Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 2020 University Back to School Offers ($50/9gb or $45/11gb) + $150 credits (one time)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 12:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9343 posts
57067 upvotes
Ontario

[Fido] 2020 University Back to School Offers ($50/9gb or $45/11gb) + $150 credits (one time)

Just got an update from my university rep. I got free tablets + 24months from them last year.

2020 University offers =
$50/9GB + $150 credits (onetime) + waived $40 activation fee but they will charge $10 sim card fee.
used to be free but not anymore.

Stackable offers

1) $5 MSF Discount for 24 Months on additional line activations
2) 2GB Data Bonus on additional line new activations
(if you add a line, you can get an additional $5 off plus 2GB. Total $45/11gb per month.)
3) 1000 LD to Australia, Bangladesh, China, Macau, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. for 24 months
4) no free tablet this year. $10/4gb per month

Note: 1-time credit is a special offer for those fido stores. You can google your local universities and see if they have a fido store there.
Anyone can get it. You do not need to show any student ID.

Expires on Aug 30 but probably will extend it until Sept 3rd like previous years.

Before people flame (as usual), I went on Google and found some Fido stores near the University of Toronto.
Please see the picture below. I even highlighted and included the phone number for "you" so please give them a call tomorrow and ask if they have this promo or can price match it.
FIDO offerr.jpg

BUT WAIT, there's more!
Some people will probably say " I can't even read anything on the picture" so I went back to google and copy and pasted the Fido store's contact information here.

1. 220 Yonge St Unit G6
    Closed · Opens at 11:00 a.m. · (416) 598-4843
  2. 444 Yonge St Unit M7
    Closed today · (416) 599-8850
  3. 2 Bloor St E Unit C12
    Closed · Opens at 12:00 p.m. · (416) 598-8007
  4. 290 Queen St W
    Closed · Opens at 11:00 a.m. · (416) 849-1855
  5. 333 King St E Unit 110
    Closed · Opens at 11:00 a.m. · (647) 351-2350
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 31st, 2020 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed typo in retailer field
39 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1362 posts
4218 upvotes
So this is the same plan from Koodo & Virgin thats available to everyone but with Fido you get the credit; not bad
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2172 posts
1302 upvotes
North Vancouver
This deal isn't for me but I appreciate the extra effort made by Thatdealguy, one of the better posters on RFD IMO.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9343 posts
57067 upvotes
Ontario
exoticburrit0 wrote: New activations only?
Of course.

Good deals = always new customers (Just started dating. You treat him/her like a king/queen because you want him/her to choose you instead of other people.)
Charge you extra = old customers (You won the battle. dated for a long time and now you treat them like a normal person.)
Sweet deals = trying to win you back (he/she wants to break up with you. You don't want to so you try everything you can to win him/her back. Please, please don't go. come back to me please. I'm begging you)
Aug 18, 2018
29 posts
5 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Of course.

Good deals = always new customers (Just started dating. You treat him/her like a king/queen because you want him/her to choose you instead of other people.)
Charge you extra = old customers (You won the battle. dated for a long time and now you treat them like a normal person.)
Sweet deals = trying to win you back (he/she wants to break up with you. You don't want to so you try everything you can to win him/her back. Please, please don't go. come back to me please. I'm begging you)

As hurt as I am by new activations only, you made me crack up, take an upvote
Apr 17, 2017
24 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
OP, you mentioned anyone can get this? My wife is with Rogers on a BOYD plan and I would like to port her number to Fido for this deal. Can this be done over the phone? Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9343 posts
57067 upvotes
Ontario
housemusic wrote: OP, you mentioned anyone can get this? My wife is with Rogers on a BOYD plan and I would like to port her number to Fido for this deal. Can this be done over the phone? Thanks.
anyone can get it (new activation only).
If you know the fido reps in your area, you can do it over the phone. call those fido stores tmr.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1451 posts
433 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: anyone can get it (new activation only).
If you know the fido reps in your area, you can do it over the phone. call those fido stores tmr.
Anyone with store connections please post them here so we can do the deal over the phone!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9343 posts
57067 upvotes
Ontario
jg123 wrote: Anyone with store connections please post them here so we can do the deal over the phone!
FIdosolutions on RFD always check fido and rogers threads. don't risk it, people.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1451 posts
433 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: FIdosolutions on RFD always check fido and rogers threads. don't risk it, people.
Oh, message me privately then?? Also, if they are getting more business why would they care?
Jun 21, 2011
923 posts
859 upvotes
Vancouver
why do you look up locations for UoT? you live in Richmond BC?
Jul 21, 2018
35 posts
6 upvotes
There were some lucky people existing Fido customers who were able to get the $150 credit. I wasn't one.

Question: Why this post is categorized as "Groceries"?
Apr 17, 2017
24 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: anyone can get it (new activation only).
Thanks. Is the 9gb/$50 plan for 24 months only or for as long as you keep the plan (minus any future Fido price increases)?