Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 6:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3502 posts
897 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know how receiving the gift card works?. It was in the original offer but I see no mention of it anywhere on the account. It says we could choose between digital and physical cards but I haven't received that choice
Nov 8, 2005
503 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
shadow_cruiser wrote: I received my modem today as well and something inside sounds broken when I flip the modem upside down. The coaxial input was bent and the front of the unit has a lot of scratches. Is Fido sending you a new one?. Sounds like many people are receiving returns based on the popularity of this deal
Mine is definitely a refurbished modem. Looks pretty beat up.
Dec 14, 2012
340 posts
324 upvotes
Ottawa
kooblu wrote: That is so bs, we just connect new modem and the way it goes. Dont see what they have to do when the line is already in place. Carrytel, teksavvy it's all Roger's line.
That is also the case of my friend.
I am guessing that, although you have cable internet at your home, but that might not a high speed one? You need some hardware upgrade to your neighborhood or your house?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1224 posts
125 upvotes
ahson wrote: Mine is definitely a refurbished modem. Looks pretty beat up.

yep same with mine alot of scratches etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1224 posts
125 upvotes
shadow_cruiser wrote: Anyone know how receiving the gift card works?. It was in the original offer but I see no mention of it anywhere on the account. It says we could choose between digital and physical cards but I haven't received that choice
I was told you will get it sent to your email on file after a few months.
Oct 19, 2013
320 posts
51 upvotes
I have Rogers right now and fiber is converted to coax in the home.

Would this be a simple swap of modems without needing an installer come into the house?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1224 posts
125 upvotes
w3ssisback wrote: I have Rogers right now and fiber is converted to coax in the home.

Would this be a simple swap of modems without needing an installer come into the house?
Yup that's exactly what I did today. Just unplugged the rogers modem and plugged in the fido modem. Went online and bridged and voila. Whole process was a few minutes.
Nov 20, 2012
293 posts
178 upvotes
OTTAWA
mine couldnt connect right out of the box, i waited a day then tried easyconnect again and it fired right up
think i read this happened to someone else in the thread
Nov 28, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
If anyone else is experiencing random disconnects with their Wi-Fi, then try moving your router to a different spot in the room, away from all your other wireless stuff. Fixed my problem entirely lol
Oct 10, 2009
131 posts
23 upvotes
Hamilton
Akitakara wrote: Spoke with 2 agents in Live Chat to place the order and they say that my house is unwired for Rogers (which it is), and they're currently not sending out any agents.

Meanwhile tech services says outdoor activation is an option Crying Face
Spoke with 2 agents on live chat myself today. First one did not mention anything about requiring a tech and cabling but I had to leave so couldn't finish the order. Opened live chat again when I got home and the second rep told me a tech needs to be sent to my home for new cabling and it's $49.99. I asked the rep to confirm because the previous rep didn't mention it and I'm currently with Rogers which I thought was weird if I needed new cabling.

The rep checked and told me my address has two listing, one with the "St" in it and one without and one shows it needed new cabling and the other didn't need it lol... Told them to just use the address that shows no cabling is needed cause I don't want to pay that fee. Then the rep tells me there's a match on my ID with Rogers and now I have to wait 48 hours for them to "merge" my Rogers account with Fido's systems and the order will be fulfilled. So ya... they are sending out techs as late as 5PM today when I spoke with them.
Dec 2, 2019
15 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks to last year's Black Friday 50% off deal, my current bill is $32.50 for 75u, and I find that speed to be blazing. Is there an unadvertised 75u portion to this deal? Gotta renew soonish anyway.
Jun 24, 2016
296 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Akitakara wrote: Spoke with 2 agents in Live Chat to place the order and they say that my house is unwired for Rogers (which it is), and they're currently not sending out any agents.

Meanwhile tech services says outdoor activation is an option Crying Face
Hmm, my home wasn't have roger connection. They sent the technician in less than 2 days after i got this deal and he wired the connection all the way to the room i preferred.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2871 posts
817 upvotes
Ottawa
Usher9387 wrote: Hmm, my home wasn't have roger connection. They sent the technician in less than 2 days after i got this deal and he wired the connection all the way to the room i preferred.
Sweet! That's excellent to know that they actually are doing that.
Guess I'll be persistent and keep trying until I get an agent willing to place the order anyways. Thank you!

Cyclic wrote: Spoke with 2 agents on live chat myself today. First one did not mention anything about requiring a tech and cabling but I had to leave so couldn't finish the order. Opened live chat again when I got home and the second rep told me a tech needs to be sent to my home for new cabling and it's $49.99. I asked the rep to confirm because the previous rep didn't mention it and I'm currently with Rogers which I thought was weird if I needed new cabling.

The rep checked and told me my address has two listing, one with the "St" in it and one without and one shows it needed new cabling and the other didn't need it lol... Told them to just use the address that shows no cabling is needed cause I don't want to pay that fee. Then the rep tells me there's a match on my ID with Rogers and now I have to wait 48 hours for them to "merge" my Rogers account with Fido's systems and the order will be fulfilled. So ya... they are sending out techs as late as 5PM today when I spoke with them.
That is honestly hilarious that they have your address both with and without the "St" portion, and yet the agent didn't even realize that's the same lol

But thanks for the confirmation that they are in fact sending out techs :)
Sep 4, 2010
43 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the deal in store with no problem and they said it was activated right away. I've tried two other CODA modems from friends, and neither one can sync at home (endless flashing green down arrow). I used to have cable internet with Carrytel, until I switched to VDSL for the past year.

Is it possible that when I cancelled my Carrytel cable internet a year ago, they physically unscrewed the coax in the panel in the garage, so I have a dead cable line? (I live in an apartment building and all the coax connections are in the garage.) If so, I would just need a tech with access to "rescrew" the coax labeled to my apartment (easy peasy, no entry required).

My ultimate question - will Fido hold off on service billing (or give me a credit), until I can get sync on a modem on my line? Also, what about the clause where you have 30 days to activate the service for the $150 gift card offer? At least that how I read it.

"Eligible customers have 45 days from the date the invitation email is received to register and activate their services to redeem the offer. If an eligible customer cancels their internet service within 30 days of activating it, they will no longer be eligible to receive the Amazon.ca Gift Card."
Dec 17, 2019
43 posts
42 upvotes
Do you think it will be possible to cancel after getting gift cards? Just in case, don't wanna miss black Friday deals on home internet..

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Tony98, hprockets