Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 4:18 pm
Oct 7, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
elusivest wrote: I wonder if anyone could answer my question.
I called Rogers and set a cancellation date for end of October when my present promotion ends. The Rogers "ambasador" called me back within one hour and offered basically nothing so I refused their offer. Unfortunately I had no better path but to go after Rogers sibling Fido.
The other day I got the Fido 150u deal and the modem is in it's way, probably by the end of the week. Once I install Fido, I don't need Rogers and I wonder if I can end Rogers service after I return to them the modem or I'm stuck and pay tyem till the end of October ?
Thanks in advance.
I worked for Rogers up until 2 years ago. At the time, you could cancel the same day. Your billing would stop the day you return your modem to a rogers store. I am assuming it is still the same thing.
Nov 18, 2010
23 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Was there a $40 setup fee?
The live agent said "The modem rental is included, no activation or installation fees"
The $40 fee was for the mobile account setup. I had to port my number from Rogers.
Sep 1, 2006
376 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal! Swapped from Carrytel to Fido. Less than 10mins via live chat.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1144 posts
359 upvotes
GTA
RameezM43570 wrote: I worked for Rogers up until 2 years ago. At the time, you could cancel the same day. Your billing would stop the day you return your modem to a rogers store. I am assuming it is still the same thing.
Do you know if we can return modems to Rogers at this time? I heard that Rogers stores do not accept modem returns. The only option is to mail it back to Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7160 posts
3433 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
lovethesales wrote: Anyone else have service issues? Ours keeps dropping.
Did you check the log file from modem? Is it T3 or t4 timeout? Does the linked light on the medem turned off when it drop? Or it still shows connected?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Oct 7, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
spyhero wrote: Do you know if we can return modems to Rogers at this time? I heard that Rogers stores do not accept modem returns. The only option is to mail it back to Rogers.
Yes just confirmed with a former colleague working at a store.
When you call to cancel, they will ask if you want to ship it or return it in store.
Oct 17, 2007
268 posts
455 upvotes
3rd Rock
spyhero wrote: Do you know if we can return modems to Rogers at this time? I heard that Rogers stores do not accept modem returns. The only option is to mail it back to Rogers.
Can return to store. Don't need to pack it in box, you have to take any packaging with you when you leave . At the store, they just scan the bar code then ask you to put only the modem and power supply in 2 big boxes in the store. They wouldn't touch it themselves.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1144 posts
359 upvotes
GTA
UWOD2020 wrote: Very unstable internet in Kitchener/Waterloo area last 2 days
lovethesales wrote: Anyone else have service issues? Ours keeps dropping.
Are you guys using wired or wireless connection? If you are using the modem's built-in wifi, then I would strongly suggest you to put the modem on bridge mode and use your own router.
Mar 12, 2016
767 posts
1045 upvotes
spyhero wrote: Are you guys using wired or wireless connection? If you are using the modem's built-in wifi, then I would strongly suggest you to put the modem on bridge mode and use your own router.
Unstable internet, not unstable wifi
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1645 posts
231 upvotes
A fido kiosk didn't accept mine. Just walked into to Canada post in same mall and shipped it back to them. When you tell them you want to ship it back they will provide a Canada post return account # for you to quote and it is free of charge to you.
Sep 30, 2011
84 posts
50 upvotes
Got the deal on Sunday, today I received the modem in mail (the back one), took about 1-2 minutes to set it up, all good. Wired I get about 85bms download, 20up, wireless a little over 40mbs. With Rogers 500u I was getting the same wireless download speed, in 40's, upload was slightly better, was getting aprox 20mbs, now is about 15mbs. If it stays like this, no complains here.
Now I need to return the Rogers modem, I hope it will go ok. Worst case I let them charge me another month of service, I just don't want to see their logo on my bills anymore even if Fido is basically them.
Sep 22, 2020
169 posts
217 upvotes
Using a wired connection and only getting max of 100 instead of 150 in L6B (Markham) area. It’s definitely slower than expected. Will wait until tomorrow before giving a call to fido
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1144 posts
359 upvotes
GTA
Internetsurfer wrote: Using a wired connection and only getting max of 100 instead of 150 in L6B (Markham) area. It’s definitely slower than expected. Will wait until tomorrow before giving a call to fido
Check your ethernet cables. Cat 5 ethernet cable can only go up to 100 Mbps. Make sure your ehternet cables are at least Cat 5e.
May 1, 2013
635 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
UWOD2020 wrote: Very unstable internet in Kitchener/Waterloo area last 2 days
Great!!! just what I want to hear. What have you been experiencing? I work from home so I can't afford any unstable internet.
Dec 3, 2007
571 posts
393 upvotes
UWOD2020 wrote: Unstable internet, not unstable wifi
I had some recommendations that worked for me, but I'm only connected via wifi, so wouldn't help.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7160 posts
3433 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Got my modem today. Did some testing.
I disabled the gateway mode, not just the wifi and connect my laptop directly to the modem.
Tested with speedtest.net
down is 300mb and up is 16mb
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1167 posts
328 upvotes
Ferocious12 wrote: Great!!! just what I want to hear. What have you been experiencing? I work from home so I can't afford any unstable internet.
I’m in KW as well, and its not the greatest.
Lots of spikes. From 130mb to 30. Just did a speedtest, wireless @ 117mb. Would be more than happy if it was consistent.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3855 posts
1260 upvotes
Toronto
yesterday did some more testing.... getting 340 mbps down. Absolutely fantastic
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4226 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered on Sep 6 and used it on Sep 9th, haven’t received my first bill yet, anyone else having same issue? Since prime day is coming soon, just want to receive my Amazon GC in time. Should I call fido?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mike613ottawa