Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

3GB LTE Data Plan $15/mo IS BACK. Flaming HOT (extended till March 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 1:30 pm

Poll: For new Fido customers, when did the your billing cycle start (per first bill) ?

• Total votes: 403. You have voted on this poll.
next day after line activation.

50%
2-3 days after line activation.

23%
4-6 days after line activation.

11%
7 or more days after line activation.

16%
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Crowny10 wrote: So this is a bit confusing... Or maybe it's just me. I signed up for the "free" G Pad III and the 3GB mth.
First i was told that i had to pay $49+tax for the tablet... And after a 2nd call i was told it would be free like everyone else.
On the contract i got in the email it says
Total money fees $25.
$15 for the 3GB of data and $10 for the "financing program monthly payment".

So i called Fido once again. The rep i talked to said that the tablet was never "free" and the promotion was that you get to finance the tablet for 24 months for $10 a month.

Any thoughts?
You got the wrong plan. Keep calling until you find the right agent who knows the deal to correct it. You may end up with a new line and cancel the originally one.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
9613019 wrote: The other person can open an account to get a free tablet with gift card. Why would he wants to take your plan?
I mean after the promo ends. If I decide I don't want to keep the plan.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
Does anyone else find their referral system absolutely terrible? You can't really tell when a code is redeemed and their online support can't confirm anything either.

Koodo's system is so much clearer.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
kmchow wrote: Are there dual sim phones that can operate on both lte/4g. The 3 dual sim phones i have, only 1 sim can operate at lte/4g/3g, the 2nd sim slot can only operate at 2g.
I think Axon 7 can do LTE in slot 1 and 3G in slot 2.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if anyone has done this deal through Bestbuy and gotten the $50 BB GC on top of the deal? Page 31 of the current flyer.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Crowny10 wrote: So this is a bit confusing... Or maybe it's just me. I signed up for the "free" G Pad III and the 3GB mth.
First i was told that i had to pay $49+tax for the tablet... And after a 2nd call i was told it would be free like everyone else.
On the contract i got in the email it says
Total money fees $25.
$15 for the 3GB of data and $10 for the "financing program monthly payment".

So i called Fido once again. The rep i talked to said that the tablet was never "free" and the promotion was that you get to finance the tablet for 24 months for $10 a month.

Any thoughts?
You can call to clarify but how I understand it is the tablet is $240 (it's not free) BUT... $10 gets subtracted every month for 24 months, then it's $0 after 2y. You can see your buyout price every month update if you decide to quit before fulfilling the contract term on your account, ie; quit Fido in 1y and it will cost you $120.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
torontotim wrote: Wondering if anyone has done this deal through Bestbuy and gotten the $50 BB GC on top of the deal? Page 31 of the current flyer.
Some got the GC and some pmed at wireless wave to get $50 prepaid MasterCard.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
I just got off of Fido chat about my referral situation and they were almost completely useless. I keep getting a message that I'm at my limit, but I'm not. They said that I have two codes that were generated without the person's name or email address 2 months ago. I don't even know how that's possible. They gave me the codes to use now.

Anyway, I guess I can help friends who activated in the last week but forgot to get a code generated before hand.

If you get a message that you can't refer anymore, but you know you haven't reached your limit and you have a lot of patience chat with Fido to get your missing codes.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
torontotim wrote: Wondering if anyone has done this deal through Bestbuy and gotten the $50 BB GC on top of the deal? Page 31 of the current flyer.
A few people have, but it's 3rd party so the BB rep has to call everything into Fido anyway. The risk of having all the promo and referral codes entered correctly is higher and you may face a headache of sorting it out with Fido yourself afterward if you have billing errors. iirc, the $50 GC is also subject to EasyPay to make it eligible.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2013
1766 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote: Some got the GC and some pmed at wireless wave to get $50 prepaid MasterCard.
It's a hit or miss, major YMMV, the one I went to the csr of wireless wave 'kindly' rejected the price match.
Mar 7, 2006
217 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I am trying to get the free tablet and 2 reps told me the promotion is no longer available.

Did you call into Fido or went to a store?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kmchow wrote: Are there dual sim phones that can operate on both lte/4g. The 3 dual sim phones i have, only 1 sim can operate at lte/4g/3g, the 2nd sim slot can only operate at 2g.
As far as I know most, if not all, dualies are 4G/LTE enabled for both sim slots, but only one can handle 4G/LTE at any given time. So you would need to manually switch services between the 2 slots. By switch I mean via the menu settings, not physically swap sims.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
notchy wrote: I am trying to get the free tablet and 2 reps told me the promotion is no longer available.

