Expired Hot Deals

[The Mobile Shop] Fido $34/month for 11GB (2nd Line Discount + Freedom Port)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 9:11 pm
Dec 11, 2008
358 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
mysttz wrote: it's not Fido's fault if Freedom delayed the release of your numbers to Fido. Fido salesperson can only submit a request in the Fido system to be sent to Freedom to release your number.

Freedom got so slammed by this promo that they were intentionally causing delays in releasing numbers to Fido, Koodo, Virgin.

On a side note, the promotion is STILL ONGOING. So if anyone still hasn't taken advantage of this, go get it before its gone!

Freedom to Fido, $39/9GB + $34/11GB 2nd line.
Actually, in this case, the store rep screwed up and never activated the SIM's.
Basically, 1 minutes worth of their time cost me 6 hours of mine.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4519 posts
3762 upvotes
Be careful and check your bills. Fido still has not applied my 1st months $11 credit, on my second bill, as per their emailed agreement.
May 9, 2006
810 posts
126 upvotes
Mississauga
Freedom is free as long as u r in freedom zone which is most of major city in Ontario. If Fido same case?
Is it free if u live in Toronto but visit Niagara or Hamilton or it would be considered long distance?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
This plan is still on Fido's website. Are the $5/line additional line discounts confirmed? I'm cautious with all things Fido/Rogers related from past experience.

SWITCH FROM FREEDOM TODAY!

Get 9GB for $39 per month after bill credit for 24 months2. Only when switching from Freedom to Fido. Call or Visit us in store to take advantage of this offer. Available for a limited time.
Jul 2, 2003
442 posts
106 upvotes
GTA
I'm currently with Fido, would porting out be the only way to get these recent deals I am seeing? What's the best deal to port out from Fido to? Freedom? Koodo?
I am hoping that by porting out I get a Winback call or I am able to port back in under one of these deals.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
waz wrote: I'm currently with Fido, would porting out be the only way to get these recent deals I am seeing? What's the best deal to port out from Fido to? Freedom? Koodo?
I am hoping that by porting out I get a Winback call or I am able to port back in under one of these deals.
Yes, unfortunately. They make you work for it, but it might be worth your time. Port to Shaw or Freedom as that seems to trigger the best offers.

Worst case scenario you can get the $39/month 9 GB offer to come back to Fido. Just call the number on Fido's website (‭+1 (866) 315-3436‬) before Oct 31. To be safe I'd want to have the port in/out win back all settled by the 28th so that you can call CS and finish the port before Oct 31.

If/when you talk to win back - tell them you are with Shaw if it is available in your area - even if you port to Freedom - because Winback can't tell the difference.

Say you have the 25 GB plan on Shaw, and they should match that or beat it. Seems people are getting that for $35 with a big $200-300 bill credit if you add a phone on Tab and 1000 free LD minutes per month. If you don't need a phone, it's better to pass on this to stay portable in case other great offers pop up. :)

Also, if you have any need for extra talk and text lines tell them you also have that number of $0/month Shaw text and talk plans.

And, if you think you will be staying with Fido, might as well get the $0 4GB tablet plan with free Samsung Tab A 8.4.

--------

Can anyone from this thread update us on TMS point bonus for getting hardware on these plans? Is the $300,000 pts with an S10 still on? TMS website is pretty bad.
Last edited by lewdvig on Oct 24th, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 2, 2003
442 posts
106 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the help! I'll be heading to the Freedom store this afternoon.

By the way, I'm in Ontario, would quoting the 25GB Shaw plan still work?
lewdvig wrote: Yes, unfortunately. They make you work for it, but it might be worth your time. Port to Shaw or Freedom as that seems to trigger the best offers.

Worst case scenario you can get the $39/month 9 GB offer to come back to Fido. Just call the number on Fido's website (‭+1 (866) 315-3436‬) before Oct 31. To be safe I'd want to have the port in/out win back all settled by the 28th so that you can call CS and finish the port before Oct 31.

If/when you talk to win back - tell them you are with Shaw - even if you port to Freedom - because Winback can't tell the difference.

Say you have the 25 GB plan on Shaw, and they should match that or beat it. Seems people are getting that for $35 with a big $200-300 bill credit if you add a phone on Tab and 1000 free LD minutes per month. If you don't need a phone, it's better to pass on this to stay portable in case other great offers pop up. :)

Also, if you have any need for extra talk and text lines tell them you also have that number of $0/month Shaw text and talk plans.

And, if you think you will be staying with Fido, might as well get the $0 4GB tablet plan with free Samsung Tab A 8.4.

--------

Can anyone from this thread update us on TMS point bonus for getting hardware on these plans? Is the $300,000 pts with an S10 still on? TMS website is pretty bad.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
waz wrote: Thanks for the help! I'll be heading to the Freedom store this afternoon.

By the way, I'm in Ontario, would quoting the 25GB Shaw plan still work?
Good point - corrected my answer. Safer to stick to Freedom as I don’t think Shaw cable and mobile is available in ON. You need to be a cable subscriber to get the $0 plan.
Jul 11, 2016
29 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Deal is dead, I called Fido.. they do not have any good plan at this moment in the system but it may come in couple of days
Aug 30, 2018
337 posts
125 upvotes
tortured1 wrote: Deal is dead, I called Fido.. they do not have any good plan at this moment in the system but it may come in couple of days
I agree. BYOD plans are garbage right now across the board. Including freedom.!
Mar 23, 2005
548 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
I know deal is dead now but in case a similar deal comes in, is the second line you port in eligible for $34 with 11gb or is it only for the primary line?