairs to use it, need to wait on a tech. For whatever reason I thought you could run multiple modems in one house lol.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33676 posts
19470 upvotes
Ottawa
DarkThugJack wrote: Got the modem and tried setting it up and wasn't working. Followed all instructions and ended up having to talk to fido chat to get some support. Apparently have to activate the coax outlet upstairs to use it, need to wait on a tech. For whatever reason I thought you could run multiple modems in one house lol.
You can.
I've done with it with Rogers/Carytel and Rogers/Ebox.

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 4 guests)

sunbat, PeterP62717, sniper_, Sandman, jam4413, PR0BLEMZ, mqc1986, Cnsultnt