Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

4GB CPO Huawei tablet plan for $5/mth (Existing Customers only, 24 mth agreement, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 6:38 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes

[Fido] 4GB CPO Huawei tablet plan for $5/mth (Existing Customers only, 24 mth agreement, YMMV)

Previous thread in Expired Hot Deals, "4GB tablet plan + CPO Tablet For $5/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)"
fido-4gb-tablet-plan-cpo-tablet-5-mo-ex ... v-2385712/

FYI: I am currently a Fido talk, text & data client.

I was on the phone with a Fido CSR earlier this week and at the end I decided to ask the person if the CPO Huawei Mediapad T5 CPO deal was available since it was still on their website (see attached). I could not sign up myself (see attached).

The CSR was able to add the 4GB/mth data service and a "free" CPO Huawei Mediapad T5 10" tablet to my account at "$5.00/mth" on a 24 month contract.

This morning, my tablet arrived with the SIM card, the charger and a charging cable. I wouldn't have known that this was a CPO item were it not for the missing protective tape, missing manuals and the lack of earphones if new ones come with those. I am currently charging it and updating some software.

The hard to decipher Fido cost/math looks something like this;

(1) Tablet $324.00 x 1.13 (Ont) = $366.12
(2) $366.12/24 mth = $15.25/mth
(3) Cellular Data Service = $10.00/mth
(4) Tablet and data service credits= ($324.00/24 = $13.50) + $5 for a CPO tablet = $18.50cr/mth

Net Fido (Rogers) math = (2) + (3) - (4) = $15.25 + $10.00 - $18.50 = $6.75/mth

Maybe I'm missing something :rolleyes: , but that's not $$5.00 x 1.13 = $5.65. Yes I maybe getting the shaft on their tax calculation.

I was also charged the $40.00 activation fee although the CSR said I would not be. I'll wait to see my first 3 bills to see if that gets credited back to me. No SIM fee.

YMMV, but you can't win if you don't try.

Update
I only received the 16gb one. Less hot, but it will still serve my basic intentions.
George1616 wrote: Did you get the 16gb or 32gb T5 tablet as CPO?
Images
  • Fido CPO.JPG
  • Fido CPO website 1.JPG
  • Fido CPO Something went wrong.JPG
  • image0.jpeg
Last edited by MrMom on Sep 11th, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1850 upvotes
North Vancouver
I have the same Fido offer but with a Samsung tablet and I received a credit for the $40 set-up fee on the second invoice.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Nov 23, 2018
612 posts
842 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Not a good deal if you pay an extra 5$ on it. Usually you pay -5$ for having it.
Jul 2, 2016
889 posts
2362 upvotes
MrMom wrote: Previous thread in Expired Hot Deals, "4GB tablet plan + CPO Tablet For $5/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)"

I was on the phone with a Fido CSR earlier this week and at the end I decided to ask the person if the CPO Huawei Mediapad T5 CPO deal was available since it was still on their website (see attached). I could not sign up myself (see attached).

The CSR was able to add the 4GB/mth data service and a "free" CPO Huawei Mediapad T5 10" tablet to my account at "$5.00/mth" on a 24 month contract.

This morning, my tablet arrived with the SIM card, the charger and a charging cable. I wouldn't have known that this was a CPO item were it not for the missing protective tape, missing manuals and the lack of earphones if new ones come with those. I am currently charging it and updating some software.

(4) Tablet and data service credits= ($324.00/24 = $13.50) + $5 for a CPO tablet = $18.50cr/mth

Maybe I'm missing something :rolleyes: , but that's not $$5.00 x 1.13 = $5.65. Yes I maybe getting the shaft on their tax calculation.

I was also charged the $40.00 activation fee although the CSR said I would not be. I'll wait to see my first 3 bills to see if that gets credited back to me. No SIM fee.

