Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 2:26 am
Nov 8, 2005
516 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
wrecker wrote: Update : chat online again... no matter what they are not coming. They said they don’t want to risk the technician’s life even they don’t need to come into the house. What can I say.
Fido did send out a tech (Rogers?) right to my house to exchange my crappy defective modem. I was more worried than him and told him I don't need you to come into my house. Not sure why they kept saying they couldn't dispatch a technician while they dispatched one just to give me a new modem at door. I didn't expect such high level delivery service! :)
Jan 12, 2007
215 posts
54 upvotes
London
I currently have Fido 75u.

I tried a couple of times to see if they would just offer this to me as an existing customer. No dice. My 75u expires in Oct., to which they were already offering me $20 off the current 75u price of $65. I called and spoke with a rep asking if there was anyway to offer me $25 off the 150u price of 75$, to bring it down to $50 a month.

She was typing away on her computer for quite some time. Eventually came back and gave me $25 off per month for 12 months. Not exactly the deal being offered, and that others were able to get, but still not bad in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4884 posts
378 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
I am currently using Roger. I've switched the cable modem (both roger and Fido's modem are the same model). I didn't change my wireless settings on my router and everything seem to be working (after I connect the router to Fido's Modem). I haven't cancel my Roger's account yet. How do I know that I am using Fido connection and not Roger? I don't want to cancel Roger until I know Fido is working properly
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
861 upvotes
lrjm wrote: I currently have Fido 75u.

I tried a couple of times to see if they would just offer this to me as an existing customer. No dice. My 75u expires in Oct., to which they were already offering me $20 off the current 75u price of $65. I called and spoke with a rep asking if there was anyway to offer me $25 off the 150u price of 75$, to bring it down to $50 a month.

She was typing away on her computer for quite some time. Eventually came back and gave me $25 off per month for 12 months. Not exactly the deal being offered, and that others were able to get, but still not bad in my opinion.
That's what I ended up doing. $75-$25. Saves me the trouble of creating a new account and swapping modems. I miss out on the GC but oh well.

They initially automatically offered me $20 off via email but I called and got $25.
Oct 15, 2017
388 posts
249 upvotes
Canada
What a difference talking to another CSR through online chat makes! Today, there was no BS, like a few days ago. Just signed up for cable internet without any hassle. Nothing about a 30 day wait, tech needs to visit, blah blah blah. Straight to the point, got it done!

$45 ($30 off for 12 months) with the $150 gift card
Nov 15, 2013
843 posts
499 upvotes
Ottawa
Lostwords wrote: I am currently using Roger. I've switched the cable modem (both roger and Fido's modem are the same model). I didn't change my wireless settings on my router and everything seem to be working (after I connect the router to Fido's Modem). I haven't cancel my Roger's account yet. How do I know that I am using Fido connection and not Roger? I don't want to cancel Roger until I know Fido is working properly
If the Fido modem is installed and online (and you have active internet), you're using Fido. You should be good to cancel.

Just returned my Rogers modem today. Noticed some extremely slow speeds (<5 Mbps) late last night, hoping it's just a bit of a bump in the road.
Feb 7, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
I signed up for this deal at a Kiosk in Markville Mall today, so I was able to get the modem immediately.
They didn't have the white modem in stock though, only the older black one.
They told me that the digital gift card should be emailed to me within 4 weeks, although the paperwork says 6 weeks.

I was also an existing Fido mobile customer on the $50/9GB deal.
Without having to ask, the Fido rep changed me to a $45/11GB plan. Pretty sweet.
Nov 16, 2016
99 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in downtown T.O having connection issues? mine has been disconnecting for about 1 - 2 hrs at night ever since i got it.
Mar 19, 2007
14 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph
Leavemealone wrote: A lot of Fido agents are misinforming people about the non-existance of the $10 credit towards the $50 cellular plan..
I just spoke with a supervisor and he confirmed that the $10 credit on the $50 cellphone plan for 12 months is still available, provided you sign up for both internet and cellular.
Was it the $50 plan with 9GB(4GB plan + 5GB bonus)? I’ve spoken with two customer service reps on the phone and one on chat over the last couple days and all have told me that they can’t apply the $10 discount to a plan that already has a bonus (5GB) applied. Was told that I could get the $50 4GB plan and take $10 off that one but no bonus 5GB would be applicable.
Feb 3, 2011
208 posts
18 upvotes
Thornhill
If I have a cell plan with Fido (but don't have internet with them), will I be considered a new or existing customer?
Aug 9, 2019
29 posts
12 upvotes
nbc wrote: Was it the $50 plan with 9GB(4GB plan + 5GB bonus)? I’ve spoken with two customer service reps on the phone and one on chat over the last couple days and all have told me that they can’t apply the $10 discount to a plan that already has a bonus (5GB) applied. Was told that I could get the $50 4GB plan and take $10 off that one but no bonus 5GB would be applicable.
I've been having this issue. It's a big problem to actually get the $10/month applied, apparently....
Nov 22, 2017
601 posts
348 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote: What a difference talking to another CSR through online chat makes! Today, there was no BS, like a few days ago. Just signed up for cable internet without any hassle. Nothing about a 30 day wait, tech needs to visit, blah blah blah. Straight to the point, got it done!

$45 ($30 off for 12 months) with the $150 gift card
Are you an existing customer? I signed up as a new customer with no hassle. Let's hope the speeds are as promised and no interruptions.
Feb 7, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Lyuda wrote: If I have a cell plan with Fido (but don't have internet with them), will I be considered a new or existing customer?
I too had an existing cell phone plan with Fido, and I was able to get this internet deal.
Oct 15, 2017
388 posts
249 upvotes
Canada
Extrahard wrote: Are you an existing customer? I signed up as a new customer with no hassle. Let's hope the speeds are as promised and no interruptions.
Didn't have any Fido services before this. Will test the service during the peak hours.

Online chat middle of the day on weekends, appears to be when the well rested motivated CSR's are scheduled. Was expecting to get shut down after every question or pause, had to ask him to repeat the offer. I just kept repeating sign me up, lol!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

whodachump