Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] $30 - 6GB YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2020 5:15 pm
Tags:
Newbie
Jul 2, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Was Pixel4XL your choice ? Would jump on Iphone 11 pro finance plan as its below $40/month on finance
Newbie
Aug 8, 2015
69 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just tried Fido chat, mentioned to them im switching over to kudoo as they are offering me $35 - $5 for 24 months for 4 GB data and unlimited talk and the rep was like...ok there is nothing similar we have at Fido, it was nice having you at Fido and sad to see you go , please rate my service chatting with you lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1265 posts
398 upvotes
1derfool wrote: Just tried Fido chat, mentioned to them im switching over to kudoo as they are offering me $35 - $5 for 24 months for 4 GB data and unlimited talk and the rep was like...ok there is nothing similar we have at Fido, it was nice having you at Fido and sad to see you go , please rate my service chatting with you lol Face With Tears Of Joy
I hope you gave him all 5s for making sure you get the best plan...... at Koodo.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5692 posts
2045 upvotes
GTEH!
KrishnaP99183 wrote: Nope, I renewed my old subsidized plan. I do however have 3 other lines on my account (1 data plan and 2 text and talk plans)
KrishnaP99183 wrote: Well I had called Koodo initially to transfer only my line. They told me that the best promotion they could offer me was the $35 GB plan but with 4GB total and a $5 discount for 24 months.
I then called Fido to match Koodo and they offered me this deal.
KrishnaP99183 wrote: Unlimited text and talk.
I have attached a screenshot.
I am not sure if its for QC only however I am from QC.
And there's the catch to OP getting a great rate plan.
OP, you should mention all of this in your Original post. (multi-line, from QC)
😎
Member
May 6, 2020
251 posts
246 upvotes
1derfool wrote: Just tried Fido chat, mentioned to them im switching over to kudoo as they are offering me $35 - $5 for 24 months for 4 GB data and unlimited talk and the rep was like...ok there is nothing similar we have at Fido, it was nice having you at Fido and sad to see you go , please rate my service chatting with you lol Face With Tears Of Joy
LMAO.... Did you ask them what if you move to QC? Lol
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
vancityguy0 wrote: But per your screenshot, you’re paying $73 for 6GB for 24 months and after the 24 months you get switched to 2GB for $35 because your bonus GB expires.

Sounds like a terrible deal to me.
How is it terrible ? After 24 months, you call again to get a better deal. Also the phone will belong to me after 24 months.
After taxes, the total is $73 because it includes the google pixel 4 xl financing which comes to around $38 with all the taxes.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
1derfool wrote: Just tried Fido chat, mentioned to them im switching over to kudoo as they are offering me $35 - $5 for 24 months for 4 GB data and unlimited talk and the rep was like...ok there is nothing similar we have at Fido, it was nice having you at Fido and sad to see you go , please rate my service chatting with you lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Just FYI, when I called Fido, I told them Koodo is offering 5GB instead of 4GB as a bluff. I guess that worked because they gave me 6 GB
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
MadanR51613 wrote: Was Pixel4XL your choice ? Would jump on Iphone 11 pro finance plan as its below $40/month on finance
Yes, the pixel 4 XL was my choice. I am mostly a android person as I do not own any Apple products.
I just checked Fido and there is a down payment of $310 on the IPhone 11 pro. I had a $0 down payment on the Pixel 4 XL
Member
User avatar
May 28, 2013
457 posts
247 upvotes
Laval, QC
10 days ago I bought a smartphone (new customer- QC) from Fido, an iPhone XS 256 GB for only $672, went with the 2GB for $35 package.
Upon reception of the phone I call them to migrate my phone number from Bell, I was offered without even asking a 2GB bonus for 24 months.
So 4GB X 24 months for $35.
Member
Sep 26, 2012
421 posts
125 upvotes
Thornhill
KrishnaP99183 wrote: All the amounts are before taxes:
Phone plan: $30/month for 6GB (24 months)
Google Pixel 4 XL financing: ($30/month for 24 months)
Also got a $200 bill credit.
I tried online chat and was not able to get this deal. I was able to get the 9gb for the $40 dollar plan mentioned in another rfd post. where do you even get pixel 4xl to begin with? The rep told me they don't carry it and I don't see it on their website.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
superduder wrote: I tried online chat and was not able to get this deal. I was able to get the 9gb for the $40 dollar plan mentioned in another rfd post. where do you even get pixel 4xl to begin with? The rep told me they don't carry it and I don't see it on their website.
Hey let me give you a detailed step by step summary to help you out.

