Hot Deals

[Fido] 150u Home Internet for $45/month + 9GB Cell Phone Plan for $40/month YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:29 am
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3477 posts
1263 upvotes
Ottawa
Are the receiver and modem included? Available in Toronto?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3128 posts
1474 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to just test the router I will use, without hooking up the modem at all? To figure out the range and best location for it. It's a D-Link Ultra AC3200.

Also curious, if anyone knows, can the router use a secured friendly neighbours wifi (rather than ethernet cable), then redistribute that wifi through the router? Hope I'm explaining that correctly. In other words, using the router as a wifi extender.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3580 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote: Is it possible to just test the router I will use, without hooking up the modem at all? To figure out the range and best location for it. It's a D-Link Ultra AC3200.
you just won't have an Internet connection, but you can test your LAN connection speed and range without the modem
Also curious, if anyone knows, can the router use a secured friendly neighbours wifi (rather than ethernet cable), then redistribute that wifi through the router? Hope I'm explaining that correctly. In other words, using the router as a wifi extender.
if your neighbour's wifi signal strength is good enough and within range, you can setup your router as an access point and extend his network into your home, however keep in mind there would be speed degradation depending on a number of factors

for stability and better speed, i've seen neighbours literally run a patch cable home-to-home through windows to share Internet; it's ghetto, but works lol
Dec 21, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
Lovable wrote: Is this still ongoing?
Yes, I was able to get this deal today ($45 150mb for 12 months + $150 gift card in six weeks).
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3128 posts
1474 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: you just won't have an Internet connection, but you can test your LAN connection speed and range without the modem

if your neighbour's wifi signal strength is good enough and within range, you can setup your router as an access point and extend his network into your home, however keep in mind there would be speed degradation depending on a number of factors

for stability and better speed, i've seen neighbours literally run a patch cable home-to-home through windows to share Internet; it's ghetto, but works lol
Thank you for answering. And making me laugh.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1616 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
What was everyone's total for their first bill? Mine came to $60.40 prorated for 5 days of service.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17864 posts
919 upvotes
I'm late to the party, but my Bell Fibe deal expired and rolled over to regular pricing so I'm looking to leave for something more affordable.. Would definitely be a new customer, never used any Fido services before.
What's my best method to sign up? Online chat still? Much appreciated
Nov 22, 2017
601 posts
347 upvotes
duckdown wrote: I'm late to the party, but my Bell Fibe deal expired and rolled over to regular pricing so I'm looking to leave for something more affordable.. Would definitely be a new customer, never used any Fido services before.
What's my best method to sign up? Online chat still? Much appreciated
Online chat or phone doesn't matter, they are giving this deal away to everyone. If you have trouble just hang up and call another agent.
Nov 22, 2017
601 posts
347 upvotes
av3n wrote: What was everyone's total for their first bill? Mine came to $60.40 prorated for 5 days of service.
Sounds about right (5 days / 30 days * $45 ) + $45 + tax ?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17864 posts
919 upvotes
OK I just got off the phone with Bell, the guy's trying to claim I'm receiving a significant discount already for the Bell Fibe 500 Unlimited internet. Says regular price $100.95+tax and I'm only paying $73+tax or something like that.. The internet IS good but the listed deal here is still much cheaper.. I'm not sure what to do
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6624 posts
2896 upvotes
duckdown wrote: OK I just got off the phone with Bell, the guy's trying to claim I'm receiving a significant discount already for the Bell Fibe 500 Unlimited internet. Says regular price $100.95+tax and I'm only paying $73+tax or something like that.. The internet IS good but the listed deal here is still much cheaper.. I'm not sure what to do
you waited until it is expired before looking into this??? Cancel with bell first. Then see if their retentions contacts you and offers you a similar or better deal. Then check with fido.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9485 posts
2893 upvotes
Extrahard wrote: Online chat or phone doesn't matter, they are giving this deal away to everyone. If you have trouble just hang up and call another agent.
Not that easy for everyone. Tried chat 3 times and phone once. Each time it was student only.
Mar 24, 2015
15 posts
27 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I had to contact Fido 6 times over a mix of phone and chat to get this deal. Chat finally worked after I connected with a rep from Vancouver. I just told him I heard about this deal from a friend who got it. I was on Rogers before and there was a little bit of an issue with that but I got it done. Super nice rep. Just keep persistent. You'll get it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)