Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop

Fido $34/month for 11GB (2nd Line Discount + Freedom Port)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2020 6:51 pm
Nov 26, 2016
568 posts
1047 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote: I'm on freedom prepaid $9/mo. text only plan can i get the this fido plan?

Yes, as long as you move your freedom number to Fido.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
What if I port my number over to freedom first and then Fido today? Would that still work? I want to keep my current Number (Rogers) but want to somehow get the Freedom migration offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1572 posts
1128 upvotes
GTA
darren1417 wrote: Front page of Freedoms website
Can you do screenshots?
F&F
Freedom $32/53gb
Fido $40/75gb + 30gb bonus = 105gb
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
Anyone have any luck getting this in BC?
Sep 5, 2020
44 posts
28 upvotes
momemon wrote: As long as you move from Freedom to Fido, and your Fido plan is 50+, it doesn't matter what plan you had with Freedom, of course due your due diligence and check before you move if you have tab or contract outstanding. Pm me if needed
Should I pay my Freedom tab first than make the switch to Fido or can I do it vice versa and it doesn't matter? Don't really want to end up paying random fees.
Oct 27, 2005
366 posts
42 upvotes
I needed to transfer 3 lines and have one with Freedom now. Has anyone tried activating one on Freedom today and porting out to Fido?
Jul 11, 2017
45 posts
5 upvotes
Looking to do this while on contract with FM, can anyone explain the steps? I have 5 months on my tab remaining.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
Wal-Mart says the freedom phone number needs to have been active for at least 30 days before porting to fido for the $11 discount to be active
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Jan 22, 2006
174 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
pererac wrote: Wal-Mart says the freedom phone number needs to have been active for at least 30 days before porting to fido for the $11 discount to be active
How would they know?
Jul 9, 2018
93 posts
70 upvotes
Thanks OP. I got the cell plan alone without the phone. Thank you.

FYI for the folks on freedom, if you stay with them they can give you a limited time monthly credit through loyalty but it is not enough to cover the gap but better than nothing if you are sort of stuck for whatever reason.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
zaweet wrote: How would they know?
they know because they're multi-carrier (fido/bell/telus carrier reps pump them full of info and promotions - they're hourly, non commission)
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Sep 5, 2020
44 posts
28 upvotes
astroroid10293 wrote: Looking to do this while on contract with FM, can anyone explain the steps? I have 5 months on my tab remaining.
I have 9 months remaining. Just went into Fido and asked for the promo. They hooked it up no problem, said Freedom will issue me a bill for the remaining Tab in the next few days. Checked my FM app and sure enough, the remaining money was added onto my balance. Just waiting for the mail now. Although I paid my bill a week ago for this month, I should be getting money back because there's still two weeks remaining in the month. Hope I won't have to go back and fight for that. I regret not paying the tab first than doing the switch, both kiosks are in the same mall.
Aug 19, 2020
38 posts
35 upvotes
FYI if you don't need to do a hardware upgrade and just want the plan, getting this promo at a Fido corporate store also entitles you to a $200 bill credit for each additional line you port over. I ported three lines from Freedom and ended up getting 1 line for $39/month with 9 GB of data and 2 lines for $34/month each with 11 GB of data, plus $400 in bill credits. This was in the GTA, by the way.
Aug 19, 2020
38 posts
35 upvotes
Bazzi wrote: I needed to transfer 3 lines and have one with Freedom now. Has anyone tried activating one on Freedom today and porting out to Fido?
I activated three new prepaid lines with Freedom this morning, then transferred them over to Fido at a Fido corporate store this afternoon. I didn't want to risk porting my numbers twice so I just did it with the random Freedom temp numbers I was given and will wait a bit before porting my real numbers over.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
TheDolphin wrote: FYI if you don't need to do a hardware upgrade and just want the plan, getting this promo at a Fido corporate store also entitles you to a $200 bill credit for each additional line you port over. I ported three lines from Freedom and ended up getting 1 line for $39/month with 9 GB of data and 2 lines for $34/month each with 11 GB of data, plus $400 in bill credits. This was in the GTA, by the way.
May i ask if this is under contract, in order to get the bill credit? TIA and stay safe.
Aug 19, 2020
38 posts
35 upvotes
uglyguy wrote: May i ask if this is under contract, in order to get the bill credit? TIA and stay safe.
I didn't do a hardware upgrade so no contact, but the bill credit and activation fee credit are going to appear on the second or third bill so they incentivize you to stay for at least 6 months or so.
Aug 7, 2019
18 posts
9 upvotes
The guys at the mobile shop offered me the 11$ discount as an existing Fido customer itself.
Plan - 50$-11$ - 9GB Plan
S10 - 19.99$
Total - ~$59

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)