Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 12:35 am
Newbie
Feb 24, 2018
23 posts
6 upvotes
I got the same experience. Getting 270 Mbps for couple hours then disconnected, and the modem restart itself . Here is it goes:

- Currently with Rogers
- Received CODA modem 2 days after signed up, hooked up got about 270Mbps
- after couples hour... modem acting weird, reboot every 5-10 mins
- call fido, tech came -> "nothing wrong" -> call central to reset my profile
- gave me the CGN3U modem cuz the running out of CODA
- work for 5-6 hours....same shit.....
- second tech came -> "nothing wrong" -> call central to reset my profile
- work more than a days now, finger crossed ....
- it's it work 1 more day... I will call Rogers to cancel

thanks OP
Newbie
Jan 25, 2009
4 posts
Markham
Same thing happening to me. I received my modem yesterday (CGN3U) everything was working fine until today. My connection has been dropping in and out with modem resetting. You guys think my modem is defective??
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
3870 posts
2374 upvotes
Toronto
dongta wrote: I got the same experience. Getting 270 Mbps for couple hours then disconnected, and the modem restart itself . Here is it goes:

- Currently with Rogers
- Received CODA modem 2 days after signed up, hooked up got about 270Mbps
- after couples hour... modem acting weird, reboot every 5-10 mins
- call fido, tech came -> "nothing wrong" -> call central to reset my profile
- gave me the CGN3U modem cuz the running out of CODA
- work for 5-6 hours....same shit.....
- second tech came -> "nothing wrong" -> call central to reset my profile
- work more than a days now, finger crossed ....
- it's it work 1 more day... I will call Rogers to cancel

thanks OP
Keep the CODA if you can

Sounds like a signal or cabling issue if both modems are faulty
Newbie
Feb 24, 2018
23 posts
6 upvotes
the CODA is much better signal, but ..they disable it already I have to stuck with the CGN3U one :(
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2011
119 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
duraikmurugan wrote: You need to call in to cancel. It's immediate cancellation thought. So, hook in your fido internet before calling Rogers.
so I am on the chat with Rogers to cancel my service, they told me it will have to cancelled till my billing date? That's not what the last rep told me, he said it can be immediate

soooo frustrating
Sr. Member
Mar 11, 2013
571 posts
587 upvotes
Brampton
girl9394 wrote: so I am on the chat with Rogers to cancel my service, they told me it will have to cancelled till my billing date? That's not what the last rep told me, he said it can be immediate

soooo frustrating
That is not true. I called in yesterday and cancelled. It was immediate.
Try again. Another agent might get it done.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1229 posts
414 upvotes
dongta wrote: the CODA is much better signal, but ..they disable it already I have to stuck with the CGN3U one :(
You should ditch the router/wifi function on both the CODA and CGN3U. These units can do double duty if you have a couple of devices, any more and performance suffers greatly.

Do yourself a favor, buy a router and use the CODA/CGN3U in bridge mode, let your router do the routing of the internet.
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2011
119 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
What do you guys do for TV, my TV service with Rogers went from $50 to $70 after I cancelled the internet with them...........
Newbie
May 19, 2008
66 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I cancelled my current internet service with fido under my name, and signed up under a family member to get on this deal.

Had the CODA modem so far, but they sent me CGN3U model for the new account. Do I have to return the CODA and use the CGN3 (which is inferior)? Are modems provisioned by Serial Number? Would they let me keep the CODA and give back the CGN3U?
Member
Oct 15, 2017
422 posts
295 upvotes
Canada
Called Fido yesterday, and they said my place is not wired, so they need to send a technician out to setup the wiring. The wait is more than 30 days for a tech. I've had both Bell DSL and Teksavvy Cable internet currently, how can my place not be wired? Doesn't Teksavvy use the same cable internet?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2005
3522 posts
940 upvotes
Ottawa
ahson wrote: I received my new modem within 3 days (it's a Hitron modem) but that device sounds like it's already broken before I even plugged it in. I could hear something is falling apart inside when I turn the modem upside down. Going to chat with the Fido rep and have them to ship me another one.
I received my modem today as well and something inside sounds broken when I flip the modem upside down. The coaxial input was bent and the front of the unit has a lot of scratches. Is Fido sending you a new one?. Sounds like many people are receiving returns based on the popularity of this deal
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
173 posts
98 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote: Called Fido yesterday, and they said my place is not wired, so they need to send a technician out to setup the wiring. The wait is more than 30 days for a tech. I've had both Bell DSL and Teksavvy Cable internet currently, how can my place not be wired? Doesn't Teksavvy use the same cable internet?
Fido is roger's baby so they need to have roger's cabling.
In my case, I am using Fido right now and wanted to get it under my wife's name(they wont give me this promo. another BS)
They said they need to send tech to do install and right now they are not sending any tech so no service at my add.
I told I have service already so why would it not work if I plug new modem in. The rep starting throwing garbage reasoning like if the previous connection was pre covid, they need to send technician now.

Full BS. Thats the BS they gave me.
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2008
452 posts
119 upvotes
ankysrulz wrote: Fido is roger's baby so they need to have roger's cabling.
In my case, I am using Fido right now and wanted to get it under my wife's name(they wont give me this promo. another BS)
They said they need to send tech to do install and right now they are not sending any tech so no service at my add.
I told I have service already so why would it not work if I plug new modem in. The rep starting throwing garbage reasoning like if the previous connection was pre covid, they need to send technician now.

Full BS. Thats the BS they gave me.
I was given similar BS too. So what you need to do is just go on LiveChat, and just sign up as if you aren't in the picture... no mention of you whatsoever.

Basically keep trying different live reps until they would give you the promotion. My current non-promo plan is under my name, and I got my brother to use live-chat to sign up for this promo.

The modem came to my door yesterday, and all I need to do now is cancel the existing non-promo plan under my name... and use my brother's new modem!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)