Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1162 posts
196 upvotes
The method in summary didn’t work or at least for me. Ordered store pick up 2 days ago but still can’t login my account. Checked online with CSR and told have to activate the SIM first then can login.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
skywalker wrote: The method in summary didn’t work or at least for me. Ordered store pick up 2 days ago but still can’t login my account. Checked online with CSR and told have to activate the SIM first then can login.
Someone might have been keeping an eye on this thread and has since closed the loophole Smiling Face With Horns
Dec 5, 2009
332 posts
298 upvotes
I got my Tab 5 in August 2020 and the device balance had been reducing every month as shown on my bills. The device balance in Feb 2021 was approx. $250 and now when I check my account, the device balance is 0. Has anyone who had the CPO Tab5 from last year seen the device balance drop to 0?
Dec 27, 2020
57 posts
101 upvotes
panda1 wrote: I got my Tab 5 in August 2020 and the device balance had been reducing every month as shown on my bills. The device balance in Feb 2021 was approx. $250 and now when I check my account, the device balance is 0. Has anyone who had the CPO Tab5 from last year seen the device balance drop to 0?
Yes, mine also shows 0 balance, but if you click the "upgrade my device", next page will show "Device balance remaining: $xxx" correctly.
Quite confusing and misleading.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
my attempt at adding another -12.50 line, threw "exceeded maximum number of lines allowed" error. fido support team investigating since their system shows i have room for two more lines
Dec 5, 2009
332 posts
298 upvotes
J8Vanc wrote: Yes, mine also shows 0 balance, but if you click the "upgrade my device", next page will show "Device balance remaining: $xxx" correctly.
Quite confusing and misleading.
Thanks. I checked now and I can see the device balance when I try to upgrade the device. I was concerned that i will be billed for the full device balance after reading about the overbilling by Fido.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
Got a call from Fido, the lady told me that the T5 CPO is no longer available and it's not on back order, so I have to cancel the order and reorder a ZTE.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
I just picked up the ZTE Grand View X 4 at the store, a few guys there are picking up. Can't really go wrong to have a 2nd line for $5. Since I have Fido EPP, I can apply my 50% off and effectively makes it free.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
emiabe wrote: For those who received a wrong bill showing full price of the tablet for cpo data only plan, did the change in amount due on overview page happen in 2 stages?

Yesterday after I received the new bill I chatted: I was told the correction will be made in 7 business days. I received 3 emails today: first one titled “Fido - Revised Agreement …”, second and third “Fido account change confirmation … ”.

Now the overview page show much lower amount than yesterday, but still a bit higher than expected. This is my 5th data-only line, so I know how to estimate the pro-rated amount for the 5th line. I cannot see Fido’s breakdown calculation, but it seems $20.42 was charged for the 5th line. My estimate was ~ $6 less.

I think without pro-ration 15 + tax = $16.95 in ON. This is the max $ expected for CPO data plan for the 1st month. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks.
I was originally going to be billed the full price of the tablet by mistake. I noticed that the line was added onto the account as BYOD the same day the tablet was shipped. Sent a private message over social media (didn't really want to spend the time to stick around and wait for it to be fixed) and they submitted a ticket and I got a new service agreement with the financing attached to it the next day. However, I don't see the bill credit anywhere on the paperwork, so I'm curious how it'll look when the invoice prints.

Has anyone had any trouble before contacting them when you only have a tablet line on your account? Do they try to terminate you?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Anyone got an idea how does your account looks like ? I picked up the ZTE View 4 at the store and never received the Fido Payment Finance agreement, only received the service agreement indicating I am on month to month at $10/4GB.

Nowhere mentioning the promotional discounts or agreement terms. I then chat with Fido and they confirmed there is no hardware on the data line and asked me to wait for the bill to confirm all the charges and they can adjust the bill if it is incorrect.

