Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:23 pm
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
157 posts
95 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: Sweet! That's excellent to know that they actually are doing that.
Guess I'll be persistent and keep trying until I get an agent willing to place the order anyways. Thank you!




That is honestly hilarious that they have your address both with and without the "St" portion, and yet the agent didn't even realize that's the same lol

But thanks for the confirmation that they are in fact sending out techs :)

To me they said they are not sending any technicians right now. Full on crap from Fido.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3781 posts
1172 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP for this deal.

Ended up switching from rogers gigabit after they jacked my $60 plan to $90 and their winback team weren't interested in keeping my business.

If others are truly getting near 300 on this 150 plan. It's a huge win. 300 should be more than enough for home use. And that's coming from a heavy downloader and streamer. I don't think I've ever truly saturated my gigabit line speed anyways.
Newbie
May 19, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
I got my modem yesterday. Installation was very easy. I kept the same Wi-Fi network name and password and automatically all my devices connected to the new network. getting same speed as Rogers.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 18, 2008
2887 posts
845 upvotes
Ottawa
ankysrulz wrote: To me they said they are not sending any technicians right now. Full on crap from Fido.
If you don't mind me asking, what city are you located in?

I noticed the other 2 posters were in the GTHA, and I wonder if that's why I got a diff respons from the agents
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
87 upvotes
Repooc wrote: Thanks OP for this deal.

Ended up switching from rogers gigabit after they jacked my $60 plan to $90 and their winback team weren't interested in keeping my business.

If others are truly getting near 300 on this 150 plan. It's a huge win. 300 should be more than enough for home use. And that's coming from a heavy downloader and streamer. I don't think I've ever truly saturated my gigabit line speed anyways.
The 300 is a temporary boost for about 30 seconds when you start downloading something/start the speedtest. You can confirm by setting the fast.com speedtest to run for more than 30 seconds minimum.
After 30 seconds, the speed stabilizes at ~190mbps, which is still more than advertised by Fido, and more than enough for most of the people.
Jr. Member
Oct 31, 2017
166 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Akitakara wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what city are you located in?

I noticed the other 2 posters were in the GTHA, and I wonder if that's why I got a diff respons from the agents
I'm in Toronto and the person on the chat (who was from montreal) said that they are not sending out Techs
You miss shots you don't take.
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
374 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Gommes wrote: Do you think it will be possible to cancel after getting gift cards? Just in case, don't wanna miss black Friday deals on home internet..
You can cancel any time. I wouldn't expect significantly better deals for 150u this year.
Member
Jun 24, 2016
306 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Repooc wrote: Thanks OP for this deal.

Ended up switching from rogers gigabit after they jacked my $60 plan to $90 and their winback team weren't interested in keeping my business.

If others are truly getting near 300 on this 150 plan. It's a huge win. 300 should be more than enough for home use. And that's coming from a heavy downloader and streamer. I don't think I've ever truly saturated my gigabit line speed anyways.
From day 1 i am getting 300 and it's constant
Images
  • IMG_1B8F075286FB-1.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1877 posts
329 upvotes
Received my 1st bill notification, it's super-confusing if you just look at the summary on the website.

If you download the PDF it's all spelled out much more clearly. Just FYI.
Newbie
Sep 26, 2016
35 posts
32 upvotes
Got my first bill.

1) Sep 10 - Sep 15 -> $14.52
2) Sep 16 - Oct 15 -> $75.00

Credits: $-35.81

Total: $53.71 before taxes.

So I assume $30 a month pre-tax discount to bring the $75/mo to $45/mo. Then the $5.81 is the prorate discount of 6 days.

Math seems to check out.
Member
Dec 10, 2012
297 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
Just got my router in the mail. Was told on online chat I should be getting the CODA but the CGN3U came :S
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2212 posts
779 upvotes
Ontario
What's better Fido or virgin (knowing it's rogers vs bell). I'm currently on Rogers and was offered by Virgin mobile 100down, 10 up, unlimited, $45/month with $150 bill credit, no other fees. So the only difference between the two offeres is bill credit vs walmart/amazon giftcard as well as the 50down speed difference.
Member
Oct 19, 2013
325 posts
52 upvotes
Dynasty12345 wrote: What's better Fido or virgin (knowing it's rogers vs bell). I'm currently on Rogers and was offered by Virgin mobile 100down, 10 up, unlimited, $45/month with $150 bill credit, no other fees. So the only difference between the two offeres is bill credit vs walmart/amazon giftcard as well as the 50down speed difference.
Depends on your area. I've had good service from both but would choose Fido now as i'd rather not have to wait for a service person to come into my home.
Member
Sep 15, 2004
309 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Got my CGN3U - same scuffed up/used modems as everyone has been receiving. Seems to work OK however I am concerned about packet loss as the PUMA6 modems are not that great.

Set up fine and speeds at 300/17 on my mesh network. Likely going to cancel Carrytel service today - too bad it was a great deal before their price increases...

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

boon1