Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 3:32 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
15080 posts
3850 upvotes
Markham
DarkThugJack wrote: Got the modem and tried setting it up and wasn't working. Followed all instructions and ended up having to talk to fido chat to get some support. Apparently have to activate the coax outlet upstairs to use it, need to wait on a tech. For whatever reason I thought you could run multiple modems in one house lol.
If that is the same outlet you were using. Then they just need to authorize the modem.
If not same outlet. Then probably not connected.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 20, 2005
2461 posts
1711 upvotes
The online agent told me they run out the modern in the Fido store, they will courier it to me.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
1449 posts
180 upvotes
Anyone knows if the $40 cell phone deal is still valid?
Sr. Member
May 19, 2009
623 posts
886 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone tried booking the plan for a future date? My current Shaw plan doesn't end until Nov 1 so curious if I can still take advantage of this. Thanks!
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2005
503 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
I received my new modem within 3 days (it's a Hitron modem) but that device sounds like it's already broken before I even plugged it in. I could hear something is falling apart inside when I turn the modem upside down. Going to chat with the Fido rep and have them to ship me another one.
Newbie
Jul 21, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
I have Rogers internet now. Does Rogers cancel automatically when I active Fido Internet? They use the same network. My Rogers internet cancellation date is later in Sept. if I receive my Fido modem earlier, does it mean Rogers internet will be cancelled once I setup modem with Fido?
Member
Mar 11, 2013
489 posts
507 upvotes
Brampton
moonlight20 wrote: I have Rogers internet now. Does Rogers cancel automatically when I active Fido Internet? They use the same network. My Rogers internet cancellation date is later in Sept. if I receive my Fido modem earlier, does it mean Rogers internet will be cancelled once I setup modem with Fido?
You need to call in to cancel. It's immediate cancellation thought. So, hook in your fido internet before calling Rogers.
Newbie
May 19, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
How is DOCSIS 3.0 GATEWAY modem? Fido shipped me that. I should receive it today.
Jr. Member
Dec 20, 2019
139 posts
248 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote: Has anyone tried booking the plan for a future date? My current Shaw plan doesn't end until Nov 1 so curious if I can still take advantage of this. Thanks!
Fido doesn't do future book setup; I'm assuming that's to prevent people from waiting for rentation/winback.
Newbie
Jul 21, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
I already called Rogers to cancel on Sept 30 before calling Fido. Rogers didn’t give me any retention offer, so I called Fido yesterday. Rogers said I cannot change my cancellation date. I am not sure what to happen if I setup Fido before Sept 30. It is the same line I suppose.
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
354 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
moonlight20 wrote: I already called Rogers to cancel on Sept 30 before calling Fido. Rogers didn’t give me any retention offer, so I called Fido yesterday. Rogers said I cannot change my cancellation date. I am not sure what to happen if I setup Fido before Sept 30. It is the same line I suppose.
Cancel Rogers line once Fido is working; you don't have to wait for the 30th.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6465 posts
2816 upvotes
moonlight20 wrote: I already called Rogers to cancel on Sept 30 before calling Fido. Rogers didn’t give me any retention offer, so I called Fido yesterday. Rogers said I cannot change my cancellation date. I am not sure what to happen if I setup Fido before Sept 30. It is the same line I suppose.
since it is cable internet, you can literally have both rogers or teksavvy (cable) or fido working on same line, but only 1 modem plugged in at any one time. There is no problem. Feel free to make sure fido is working 100% before cancelling rogers on same day or day after. You will get a prorated refund on your rogers internet for cancelling early on a non-contract account.
Newbie
Jul 21, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks. You guys are much better than the Rogers, Fido support!

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

PeterP62717, gg22, StephenLow