Seems like I am getting a free tablet?
Apr 21, 2011
114 posts
36 upvotes
Kitchener
Considering that the pick-up in-store no-show trick doesn’t work anymore, what’s the easiest way to get this for someone who isn’t an existing Fido customer?

I’m thinking of just ordering a plan online, getting it shipped home, activating the plan, getting the 4 GB tablet plan, and then cancelling the parent plan.

Would something like this work, without incurring fees or anything?

Also, I’m from Ontario, but to save tax, can I ask Fido to give me an Alberta number, without an Alberta address?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3176 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
At least give us the Samsung tablet Fido, not this Huawei if it's $5/month
I had the Samsung given to me during black Friday when I got the line for free
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
soupball wrote: Considering that the pick-up in-store no-show trick doesn’t work anymore, what’s the easiest way to get this for someone who isn’t an existing Fido customer?

I’m thinking of just ordering a plan online, getting it shipped home, activating the plan, getting the 4 GB tablet plan, and then cancelling the parent plan.

Would something like this work, without incurring fees or anything?

Also, I’m from Ontario, but to save tax, can I ask Fido to give me an Alberta number, without an Alberta address?
That's the very "original" method of having a data line. If you order online there won't be any activation fees but the mobile plan will be prorated.

As of numbers, I am not sure if you can ask a number that far, when I was trying to add a line today, the selection is really limited to my surrounding areas.
Apr 21, 2011
114 posts
36 upvotes
Kitchener
keshan wrote: That's the very "original" method of having a data line. If you order online there won't be any activation fees but the mobile plan will be prorated.
So just to clarify what you’re saying, if I order the plan and cancel it, I’ll have to pay for the time I had it (a few days at most)? Is that what you mean by “prorated”? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: Anyone got an idea how does your account looks like ? I picked up the ZTE View 4 at the store and never received the Fido Payment Finance agreement, only received the service agreement indicating I am on month to month at $10/4GB.

Nowhere mentioning the promotional discounts or agreement terms. I then chat with Fido and they confirmed there is no hardware on the data line and asked me to wait for the bill to confirm all the charges and they can adjust the bill if it is incorrect.

Seems like I am getting a free tablet?
Have you asked if there are any pending charges? Usually if it’s screwed up like that, they billed the full price of the tablet to your next invoice. They will correct it when you ask them.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
soupball wrote: So just to clarify what you’re saying, if I order the plan and cancel it, I’ll have to pay for the time I had it (a few days at most)? Is that what you mean by “prorated”? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
That's right, if you act quick, a few days is enough to get it done.
Apr 17, 2006
190 posts
106 upvotes
EugW wrote: This ZTE Grand X View 4 tablet is utter junk. I got this tablet and the tablet plan free on my Rogers Infinite wireless account - net monthly cost of exactly $0. After I tried it out, I just returned the tablet and gave up the free tablet plan because the tablet is basically unusable IMO unless you have a very high tolerance for pain, and I hadn't purchased another cellular tablet yet to use the SIM with.

I'm waiting for Rogers to either update the free offer to include the Samsung Tab A 8.4, or else update the ZTE to a new model or something else before I try to get the free deal again. (Other people were able to get the Samsung for free, but they never offered that one to me.)
ZTE's device business is pretty much dying. I kind of think it is Rogers asking to bring in these cheap OEM garbage.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
hohoho321 wrote: I tried to order CPO Samsung Tab A 8.4 using "Add a line" feature but it sent me back to the "Home / Wireless / Phones" page where only the New version (not CPO) version is listed. Can someone try to see if you can successfully navigate into the "BUILD YOUR PLAN" page for CPO TAB A 8.4?
That's because the Samsung CPO is no longer available in the ordering system, so it takes you back to the store screen meaning you have to choose a different tablet.

Well, I chose the T5 CPO while it was seemingly available, but was told later that it wasn't available anymore :-(
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
Just to reiterate, try getting the data only plan without a talk/text plan via Fido Chat, worked for me on first try, Rep had no problem giving it to me with no talk plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)