Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

$40 for 10gb *new activation only* YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 12:13 pm
Jul 31, 2004
322 posts
303 upvotes
Unionville
I just got this set up at the parkway mall location in Scarborough. It’s location specific so not all kiosks can do it as I went to east York town centre and they couldn’t do it.

Also, in order too get the activation waived you need a referral, or that’s what I was told at parkway. I actually knew someone who is on Fido so they just referred me through an online link and we’re both supposed to get a free month.

The sim was free at this location. Only waited 10 minutes for her to finish with another customer.

Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5497 posts
5144 upvotes
Toronto
bringit wrote: I just got this set up at the parkway mall location in Scarborough. It’s location specific so not all kiosks can do it as I went to east York town centre and they couldn’t do it.

Also, in order too get the activation waived you need a referral, or that’s what I was told at parkway. I actually knew someone who is on Fido so they just referred me through an online link and we’re both supposed to get a free month.

The sim was free at this location. Only waited 10 minutes for her to finish with another customer.

Good luck.
well that's slimy - for new accounts, you'd figure they would waive to get your business

can anyone else confirm this?
Jul 31, 2004
322 posts
303 upvotes
Unionville
Just to clarify, the activation is $50, and a referral I think is worth a free month. I think she meant a referral is equivalent to $50. That’s how I interpreted it. She was kind enough to offer a referral if I didn’t have one is all. I don’t think you get both a free month and the $50 waived.

I went in saying people are getting their activation waived. She responded waived? They must be doing the referral link because that’s a free month.

So I was good with that and proceeded with the setup. If people are getting both that’s an even better deal.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1933 posts
1755 upvotes
Canada
Noticed lately WoW and Wireless Wave stores only offer in store credit, they no longer give gift cards like those prepaid visa's, I have been out of touch visiting stores for deals but is this the new norm?

Also asked Wireless Wave about the $40/10GB Deal ($50-$10/24 months), he said we can do that, instead of offering the gift cards.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1686 posts
801 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm debating doing this online vs. in-store. Online there is $50 bill credit, and no activation fee (another $50), + 2 extra gb, but the monthly payment is $50. In-store you'll end up paying $50 activation as well as no bill credit, with a monthly cost of $40. Seems like online is cheaper for the first 10 or so months, with 2gb more data. Does that sound correct?
Jan 6, 2007
370 posts
217 upvotes
Is it correct to assume that Fido will have same coverage as Rogers?
Sep 27, 2020
164 posts
678 upvotes
Whygas wrote: Is it correct to assume that Fido will have same coverage as Rogers?
Yes
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12143 posts
111578 upvotes
Ontario
bringit wrote: Just to clarify, the activation is $50, and a referral I think is worth a free month. I think she meant a referral is equivalent to $50. That’s how I interpreted it. She was kind enough to offer a referral if I didn’t have one is all. I don’t think you get both a free month and the $50 waived.

I went in saying people are getting their activation waived. She responded waived? They must be doing the referral link because that’s a free month.

So I was good with that and proceeded with the setup. If people are getting both that’s an even better deal.
It’s 1 month free with referral
Plus
Activation fee $50 waived. Credit on 2nd or 3rd bill.
This has been ongoing for the last 2 weeks or so.
Samshares wrote: Noticed lately WoW and Wireless Wave stores only offer in store credit, they no longer give gift cards like those prepaid visa's, I have been out of touch visiting stores for deals but is this the new norm?

Also asked Wireless Wave about the $40/10GB Deal ($50-$10/24 months), he said we can do that, instead of offering the gift cards.
They changed since Jan 2020 or longer than that.
I asked wow ytd and they do have prepaid GC again.

I think it was mc
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Aug 25, 2021
1 posts
spicyfriednoods wrote: Can confirm this plan. Saw it at Pacific Center (Vancouver) yesterday. Fido, Virgin and Koodo are all offering $40/month for 10 GB for 24 months. I ended up switching to Koodo since I can also get extra $10 off/month on my Telus Home Wifi.