1- I called Koodo and told them that I wanted to migrate from Fido to Koodo and also finance a Google Pixel 4 XL. They told me that their best offer was $35 for 4GB data with a $5 discount for 24 months. So in summary I got 4GB for $30.
2- I knew that Fido did not have the Google Pixel 4 XL in stock. So I first called Cabine sans fil (T-booth mobile for the rest of Canada) and they had it in stock for $30/month financing. They also had a promotion of adding in a $200 visa gift card.
3- I then called Fido, and told them that Koodo was offering me 5GB for $30 and that I would move my line if I did not get a better offer (I bluffed the 5GB even though it was 4GB). The sales rep talked to her manager and they offered me $30 for 6GB of data for 24 months. They told me that if I financed the Samsung S20 from them, they would give me a $200 bill credit however I told them that I was looking for the Pixel 4 XL in particular and that I would purchase it from T-mobile since they did not have it in stock.

Hope this clarifies the process for you !

ALSO, NEVER AND I REPEAT NEVER DO ONLINE CHATS. ALWAYS CALL ! Online chats will never give you any deals as they try to make the most profit possible.
Member
Oct 26, 2010
406 posts
133 upvotes
Langley
WOW, I CALLED KOODO , THEY TOLD ME NO PLAN LIKE THAT,
ONLY CAN GIVE ME $45-7GB PLAN WITH HW UPGRADE
I AM CURRENTLY HAVE KOODO.
YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 18, 2017
1187 posts
2431 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
KrishnaP99183 wrote: How is it terrible ? After 24 months, you call again to get a better deal. Also the phone will belong to me after 24 months.
After taxes, the total is $73 because it includes the google pixel 4 xl financing which comes to around $38 with all the taxes.
I disagree. A large portion of the value of this plan is tied to your 24-month term which makes a huge chunk of the deal temporary. It is a clear from past experience for most on here that getting a good plan tied to a term right now, doesn't automatically mean you'll get a good plan when your term expires.

It might appeal to folks who were already in the market for a subsidized phone, but for those who don't care about this phone, it is still a $35 for 2GB and that is a terrible plan.

But hey, if it works for you, then do it!
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
vancityguy0 wrote: I disagree. A large portion of the value of this plan is tied to your 24-month term which makes a huge chunk of the deal temporary. It is a clear from past experience for most on here that getting a good plan tied to a term right now, doesn't automatically mean you'll get a good plan when your term expires.

It might appeal to folks who were already in the market for a subsidized phone, but for those who don't care about this phone, it is still a $35 for 2GB and that is a terrible plan.

But hey, if it works for you, then do it!
Just my opinion here but I disagree. My past plan was $45 for 13 GB of data and they had also given me the Google pixel 2 XL for $100. This was an amazing plan when subsidizing existed (I got this two years ago). Since this plan expired, I called back this week and still got an amazing deal 24 months after. Yes you are tied in for 24 months but you just need to re-negotiate 24 months after. Also FYI, I still have an additional 5GB loyalty left which will last me another year. They told me to call back after it expires and they should be able to re-apply the bonus data aagain. I told them to leave a note on my file and took down the case reference #.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
h2oever wrote: WOW, I CALLED KOODO , THEY TOLD ME NO PLAN LIKE THAT,
ONLY CAN GIVE ME $45-7GB PLAN WITH HW UPGRADE
I AM CURRENTLY HAVE KOODO.
YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!
Maybe they gave me that plan because I was migrating from Fido to Koodo ?
Try calling Fido and ask them if they can offer a better deal if you migrate from Koodo.
Last edited by KrishnaP99183 on Aug 28th, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 26, 2010
406 posts
133 upvotes
Langley
KrishnaP99183 wrote: Maybe they gave me that plane because I was migrating from Fido to Koodo ?
Try calling Fido and ask them if they can offer a better deal if you migrate from Koodo.
i JUST DID, THEY COULDN'T DO IT FOR ME REP SAID
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
284 upvotes
KrishnaP99183 wrote: Yes. Also, I did mention that I was going to transfer from Fido. No idea if that helped.
I had them call me twice. All they do is redirect me to the website and say those are the plans we have for new customers...how they offered you 4gbs for 30 remains a mystery
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2020
23 posts
14 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
goobydale wrote: I had them call me twice. All they do is redirect me to the website and say those are the plans we have for new customers...how they offered you 4gbs for 30 remains a mystery
Could it be because I told them that I also wanted to finance a Pixel 4 XL ?
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
284 upvotes
KrishnaP99183 wrote: Could it be because I told them that I also wanted to finance a Pixel 4 XL ?
They seemed eager to get me off the phone. Either to a store or activate online. Not an inkling of wanting to make a sale. Perhaps it has to do with phone financing

Top