Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 9:51 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1130 posts
295 upvotes
Signed up two lines, cancelled both Rogers internet lines. Up yours Rogers !!

Oh wait...Fido is owned...

The game is f* rigged folks.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1397 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Gtabuddy wrote: How do you register for the gift card
The rep would've told you how it works.

You get an email 4-6 weeks after sticking with the service.
Sep 6, 2014
77 posts
36 upvotes
@Repooc I got my modem today and I had hard time setting it up in the bridge mode. It's not as straight forward. When you login to 192.168.0.1 for the first time, it won't ask for any username and password. It will take you straight away to the easy setup page which basically shows you a check mark if your modem is getting signals from the service provider and on the next screen it asks you to setup Wireless settings. The mistake I made was that I didn't configure Wireless settings because I had my Airport Extreme that I wanted to use but since there was no other way to setup new modem in the bridge mode I felt completely lost. I then setup SSID and password on the Fido modem, saved settings, rebooted the modem and tried to open 192.168.0.1 again and voila I was asked for username and password. So in short, you must setup Wi-Fi on Fido in order to access admin page of modem. Another tip, your username is the default one which is written behind the modem but the password is now the one you setup for your SSID. It's not the default modem password. Once you login then just follow the instructions on the link provided by another poster (pasted again below) and you'll be all set.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... emode-cgn3

Just be patient after you apply settings. It took a while before modem came back online. I wish there were instructions included in the package. I wasted more than half an hour on all this. Very frustrating experience. I didn't have same challenge when I got Rogers modem a few years ago.

Good luck!
Jan 17, 2017
177 posts
91 upvotes
aiz_324 wrote: Did you end up finding out about this? Could you drop off the modem to their office?
Yeh no choice but either mail them at your cost or drop off at their location. I received pro-rated monthly charges back (invoice, not actual money yet). But the modem deposit for Carrytel is not mentioned in this invoice. Anyone else received it?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1641 posts
227 upvotes
chappanteekli wrote: @Repooc I got my modem today and I had hard time setting it up in the bridge mode. It's not as straight forward. When you login to 192.168.0.1 for the first time, it won't ask for any username and password. It will take you straight away to the easy setup page which basically shows you a check mark if your modem is getting signals from the service provider and on the next screen it asks you to setup Wireless settings. The mistake I made was that I didn't configure Wireless settings because I had my Airport Extreme that I wanted to use but since there was no other way to setup new modem in the bridge mode I felt completely lost. I then setup SSID and password on the Fido modem, saved settings, rebooted the modem and tried to open 192.168.0.1 again and voila I was asked for username and password. So in short, you must setup Wi-Fi on Fido in order to access admin page of modem. Another tip, your username is the default one which is written behind the modem but the password is now the one you setup for your SSID. It's not the default modem password. Once you login then just follow the instructions on the link provided by another poster (pasted again below) and you'll be all set.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... emode-cgn3

Just be patient after you apply settings. It took a while before modem came back online. I wish there were instructions included in the package. I wasted more than half an hour on all this. Very frustrating experience. I didn't have same challenge when I got Rogers modem a few years ago.

Good luck!
192.168.100.1 to change settings of modem in bridge mode. Still need username password to login, password would be wifi password you get forced to setup going through easy setup.
Jun 24, 2016
311 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
As Popo mentioned you have to use "192.168.100.1" to login after bridge your modem
Feb 4, 2018
116 posts
88 upvotes
Usher9387 wrote: As Popo mentioned you have to use "192.168.100.1" to login after bridge your modem
What user/pass do you use at 192.168.100.1?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1143 posts
860 upvotes
Markham
aghuman01 wrote: What user/pass do you use at 192.168.100.1?
User name: cusadmin
Password: [SSID/wifi Password when you first set up the modem]
Last edited by bk on Sep 17th, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Jun 24, 2016
311 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Uid: cusadmin. The default password is password(if you didn't setup SSID pwd)
Sep 23, 2018
173 posts
98 upvotes
Just to add, I was offered a deal from BELL for fibre internet for 1 year no contract, no installation, no rental

150Mbps -49.99 for 12 months - regular 94.95 + 100 Visa GC
500 Mbps- 59.99 for 12 months- regular 99.99 + 150 Visa GC

Rep mentioned that they are trying to get customers to try fiber internet.

I am in Ottawa
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2047 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
Usher9387 wrote: Uid: cusadmin. The default password is password(if you didn't setup SSID pwd)
Are you guys changing the default password? Any risk for not doing it?
Feb 27, 2004
216 posts
143 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: The rep would've told you how it works.

You get an email 4-6 weeks after sticking with the service.
My rep didn’t tell me anything. I told him I wanted the 45$ deal with gift card and he said ok and signed me up. That was it.