Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 9:32 pm
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
hesp wrote: so by doing so we are locked in another 2 yrs to get the loyalty discount
By doing what ? it really helps to press the "reply with quote" instead of just reply.
You don't need to get locked for two years to get the loyalty discount, you need to be locked for two years to get the free tablet.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
hesp wrote: so by doing so we are locked in another 2 yrs to get the loyalty discount
If you mean the tablet deal, then yes, you're locked in for 2 years. With the 50% discount that means $7.50/month for 24 months or $180 in total for both 3GB/month AND the tablet. Damn good deal IMO.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9553 upvotes
Vancouver
Samshares wrote: Is the 100% off offer still being made available to new customers?

Thinking of getting a sim for my iPad as backup.

Also what happens if you go over your 3GB?

And roaming? How does the 100% offer work then?
"Hi this is Fido how can I help you?"
"May I please have a free 3gb tablet data plan? I am a Public Mobile customer"
"Sure, we give away the company for free all the time, just give me your address and I'll send you a SIM and you'll be good to go... free data plan for 2 years!"
"Wow, thanks!"

LOL
LOL
LOL

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2009
1143 posts
877 upvotes
so now LG pad is not an option any more
which tablet should i go for?
should i splurge the extra money for an ipad instead of the samsung offerings?
Dec 31, 2016
30 posts
53 upvotes
Thanks to everyone for posting their results.

I had a 100% discount that just finished a month ago. When the discount ended and I saw my increased bill, I called in and was moved to 50% discount pretty easily. Following this thread, I called in again (chat wasn't able to offer anything). I had to be put through to "Retention Department" and it took quite a while (~20 minutes) to find the offer, but I was able to get the 100% discount.

I've got two voice lines and three data/tablet lines. The data lines are rarely used (average usage per line per month is roughly 15MB) but when I need it, it's very useful. I'd say the 100% discount is working to keep me as a customer, without the cheap/free data lines, there's a good chance I would have switched to another provider, or least shopped around more for one.
Sep 8, 2016
60 posts
28 upvotes
I had a one-year 100% with overage included discount expiring end of the month. Did a chat and inquired about extending the loyalty offer. Was immediately applied the 24-month 50% off. I inquired about if I can get a free tablet and have that stack with the 24-month 50% off and was told that yes it was possible so I locked into a 2 year term 50% off and grabbed the Galaxy Tab A for a $35 activation fee
Jul 16, 2013
942 posts
411 upvotes
I just checked Fido website
LG g pad 4 is already off
It is replaced by a Samsung tab A which is roughly the same as tab E. Not worth the effort to get it. USA already has LG g pad 5 like a couple years ago. Why Canadian market is always left behind?!
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
werwerwr wrote: $10 for custom service by phone
No need to spread misinformation.
It doesn't start now, and when it starts it will be only for services that can be done for free via self-serve.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1513 posts
1494 upvotes
Went to the Rogers/Fido store at Airport and Queen in Brampton because they had 2 Huawei MediaPad T3 in stock after trying via chat and was told the tablet was sold out there.

I was informed that the Huawei tablet for whatever reason doesn't require a new activation to qualify for the $0 promo over 2 years. That meant I was easily able to keep my 50% promo rate on both my current accounts and nothing new needing to be created.

I tried to get the activation fees waived but no dice. Ah well. Tried for the HR instead I got a triple lol
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ZenaZ927 wrote: USA already has LG g pad 5 like a couple years ago.
Link please.
Why Canadian market is always left behind?!
Maybe because there's no such thing as an LG G Pad V.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
AShenCA wrote: iPad Air 10.1 (2019) now available on EasyPay
EasyPay is a financing plan (so you get no discounts, just equal payments), it's not automatically compatible with the 2-year data-only plan, but reps can usually set it up correctly (so you would get a monthly discount for two years), just make sure you double check your first bill.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
@ZenaZ927 said, "like a couple years ago." By my arithmetic that would put launch date in 2017.

Your link is to an article from January 2019 that talks about a new LG tablet that "will probably be known as the LG G Pad 5 when announced. Speaking of which, an unveiling could take place at either CES 2019 next week or MWC 2019 in late February."

Funny thing, though. January (CES) and February (MWC) have come and gone. Yet still there's no announcement of this new tablet. So much for phonearena's prescience, albeit hedged with mealy-mouthed adjectives like "probably" and "could."

No wonder Fido doesn't offer it to us ;)

P.S. I don't like any of Fido's "free" tablets currently on offer. I'm waiting to see what they replace the LG G Pad IV with.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
3220 posts
565 upvotes
GVA
First try ever for discount, just asked nicely for 50% for 24 month over live chat. Easy Smiling Face With Open Mouth. I had this account since April 2017 and no other phone line associated with it; tablet plan only
Jul 16, 2013
942 posts
411 upvotes
bylo wrote: @ZenaZ927 said, "like a couple years ago." By my arithmetic that would put launch date in 2017.

Your link is to an article from January 2019 that talks about a new LG tablet that "will probably be known as the LG G Pad 5 when announced. Speaking of which, an unveiling could take place at either CES 2019 next week or MWC 2019 in late February."

Funny thing, though. January (CES) and February (MWC) have come and gone. Yet still there's no announcement of this new tablet. So much for phonearena's prescience, albeit hedged with mealy-mouthed adjectives like "probably" and "could."

No wonder Fido doesn't offer it to us ;)

P.S. I don't like any of Fido's "free" tablets currently on offer. I'm waiting to see what they replace the LG G Pad IV with.
My bad. I was looking at gpad X.
Jan 15, 2017
53 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey guys , just got this plan , Thanks OP
Now I have a question : I do not receiving incoming msg's , tried to sent msg from my cell phone ,but no result it said "sent "but nothing received
how you guys getting confirmation text for whatsapp or uber .
Is textnow or fongo # will work for this .
I had chat with Fido today and asked to block my outgoing call and texts , that's answer I got : the new data only plans that we have, there is no longer the possibility of pay per use calls or sms. A restriction is not needed.
Any one know about this as well .
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
phil1505 wrote: I had chat with Fido today and asked to block my outgoing call and texts , that's answer I got : the new data only plans that we have, there is no longer the possibility of pay per use calls or sms. A restriction is not needed.
Any one know about this as well .
What does the Account Confirmation (that you should have gotten when you set up the plan) say? Mine says:
Voice (per min.) additional usage $1.00
LD to Can. (per min.) $0.55
LD to U.S. (per min.) $0.55
I tend to believe what my legal contract with Fido says over what some random Fido chat agent says. YMMV.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

CheapMike, HammerJoe