Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 3:32 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1229 posts
127 upvotes
I'm getting the docsis 3.0 does the modem really matter if you are just going to bridge anyways?
Dec 10, 2012
252 posts
124 upvotes
GTA
Finally got them to set it up but after the chat have not received the chat transcript or confirmation. Hopefully it will come through later today. Thanks OP
Jan 25, 2009
4 posts
Markham
chadw01 wrote: For those who are having problems with the CGN, are you in bridging mode? If you have a gigabit router, you should use that for FW and wifi instead:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... emode-cgn3
Yeah, i have my modem bridge with a TP Link Archer C7. Just gonna wait couple of more days and see if connections still drops before I contact Fido for tech support.
Sep 23, 2018
133 posts
88 upvotes
erichau wrote: I was given similar BS too. So what you need to do is just go on LiveChat, and just sign up as if you aren't in the picture... no mention of you whatsoever.

Basically keep trying different live reps until they would give you the promotion. My current non-promo plan is under my name, and I got my brother to use live-chat to sign up for this promo.

The modem came to my door yesterday, and all I need to do now is cancel the existing non-promo plan under my name... and use my brother's new modem!
No go for me. Tried 3-4 reps and same story. When I tell them previous owner had fido at same address, the pre/post coved story starts.
Nov 14, 2003
354 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_A wrote: I was with Carrytel. Ordered this from Fido and got the CGN3U modem today.

Do I just plug in the Fido modem and my Carrytel service will end or do I actually need to call Carrytel first to cancel?

Much appreciated.
First plug in Fido and get it working, then call Carrytel.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4116 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_A wrote: I was with Carrytel. Ordered this from Fido and got the CGN3U modem today.

Do I just plug in the Fido modem and my Carrytel service will end or do I actually need to call Carrytel first to cancel?

Much appreciated.
Call to cancel.
Jan 28, 2015
146 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga
girl9394 wrote: What do you guys do for TV, my TV service with Rogers went from $50 to $70 after I cancelled the internet with them...........
Looking for this answer as well

Bell and Rogers both denied me saying you need to be on their internet to have cable tv work
Jul 21, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
Does account detail show any discount? I saw 150u unlimited for $75, but didn’t see any discount noted on the account.
Feb 4, 2018
92 posts
69 upvotes
AMAZIN wrote: Looking for this answer as well

Bell and Rogers both denied me saying you need to be on their internet to have cable tv work
Definitely not true for Rogers. I have Rogers cable without their internet.
Jan 29, 2003
238 posts
22 upvotes

Much appreciated.
Connect your new modem, test and make sure everything works well for couple days then call carrytel to cancel. If something is wrong with new modem, you can always connect your carrytel modem back, should work fine.
Jan 29, 2003
238 posts
22 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote: Called Fido yesterday, and they said my place is not wired, so they need to send a technician out to setup the wiring. The wait is more than 30 days for a tech. I've had both Bell DSL and Teksavvy Cable internet currently, how can my place not be wired? Doesn't Teksavvy use the same cable internet?
That is so bs, we just connect new modem and the way it goes. Dont see what they have to do when the line is already in place. Carrytel, teksavvy it's all Roger's line.
Jul 5, 2007
261 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered on the 15th and received modem today. It's the hiltron but getting 300 up 16 down and with vpn i drop down to 250 down and 15 up which is still pretty good. Hopefully i don't get any dropped connnections but will test for a couple of days before i cancel carrytel.
Jan 29, 2003
238 posts
22 upvotes
AMAZIN wrote: Looking for this answer as well

Iptv is the answer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9427 posts
2860 upvotes
aghuman01 wrote: Definitely not true for Rogers. I have Rogers cable without their internet.
Maybe grandfathered. I know in Ajax for any new installs you have to have Internet and cable together, Ignite TV.
I am happy with my internet, iptv for television and ooma for phone.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Sep 16th, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2871 posts
817 upvotes
Ottawa
Spoke with 2 agents in Live Chat to place the order and they say that my house is unwired for Rogers (which it is), and they're currently not sending out any agents.

Meanwhile tech services says outdoor activation is an option Crying Face

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 3 guests)

Navon01, peclet, boon1, AP1, Bakarou, jaayLO