Store is the easiest way to go. You can also keeping chatting until you find the right one.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
If you already have the 3GB/$15 data plan with Fido, here's the easiest and fastest way to get the LG G Pad III and $50 Best Buy gift card:

1. Go to Rogers/Fido LG G Pad III 8.0" 16GB Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) LTE Tablet - Indigo Black and reserve for in-store pickup.
2. When you get the pick-up e-mail go to the BB Mobile store.
3. Tell them you want the promo and you've already got a Fido account and are on the 3GB/$15 data plan. Give the agent your Fido account number and phone number. Tell them you want to do a "Device upgrade" to the free LG G Pad. Do not let them terminate your existing plan.
4. They'll get you to sign a whole bunch of contract stuff. It's essentially what you originally agreed to plus the 2-year commitment to get the $240 LG G Pad as an "Economic inducement."
5. Check the Account Maintenance Agreement. Mine shows, among other things:

Clipboard01.jpg

I also checked my Fido online account when I got home. It still shows 3GB/month Mobile Internet Rate Plan at $15.00. They have now added the LG G Pad as " Next Upgrade: December 04, 2018, Upgrade Today Fee: $240.00" which makes sense.
6. You're good to go. Remember to get the $50 gift card. [Added: The $50 GC offer is now on a YMMV basis.]

Note that with an upgrade you won't need a new SIM, you won't need to port your number from the original 3GB/$15 plan and you won't need to cancel the original plan. This upgrade essentially does all of that automatically. The downside, of course, is that you can't do a referral because it's not a new account. Then again if you did, you'd need to keep the referring account alive for 90 days which will eat $45 of the $50 referral.

Bottom line: Best Buy is paying you $35 ($50 GC less $15 activation fee) to get a free LG G Pad. You agree to pay Fido $15 for 2 years. Everything else, including the 3GB/month data and the phone number, stays the same. Some people have reported that it took an hour or more at Best Buy with phone calls to Fido and such to get the paperwork done properly on a "new" account. My "upgrade" took 15 minutes at most.
Last edited by bylo on Dec 4th, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bucklemyshoe wrote: It's a hit or miss, major YMMV, the one I went to the csr of wireless wave 'kindly' rejected the price match.
How "kindly" was he? Or was it more of a sneer? Confused Face
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
433 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
gameon12 wrote: I agree this works great on iOS (even the 4s) and android. Sadly my Windows 10 mobile didn't make the cut. Just be aware some wifi signals (eg public schools) block voip including fongo.
Fongo has an alternative connection option in the app settings. It may enable Fongo to bypass restrictive firewalls.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dgnr8 wrote: Does anyone else find their referral system absolutely terrible? You can't really tell when a code is redeemed and their online support can't confirm anything either.

Koodo's system is so much clearer.
dgnr8 wrote: I just got off of Fido chat about my referral situation and they were almost completely useless. I keep getting a message that I'm at my limit, but I'm not. They said that I have two codes that were generated without the person's name or email address 2 months ago. I don't even know how that's possible. They gave me the codes to use now.

Anyway, I guess I can help friends who activated in the last week but forgot to get a code generated before hand.

If you get a message that you can't refer anymore, but you know you haven't reached your limit and you have a lot of patience chat with Fido to get your missing codes.
You're right there! I can only tell if someone redeemed it. Even my friend who used the name and email I entered does not show status as activated, she definitely signed up.
The column under NAME shows me the person's name capitalized if the code was used to sign up, lower case for the ones still available. The STATUS side is all blank.

If it doesn't go through at all, why even show a difference under the NAME column? That's why I'm thinking it won't show activated until both parties reach 90d, or does anyone have an entry under STATUS?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
TSDH wrote: Fongo has an alternative connection option in the app settings. It may enable Fongo to bypass restrictive firewalls.
Tried that it doesn't work, if anyone can find a solution to get around those firewalls I would be super grateful. I hate turning wifi off at work to keep Fongo going.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
notchy wrote: I am trying to get the free tablet and 2 reps told me the promotion is no longer available.

Store is the best bet. A lot of people have called in and the rep has no idea or says the promo is over. You also need to check the contract emailed to you while in-store you can verify everything is right on the spot with the contract they hand you.
Rogido wrote: How "kindly" was he? Or was it more of a sneer? Confused Face
The Costco employee probably doesn't want to put in the time. It's a lot of work processing all the different angles and they have to wait too talking to Fido.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2013
1766 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote: How "kindly" was he? Or was it more of a sneer? Confused Face
"Sorry, we ran out of 50$ prepaid MC. I'll give you my card and you can try again during boxing week." Like bruh, the BB flyer ends on the 8th.. there will be no more price matching by then >_>