Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 10:30 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2036 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone knows if Fido bill qualifies for 2% Money-Back under "Recurring Bills" category with Tangerine MC? Thanks.
Oct 11, 2018
331 posts
372 upvotes
ON
andrew4321 wrote: Anyone knows if Fido bill qualifies for 2% Money-Back under "Recurring Bills" category with Tangerine MC? Thanks.
CarryTel did so I don't see why not with Fido.
The only company that doesn't qualify is Public Mobile as far as I know.
Feb 24, 2018
18 posts
5 upvotes
Come from Roger gigabit plan . I called and got this deal last week :
- hookup the CODA modem, got 300 for couple hours then ....can't event connect
- tech came, nothing wrong -> profile reset -> replace CODA with CGN3U -> work...another couple hours
- second tech came -> nothing wrong -> reset profile -> work for another couples hours
- look like it need to reset every couples hours.
- call Fido to cancel

call Rogers and tell them about the deal... the offer 1Gigabit deal for 50+tax ..... took it...

I know Fido is cheaper, but look like it's not working out for me... Thanks OPS anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1292 posts
256 upvotes
aghuman01 wrote: The 300 is a temporary boost for about 30 seconds when you start downloading something/start the speedtest. You can confirm by setting the fast.com speedtest to run for more than 30 seconds minimum.
After 30 seconds, the speed stabilizes at ~190mbps, which is still more than advertised by Fido, and more than enough for most of the people.
Yup mine stabilizes at around 210mbps after 60 seconds on fast.com can't complain for this price
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2036 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
CertainSomeone wrote: CarryTel did so I don't see why not with Fido.
It needs to be preauthorized with "SET UP AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS" or you just initiate the payment every month from Fido account?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4129 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
andrew4321 wrote: Anyone knows if Fido bill qualifies for 2% Money-Back under "Recurring Bills" category with Tangerine MC? Thanks.
I have Triangle Master Card which issued by Canadian tire, is it qualified?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33987 posts
19825 upvotes
Ottawa
rui wrote: I have Triangle Master Card which issued by Canadian tire, is it qualified?
CT MC doesn't have a special recurring monthly bill rate.
Sep 23, 2018
157 posts
95 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what city are you located in?

I noticed the other 2 posters were in the GTHA, and I wonder if that's why I got a diff respons from the agents

I am in Ottawa.
Apr 17, 2016
297 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
I paid my first bill manually and it is classified as recurring bill so I received the 2% with tangerine.
Apr 17, 2016
297 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
CertainSomeone wrote: CarryTel did so I don't see why not with Fido.
I know that Cannet did not classify as recurring bill. I asked tangerine and they said it's up to the merchant to classify themselves as such, and tangerine couldn't do anything about it.

Yet another reason to cancel Cannet!
Dec 10, 2012
297 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
Mine is sticking around 120 only. Anything I need to do to get it over to 2-300?
Apr 4, 2010
20 posts
5 upvotes
ontario
called fido, they say they can not send out technicial at this point for installation, bad luck for me, not sure if anyone has experienced this, or it is just bs.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3582 posts
2141 upvotes
Toronto
are you in an area code serviced by bell fibe? if so, that's likely why you got the gigabit deal and not because of this fido one

i am also quite surprised that you were able to get two techs to come out on separate occasions when some people cannot get even one guy to show up and help with their install or troubleshoot onsite
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3582 posts
2141 upvotes
Toronto
hkhorace wrote: Mine is sticking around 120 only. Anything I need to do to get it over to 2-300?
depends on a number of factors

gotta keep in mind that this is cable and you're essentially sharing the bandwidth with your neighbours

try at different times of the day and you are likely to see varying speeds
Mar 7, 2011
31 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thanks op I received my CGN3 yesterday also. Turned in bridge mode and plugged in and seems to work. I had to provide my student number from 10 years ago during sign up, they didn't ask any questions.

I did a few speed tests and an getting around 300mps, but at around 8pm it is much slower around 80mps. Other times are running at full speed. Going to cancel carry tel later this week, it was nice while it lasted.