Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
206bw wrote: Off topic but is anyone having issues connecting to LTE+ on Fido in Toronto?

I was with Telus previously and I'm on LTE+ majority of the time. After switching to Fido, I might briefly get LTE+ for 30 seconds sometime, but 99.9% of the time i'm stuck on LTE

Phone is Canadian S8, tried factory reset, flashing to fido CSC ect, no luck
which phones support LTE+, i wonder if freedom will ever get these speeds
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
206bw wrote: Off topic but is anyone having issues connecting to LTE+ on Fido in Toronto?

I was with Telus previously and I'm on LTE+ majority of the time. After switching to Fido, I might briefly get LTE+ for 30 seconds sometime, but 99.9% of the time i'm stuck on LTE

Phone is Canadian S8, tried factory reset, flashing to fido CSC ect, no luck
I have a Galaxy S8 also and I have the same issue as you but in Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2335 posts
574 upvotes
bylo wrote: Is your plan "naked" or part of a "free" tablet promo? If the former then you're not on contract and can leave at any time. That's what the 50% off discount is supposed to address. But if the latter then you're on a 2-year contract. They already have you by the ETF balls so there's no reason to offer any further discount.
I'm on the "naked" plan with no tablet. I'll try again later. I asked via the online live chat window. No big deal. $15 a month for 3G is darn good already. I hardly use much cell data anyways.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
HunkaHunkaBurningLove wrote: No big deal. $15 a month for 3G is darn good already. I hardly use much cell data anyways.
Yabbut $7.50/month is twice as good a deal. Keep trying. The satisfaction of getting the discount alone is worth it.
veni, vidi, Visa
Banned
May 30, 2013
255 posts
643 upvotes
Walked into Best Buy today, signed up for the $15 data plan, got GPad 4 for $0 and $50 BB gift card.
Sep 3, 2013
55 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
kylin18 wrote: Walked into Best Buy today, signed up for the $15 data plan, got GPad 4 for $0 and $50 BB gift card.

What promo did they gave you?
Nov 18, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
kylin18 wrote: Walked into Best Buy today, signed up for the $15 data plan, got GPad 4 for $0 and $50 BB gift card.
Hi, Be carefully and check your invoice within 15 days, I bought the same plan but the sale person at Best buy never said anything about $10.00 charge per month for 24 months, after I found out ,it was over 15 days and can not cancel.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
Does WOW offer this plan?

What can I get with the 50$ old phone trade-in ?

Update: WOW says they don't offer this plan. Odd..
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Aug 29, 2007
489 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
My friend's data only plan without tablet has been disconcerted in his cell phone , did fido block him because of using on his cell?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
sam_b_d wrote: My friend's data only plan without tablet has been disconcerted in his cell phone , did fido block him because of using on his cell?
Did he go over 8gb?
Aug 16, 2008
627 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
sam_b_d wrote: My friend's data only plan without tablet has been disconcerted in his cell phone , did fido block him because of using on his cell?
ummm disconnected? Did he get an email from Fido saying he has been disconnected, plan cancelled, suspended for non-payment? Maybe just something wrong with his SIM? Maybe something wrong with his phone? I can assure you after using this for a year on 3 cell phones you don't get disconnected.
Fido $5/4gb + CPO tablet X1
Aug 29, 2007
489 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for everyone's respond,the problem was technical and been solved.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
Has anyone been successful at signing up for this plan as a stand alone recently ?
Banned
May 30, 2013
255 posts
643 upvotes
johnlee2017 wrote: Hi, Be carefully and check your invoice within 15 days, I bought the same plan but the sale person at Best buy never said anything about $10.00 charge per month for 24 months, after I found out ,it was over 15 days and can not cancel.
I checked and double checked, there is no extra $10 tab. Even the best buy associate made sure on the call to mention that there is no extra $10 tab per month and took down the Fido agent name and reference #. After I came home and checked the contract again, it also does not have the $10. I called Fido myself and checked the same.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2004
1177 posts
72 upvotes
johnlee2017 wrote: This data plan with a free tablet on Black Friday is not free.
I am also got sucked in this ,this is what I got, $15.00 per month for the data 3G and $10.00 extra per month for 24 month to financing the tablet, so the tablet is not free .Tried to argue after I realize the the mistake,the sale girl at Best Buy said the $0 is up front signing only and I did not check the contract carefully. I was not told anything at time of signing about the $10.00 per month extra for 24 months or giving any contract to read. I thought I was getting the same deal as very one were talking about on RedFlagDeal. Calling FIDO ,they said it is after 15 days that I can not cancel .So the cost of the tablet is $240 - Best buy $50.00 gift card at $190.00.The sad thing is that I don't really need the tablet but I thought It is free and why not.
Would u consider to buy out the tablet and cancel the plan? They might offer you 50% off for the plan as a loyalty discount. Although it's not much but better than nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jkyc wrote: Would u consider to buy out the tablet and cancel the plan? They might offer you 50% off for the plan as a loyalty discount. Although it's not much but better than nothing.
See the post directly below johnlee2017's: fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-byod-no-contr ... #p28877607

It seems he got the wrong plan. This used to happen often the year before as well. He may be able to take this up with Best Buy since they're the ones who sold him the wrong plan, but I suspect by now it's too late.

In any case, in addition to cancelling the plan, paying the ETF and trying to get the 50% "loyalty" discount, it should also be possible to sell the tablet on Kijiji for ~$150.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1241 posts
452 upvotes
I thought I had been disconnected as well recently on my cellphone... no data would connect. Reset the phone and its working again
Feb 8, 2018
4 posts
3 upvotes
Has anybody been able to get this plan as a standalone anywhere in Calgary. I have tried numerous places and all are very strict that you must be a voice customer.
Nov 18, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
bylo wrote: See the post directly below johnlee2017's: fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-byod-no-contr ... #p28877607

It seems he got the wrong plan. This used to happen often the year before as well. He may be able to take this up with Best Buy since they're the ones who sold him the wrong plan, but I suspect by now it's too late.

In any case, in addition to cancelling the plan, paying the ETF and trying to get the 50% "loyalty" discount, it should also be possible to sell the tablet on Kijiji for ~$150.
[/quote

No, I went to FIDO store before and I know exactly what the plan is ,but BestBuy offered another $50.00. So I told BestBuy I want the same plan being promoted on Black Friday week.How could the sale staff make
such mistake. I am wondering if the sales at BestBuy get some kind of bonus if they sell the costly plan. I checked online my account next day, I saw 2G data plan registered. I even called in to tell them it should be 3G .My online account no mention of extra $10.00 per month for 24 month until the credit card statement came.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)