Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 1:03 pm
Sep 4, 2010
43 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
I had signed up for the 150u deal (at a kiosk) about a week ago to be sure I wouldn't miss out on the promo, but wasn't ready to port out my number immediately, but planned to (to get the add-on $50-$40 cell plan). Am I too late to still be eligible, now that I'm ready to port out since I didn't do it at the time (even though I was told I didn't need to)?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6655 posts
2904 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: anyone know if you need to get cell phone to get the internet deal?

Was told the only offer available for internet standalone is the gift card...
gift card link will be sent to you by email. Then from there you go to a portal where you tell it which gift card you want then weeks after that gets sent to you by email or mailed to you.
Mar 28, 2009
604 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm currently with Rogers ignite internet and tried to get the Fido plan but I was told that they would need a technician to come install the modem because their internet is different than Rogers Ignite internet. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I'm in a new build so the Rogers Ignite is the first internet installed here.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1222 posts
413 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote: Are you guys changing the default password? Any risk for not doing it?
If you went through the easy connect it'll ask you to set a password on your wifi networks, which updates the password on cusadmin as well

You need to be on the network in order to get access to 192.168.0.1 so no real risk if you set up the wifi correctly
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1272 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Gtabuddy wrote: My rep didn’t tell me anything. I told him I wanted the 45$ deal with gift card and he said ok and signed me up. That was it.
That's unfortunate and odd. Lots of chat transcripts here seem to indicate that most reps very clearly detailed the process. Anyways you should receive an email in a few weeks asking you which gift card you want.
Sep 4, 2010
43 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
saladtoss wrote:
If you went through the easy connect it'll ask you to set a password on your wifi networks, which updates the password on cusadmin as well

You need to be on the network in order to get access to 192.168.0.1 so no real risk if you set up the wifi correctly
Is there a way to bypass easy connect on a new/factory reset modem and just get straight to the default login page?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2038 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
saladtoss wrote: If you went through the easy connect it'll ask you to set a password on your wifi networks, which updates the password on cusadmin as well

Bridge mode. Not using wifi on Fido's device.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1640 posts
227 upvotes
mike613ottawa wrote: Is there a way to bypass easy connect on a new/factory reset modem and just get straight to the default login page?
its just a connection test then it asks you to update SSID and password probably less hassle just to go through it than to by pass it. Once completed you can switch to bridge mode right away. the login would be cusadmin and wifi password that you just set.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1640 posts
227 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote: Bridge mode. Not using wifi on Fido's device.
login password was same as wifi password for me, even when switched to bridge mode.
Sep 4, 2010
43 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
popo wrote: its just a connection test then it asks you to update SSID and password probably less hassle just to go through it than to by pass it. Once completed you can switch to bridge mode right away. the login would be cusadmin and wifi password that you just set.
Yes, but I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass easy connect so it doesn't check for a Fido/Rogers connection first, in order to use it as a simple router/WiFi repeater, etc. I haven't seemed to have found a way.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6655 posts
2904 upvotes
mike613ottawa wrote: Yes, but I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass easy connect so it doesn't check for a Fido/Rogers connection first, in order to use it as a simple router/WiFi repeater, etc. I haven't seemed to have found a way.
nope. It has to do a connection test first - no way to bypass that. If it doesnt detect an internet connection, then the whole setup is aborted (with a retry button on bottom).
Dec 22, 2012
37 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Was offered both the internet and phone deals. Switched internet and 4 lines from Rogers. $45/MTH for 150u for 12 months. $50 for 9GB for mobile.
Sep 4, 2010
43 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
surfwaxcdn wrote: Thanks OP. Was offered both the internet and phone deals. Switched internet and 4 lines from Rogers. $45/MTH for 150u for 12 months. $50 for 9GB for mobile.
How were you offered the phone deal? I signed up for the 150u deal (actually three of them) about a week ago, but I wasn't ready to port my number at the time, but now I am. Trying to figure out if it's too late, and/or the best way to add it on to the promo...
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1640 posts
227 upvotes
mike613ottawa wrote: Yes, but I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass easy connect so it doesn't check for a Fido/Rogers connection first, in order to use it as a simple router/WiFi repeater, etc. I haven't seemed to have found a way.
have laptop connected to internet, plug in same laptop to fido modem, go through the easy setup. It will get you through the easy connect. At least it did for me. No idea why you would use it as a router/repeater without modem function.
Sep 17, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
ankysrulz wrote: Just to add, I was offered a deal from BELL for fibre internet for 1 year no contract, no installation, no rental

150Mbps -49.99 for 12 months - regular 94.95 + 100 Visa GC
500 Mbps- 59.99 for 12 months- regular 99.99 + 150 Visa GC

Rep mentioned that they are trying to get customers to try fiber internet.

I am in Ottawa
How did you get offered that deal?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

dynogic