Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 4:42 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1890 posts
737 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
maho wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:07 am
Is 3GB/month mentioned in the signed agreement or online account at fido.ca ?
That was the plan that I signed up for at Best Buy. All of my bills have shown the correct amounts and online it shows correctly as well (or at least it did.. last time I checked it said it couldn't display my usage)
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3439 posts
2020 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I was able to refer my self. It's like super easy. Generate code on fido My Account, give code to the person activating, then $50 bill credit on the third bill. Using my data for random stuff like watching Netflix and and spotify streaming.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Oct 4, 2008
344 posts
83 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:55 am
Its not YMMV its 100% granted, you just need to add a the new line with a different user (under your own account). The details in the OP.
Its spelled out right in the page you linked:
Thanks for clarification!
Oct 4, 2008
344 posts
83 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 1:43 pm
That was the plan that I signed up for at Best Buy. All of my bills have shown the correct amounts and online it shows correctly as well (or at least it did.. last time I checked it said it couldn't display my usage)
Perhaps you also ask for compensation because of Fido's mistakes and your effort/time.....
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1850 posts
1357 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I chat with Fido CSR, they told me I can't have this plan as I am not Fido customer.
I just went to Best Buy, No luck, he told me I must be Fido customer to sign up for this plan.

Look like I am Out Of Luck
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1620 posts
481 upvotes
Hey Folks,
Is there anyone having this plan with a tablet on 2yrs contract,
who was able to get a 50% loyalty discount after 6 months?

I'm already past 6 months contract, intended to try, but wondering what is the best way, phone, chat, in-store, etc?

Thank you in advance!
Jan 12, 2017
344 posts
164 upvotes
Tichi wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 3:07 pm
Hey Folks,
Is there anyone having this plan with a tablet on 2yrs contract,
who was able to get a 50% loyalty discount after 6 months?

I'm already past 6 months contract, intended to try, but wondering what is the best way, phone, chat, in-store, etc?

Thank you in advance!
Someone reported getting it, but they had the naked plan first and it was likely that the discount was grandfathered from that. Haven't heard of anyone else with a tablet getting the discount.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16547 posts
6445 upvotes
Oakville
cheapshopper wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 3:00 pm
I chat with Fido CSR, they told me I can't have this plan as I am not Fido customer.
I just went to Best Buy, No luck, he told me I must be Fido customer to sign up for this plan.

Look like I am Out Of Luck
Some people have reported being able to sign up for the cheapest BYOD data+talk+text plan, then adding on the data plan, and then cancelling the BYOD plan the next day. YMMV on this I guess.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1890 posts
737 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
maho wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 2:16 pm
Perhaps you also ask for compensation because of Fido's mistakes and your effort/time.....
I absolutely did!
They're supposed to respond within 1 business day. Have not received a response yet..
This space for rent.
Aug 22, 2001
908 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
With respect to the Loyalty discount, I had no luck.

I originally signed up for the "naked" (BYOD, no free tablet) 3GB plan in September. When the free tablet promotion came up, I signed up for that (under same account, different name) and cancelled the "naked" line. I was told by Live Chat that since I have a device under contract that no Loyalty discount could be applied.
Dec 6, 2012
245 posts
112 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Lyper wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 8:44 pm
Android.
I have been using VoIP.ms on android for the last six month. I have no regrets whatsoever. I use groundwire with push notifications and I love it. I have tried sip apps like csipsimple and Zoiper but I sometimes miss calls.
Invest in a good sip application like groundwire or acrobits that has push notifications to avoid missed calls.
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
4 posts
I have the 2gb plan which was available a while ago.

I'm going to try and upgrade to the 3gb, anyone else in the same situation?
Jan 13, 2009
359 posts
104 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 3:20 pm
Some people have reported being able to sign up for the cheapest BYOD data+talk+text plan, then adding on the data plan, and then cancelling the BYOD plan the next day. YMMV on this I guess.
in that case, how do you get $25 referral bonus? do you apply the code when you activate BYOD data+talk+text plan (which you will cancel next day) or do you apply it when you activate data only plan?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18698 posts
9825 upvotes
Kitchener
elfion wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 6:39 pm
in that case, how do you get $25 referral bonus? do you apply the code when you activate BYOD data+talk+text plan (which you will cancel next day) or do you apply it when you activate data only plan?
Don't use referral for the plan you are cancelling, get a referral from a friend and only use it with the data only plan.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1620 posts
481 upvotes
Mickey21444 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 3:12 pm
Someone reported getting it, but they had the naked plan first and it was likely that the discount was grandfathered from that. Haven't heard of anyone else with a tablet getting the discount.
hmm.. ok thank you.. I will try tho ... I did not have any prior plan, went straight for the tablet one...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)