Expired Hot Deals

[The Mobile Shop] Fido $34/month for 11GB (2nd Line Discount + Freedom Port)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2020 6:51 pm
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton
TheDolphin wrote: I didn't have a problem stacking the deals yesterday at a Fido store (plus $200 bill credit for each additional line, but I'm not sure if that's still available). The $5 off didn't apply to the first line but my additional lines were $34/month and 11 GB after the discounts.
The $200 was for 2nd line onwards right. So no Port in credit for 1st line?
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton
pererac wrote: I wonder if that op Is in Ontario? Manitoba and Quebec, Saskatchewan, always getting dangerously sexier offers than Ontario.

Bell really is the most difficult to deal with though. Zero negotiation ability - unlike fido/rogers who you can squeeze a bit.

Hopefully virgin mobile also has a 'win-back' offer.

Thanks for sharing this!
Virgin is no good either. I used to be with them a couple of years back. Never recieved a winback offer. Or any offers for that matter. While I see RFD full of posts about Fido/Rogers.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1195 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
docshah wrote: The $200 was for 2nd line onwards right. So no Port in credit for 1st line?
Yeah, $200 for 2nd line onwards.
Yup. Virgin is no different! Fingers crossed for a win-back though...
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Jun 5, 2011
196 posts
404 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Paulie1RFD wrote: not matching but they do have $40/9GB for first line, then $35/9GB for second line. Might only be at Koodo stores. I've tried Walmart and The Mobile Shop, but its not in their systems.
So just to be clear that's only for freedom ports or any carrier? Also $40/ 9GB means med tab or lower right?
Apr 13, 2016
522 posts
343 upvotes
MrMom wrote: If you ported in just before this offer began + if you are lucky + if you are nice to the CSR on the phone = the CSR may retroactively apply the promo code.

Needs to be said: YMMV

Not everyone is aware of this promo, even the Fido CSR's.
ported from freedom? or another carrier?
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱
Aug 19, 2020
37 posts
34 upvotes
docshah wrote: The $200 was for 2nd line onwards right. So no Port in credit for 1st line?
Yes that's correct, I got $400 in bill credits for 3 lines.
Jul 11, 2013
58 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
TheDolphin wrote: Yes that's correct, I got $400 in bill credits for 3 lines.
pererac wrote: Yeah, $200 for 2nd line onwards.
Yup. Virgin is no different! Fingers crossed for a win-back though...
Would you guy mind to share which Fido store you went to?
Mar 17, 2020
38 posts
8 upvotes
it worked with me, i was with Rogers 15GB/$50 and it was a good plan but too expensive for me and i don't use the 15GB.
At 2 pm i switched to freedom for an hour. At 4 pm (same day) i added myself as a second line under my sister's account and got 11GB/$34.

The guy at the store was kind enough and even lowered my sister's plan to 45$.
now my sister pays $45 for 15GB
Everything was done same day.
Aug 19, 2020
37 posts
34 upvotes
Zteven wrote: Would you guy mind to share which Fido store you went to?
I sent you a message.

If anyone else is interested, I recommend calling your local store and asking before you go. Before I went on Tuesday I called a couple of locations and they were all aware of the promos.
May 24, 2017
747 posts
494 upvotes
GTA
saurabhmotwani wrote: So just to be clear that's only for freedom ports or any carrier? Also $40/ 9GB means med tab or lower right?
Correct, Freedom ports only. I didn't ask Koodo about tabs as I don't need a new phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1195 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
Zteven wrote: Would you guy mind to share which Fido store you went to?
Eglinton and Hurontario, Mississauga
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1033 posts
198 upvotes
toronto
MoeI99870 wrote: it worked with me, i was with Rogers 15GB/$50 and it was a good plan but too expensive for me and i don't use the 15GB.
At 2 pm i switched to freedom for an hour. At 4 pm (same day) i added myself as a second line under my sister's account and got 11GB/$34.

The guy at the store was kind enough and even lowered my sister's plan to 45$.
now my sister pays $45 for 15GB
Everything was done same day.
which store?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7502 posts
807 upvotes
Waterloo
That's seems like a great deal but I have my 35% off friends and family discount id lose that and end up paying more. My plan is 5gbs too which sucks but I'm happy with freedom
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1320 posts
1039 upvotes
Surrey
I realize this thread has been up for a while, but I feel it’s time you add Ontario only to the title. Keeps bringing my hopes up that it’s easily attainable nationwide.
Dec 15, 2009
478 posts
63 upvotes
GTA
was wondering signed up with freedom port-in credit and add to my wife’s Fido account. wave connection fee . was told by rep all credit will show on 2nd or 3rd bill.

$50-$11-$5=$34.
POCO X3 NFC + Public Mobile $10+ At&t prepaid 8+17gb. $32.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1509 posts
355 upvotes
Edmonton
Paulie1RFD wrote: Try The Mobile Shop in Loblaws in Markham. (McCowan and Bullock) . I have been discussing the FIDO deal and what phone options are (to get PC Points) . The FIDO deal still offered to me today.
Oh sorry, I left out important info. I am from Edmonton.
I stopped by two Fido corporate stores this morning to inquire about the FM to Fido deal; similarly to TMS, he said no such deal exists and similar cheapest plan is $50/9G. Needless to say, either I have no luck or no such deal exists in the west. Bummer as I am done with FM $65/month contract and looking for cheapest possible plan to save few loonies.
Oct 24, 2013
21 posts
5 upvotes
Newmarket
I found it really depends on the stores. I called three stores, two store offer me both two lines $39 for two years. The third store offers me $39 9GB and $34 11 GB for second line for two years, and additional $200 bill credit. But I can only get $200 bill credit no matter how many extra lines I add.
So I switched two lines. Maybe I can try another store for my third line to get another $200 bill credit.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1610 posts
187 upvotes
sunshinedlc wrote: I found it really depends on the stores. I called three stores, two store offer me both two lines $39 for two years. The third store offers me $39 9GB and $34 11 GB for second line for two years, and additional $200 bill credit. But I can only get $200 bill credit no matter how many extra lines I add.
So I switched two lines. Maybe I can try another store for my third line to get another $200 bill credit.
Do you have to sign up the plan with the device to be get the $200 credit?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1195 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
leadersuper699 wrote: Do you have to sign up the plan with the device to be get the $200 credit?
Nope! I got credits on my own phones. Did not take new phones.

As per my understanding, the $200 does not stack with the $11 freedom credit on the 2nd line - or my fido salesman was too rookie.
Oct 24, 2013
21 posts
5 upvotes
Newmarket
leadersuper699 wrote: Do you have to sign up the plan with the device to be get the $200 credit?
No, I don't. I get the plan with my own phone.