My Koodo plan:
  • $40/month for 24 months, and $50 thereafter for 10 GB
  • Unlimited text and talk Canada-wide
  • $50 activation fee on the first bill but $50 credit will be applied in the 2nd or 3rd billing
  • 1000 minutes to AUS, UK, S. KOR, INDIA, CHINA, HK

You can also get additional $50 credit for using refer-a-friend program when signing up.
Are you getting new Telus Home wifi too? I chat online and they saying new koodo can not get $10 off with existing telus account.
Aug 30, 2015
998 posts
707 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
just called Fido at Conestoga Mall in Waterloo and they told me it's 5$ credit for 24 months, so $45 for 10gb. I'd think this deal would be province-wide but apparently not? Anyone else with similar experience?
Jul 9, 2021
6 posts
8 upvotes
mikejonesrulez wrote: this is what i was told from online chat on the fido site. i am in calgary. was told the speed is 4g lte

$50 10GB plan + $10 off for 12 months
we waive the activation fees + extra $50 credit on first bill
Unlimited Canada-wide calling 24/7
Unlimited text/picture/video messages to any Canadian, US and International number
Call Display - Call Waiting - Conference Calling
Voicemail (up to 3 messages)
Data is paused if you reach 100% to prevent overage charges
Fido Roam for travel outside of Canada
Fido Xtra for exclusive discounts, freebies and contests on a weekly basis
5 FREE hours of unlimited data every month

i have signed up for this and when i log into my fido i noticed i am getting a bonus 2gb per month and am at 12gb
Jan 6, 2007
370 posts
217 upvotes
Called a couple of stores in London. Only offering 5 off for 1st line. Additional 5 off for 2nd line. Cannot waive the activation fees
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5497 posts
5144 upvotes
Toronto
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Is this available in ontario as well?
would like to know as well

seems like the $10 credit for 24 months is only for people out west
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1085 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
Got 10GB for $40, but the location only offered to waive half the activation fee. Seems like there's lots off B2S promotions out there, but it varies store to store depending on what they are (or the manager?) willing to offer?

OP thanked as I was in the market for a new plan! Was getting 2GB for $43 prior to this as a 20+ year account with Bell... pretty sad.

By the way, for any new sign ups, don't forget to check your Fido Xtra! I see a bonus $10 for signing up for automatic payments and a $5 bonus welcome gift! Everything counts, right?
Screenshot_20210826-154045_My Account.jpg
Screenshot_20210826-153440_My Account.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5497 posts
5144 upvotes
Toronto
lynn24 wrote: Got 10GB for $40, but the location only offered to waive half the activation fee. Seems like there's lots off B2S promotions out there, but it varies store to store depending on what they are (or the manager?) willing to offer?

OP thanked as I was in the market for a new plan! Was getting 2GB for $43 prior to this as a 20+ year account with Bell... pretty sad.

By the way, for any new sign ups, don't forget to check your Fido Xtra! I see a bonus $10 for signing up for automatic payments and a $5 bonus welcome gift! Everything counts, right?
.Screenshot_20210826-154045_My Account.jpg
Screenshot_20210826-153440_My Account.jpg
which location?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5497 posts
5144 upvotes
Toronto
lynn24 wrote: Agincourt Mall (Scarborough)
thanks, congrats

was your deal 12 or 24 months?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1085 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: thanks, congrats

was your deal 12 or 24 months?
24 months
Sep 21, 2017
13 posts
6 upvotes
Thanked OP. Got a cheaper deal (for less) at 290 Queen W. $35 for 4GB. $40/10GB is also available. Sweet
Mar 24, 2021
11 posts
9 upvotes
umshanq wrote: Are you getting new Telus Home wifi too? I chat online and they saying new koodo can not get $10 off with existing telus account.
Yes I joined a new contract on my Telus home wifi (the previous 2 year contract ended last month). You need to talk to the Telus Home Wifi side for the $10 off, the discount is not going to be on your Koodo bill.

https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bundles/internet-tv-phone/add-home-services

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)