Did you get the 16gb or 32gb T5 tablet as CPO?
Jul 2, 2016
889 posts
2362 upvotes
MrMom wrote: Previous thread in Expired Hot Deals, "4GB tablet plan + CPO Tablet For $5/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)"

Update
I only received the 16gb one. Less hot, but it will still serve my basic intentions.
I was able to get the 32gb Huawei tablet for $10 a month but with 6gb of data and no activation fee at the Fido store.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1878 posts
1030 upvotes
yeah have this plan first month bill was messed up but 2nd month only 5 a month. Can't complain at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
Is there a way to get on the Fido tablet plan without being a customer first? Fido seems to have the best tablet plan atm but I'm with Freedom
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
@Feels Good Man There are a few Fido promo's running right now to entice FM wireless clients if you are able and willing to port your account over. These threads have been near the top of the Hot Deals section for a few days now, so I assume you will have seen them.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Jul 4, 2016
31 posts
5 upvotes
Kanata
The Huawei tablet is really terrible. Very sluggish and slow. Also very little space.
Nov 2, 2004
178 posts
121 upvotes
khalnayak37 wrote: The Huawei tablet is really terrible. Very sluggish and slow. Also very little space.
to improve the speed of the tablet, go to developer options and put background process to 1. That makes sure android doesn't keep other apps open. I've been able to run most games without issue.

the space issue is a problem, android removed the ability to install apps on SD card. so only files can be stored on SD card, which really limits the tablets potential.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
Got it for $0 with $0.00/month and $0 activation few months ago when that offer was going on...rocking 2x this deal, so this is not as good, but i suppose not bad.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7781 upvotes
Vancouver
Feels Good Man wrote: Is there a way to get on the Fido tablet plan without being a customer first? Fido seems to have the best tablet plan atm but I'm with Freedom
See this ongoing thread first.

There are better options discussed. It is up-to-date, so Read OP & Thread Summary 1st please!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1878 posts
1030 upvotes
xiaohua wrote: to improve the speed of the tablet, go to developer options and put background process to 1. That makes sure android doesn't keep other apps open. I've been able to run most games without issue.

the space issue is a problem, android removed the ability to install apps on SD card. so only files can be stored on SD card, which really limits the tablets potential.
yeah i wish i went with the samsung instead
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
dairymandip wrote: yeah i wish i went with the samsung instead
I got both n the Samsung is rly weak on games
Signature removed due to rule violation
Nov 2, 2004
178 posts
121 upvotes
dairymandip wrote: yeah i wish i went with the samsung instead
huawei is better, only problem is android disabling installation of apps to SD card. I can't find a way around it.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2013
1066 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Just FYI, I got a text from Fido (see attached), phoned them to see what it’s about and sure enough they’re giving it away for free. Absolutely none out of pocket for 24months. After that, $10/mo for the 4gb data. But I can cancel it and keep the tablet.
Images
  • 153DA91D-61CA-4BF5-8A4E-62CB0A8EEDE3.jpeg
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
Kayceern wrote: Just FYI, I got a text from Fido (see attached), phoned them to see what it’s about and sure enough they’re giving it away for free. Absolutely none out of pocket for 24months. After that, $10/mo for the 4gb data. But I can cancel it and keep the tablet.
Thanks for the info. It looks like Fido is rolling out another "Free Tablet/Free 4GB data" promotion. I did get one last go-around. :-)
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
@Kayceern Great news. I'm still in my 15 day trial period and will see it I can get the same offer. Thanks for posting.
Dec 23, 2018
102 posts
151 upvotes
Got the tablet and data plan 100% off for 24 months, after bothering the live chat agent for a while :)

Got it for -$5/month for the tablet for 24 months, which reduces monthly data plane from $10 to $5 per month for 24 months. Got additional $5 off for adding it as a 2nd line.
$40 activation will be waived in 3rd bill.

Haven't received it yet but that's what the live agent said.

I didn't get any offers etc, just tried my luck, worked on 2nd attempt.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Sold out of Huawei CPO T5 tablets. Reported to be moved to expired deals