Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 8:48 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18802 posts
9936 upvotes
Kitchener
phil1505 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 12:41 am
when you sign up to WhatsApp, you need to provide cell# and confirm it after they send confirmation msg, same with Uber .. etc.
He was referencing your confirmation of the agreement with Fido, there is a section where the charges (included in the base price and extras) are detailed, if it lists voice and SMS then that mean your plan is capable of sending/receiving voice/sms at the rates specified in the agreement.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18802 posts
9936 upvotes
Kitchener
phil1505 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 1:02 am
Yes I did , Huawei MediaPad T3 10
Manual says it supports SMS (and voice) on "some" models, if your tablet has a messaging app pre-installed then see my reply Hernani81 couple of posts above.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10055 posts
1530 upvotes
thanks, finally got my first 50%/24months after using the plan for more than 2 years.
Feb 24, 2017
185 posts
61 upvotes
nono82 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 6:57 pm
Tried getting loyalty discount for my plans last Friday via live chat. Asked them if there is any loyalty discount available for me after my 100% discount has ended. The agent apologized and said no. I had mentioned my friend got the discounts but no go.
Tried via live chat again today. Told the agent that my loyalty discount has ended and asked for loyalty discounts and promotions. I let the agent know I am thinking whether to keep this plan. She offered 50% off 24 months right away and I was also able to get my contract renewed for a free Samsung tab A. Transaction fee was waived.
Guess I should try online chat again as I have not been successful in getting a 'renewal' to get a free tablet.
Sep 4, 2007
154 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
82 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 12:05 pm
thanks, finally got my first 50%/24months after using the plan for more than 2 years.
did u sign a contract? if so, did u get a tablet? Could you tell me more detail? my contract just ended, I'm going to call them to get 50% off.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10055 posts
1530 upvotes
I had the LG G Pad III more than 2 years ago. Off contract some months ago. The 24 months offer is no contract. I didn't bother to ask for a new tablet because I don't like the current free selection.
yuanw wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 2:44 pm
did u sign a contract? if so, did u get a tablet? Could you tell me more detail? my contract just ended, I'm going to call them to get 50% off.
Oct 19, 2006
27 posts
5 upvotes
Tried half a dozen places in ottawa to get the 15$ plan as is without a base phone plan with no luck. All resellers said I need a monthly plan to sign up.
Aug 27, 2012
267 posts
791 upvotes
Vancouver
Ah I see well that’s good then :-) Still seems like a somewhat petty move but understandable as long as it’s specified which phone in services you’ll be charged extra for I suppose it’s ok. I’m still mostly bitter yet they went and increased the $60 10GB plan a few weeks back...
aasoror wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 10:07 pm
Only for services that can be completed using existing self-serve options.

In other words, if you would rather not serve yourself you need to pay for someone to serve you.

You also might want to link to the original article instead: https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/03/23/fido ... elf-serve/
Those guys have nothing of value to add the content they copy/paste off other websites.
Dec 16, 2009
174 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
So I got the iPad with the $15/month 3GB plan today and I tried getting 50% off for 2 years via live chat. They were telling me that I would have use the plan for 3 months first before I could get any discounts. Is that true? or should I try again? I've been a Fido wireless customer for a couple years now.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18802 posts
9936 upvotes
Kitchener
raydizzle wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 8:09 pm
So I got the iPad with the $15/month 3GB plan today and I tried getting 50% off for 2 years via live chat. They were telling me that I would have use the plan for 3 months first before I could get any discounts. Is that true? or should I try again? I've been a Fido wireless customer for a couple years now.
Yeah try again, fact is if you read the first post it tells you how to get 50% for 2 years at sign up time (no need to call live chat later on), if you go further into thread summary it gets even better, there is a how-to to get 100% off at sign up too.
Keep on trying man, if they refuse just cancel the line, return the ipad then read the first post (and thread summary) then try again.

Good luck,
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Does Fido have a win-back call if you place a future date cancellation?
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18802 posts
9936 upvotes
Kitchener
john5170 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 6:00 am
Does Fido have a win-back call if you place a future date cancellation?
As far as these data plans go, it was never reported in this thread.
Oct 8, 2016
29 posts
19 upvotes
raydizzle wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 8:09 pm
Have you had a data only plan before? If this is your first data only plan then yes, you have to wait 3 months (maybe 6 because you have the tablet). If you have had a data only plan before, and you just signed a new 2 years to get the iPad, then you might be able to get the discount.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5034 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Toweringbarracuda wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 7:52 am
Have you had a data only plan before? If this is your first data only plan then yes, you have to wait 3 months (maybe 6 because you have the tablet). If you have had a data only plan before, and you just signed a new 2 years to get the iPad, then you might be able to get the discount.
You can still get 50% off with a free tablet after 3 months.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2823 posts
1010 upvotes
Montreal
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 8:50 am
You can still get 50% off with a free tablet after 3 months.
If you're on an agreement it's 6 months. The reasoning behind it is that you're less likely to cancel with a high device balance.