Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
TBBA29 wrote: Yes that's right.
Chatted yesterday with Fido on FB messenger, and they had
- 3GB/15$
- 49$ LG PAD
- No activation fee (15)
- self reference (25+25)

but in order to get the free activation, I would have needed to do it online.
Since I couldn't find how to do everything on my own, I decided to give BestBuy a call to see if it was also available in store...

I basically had the same deal that was available in December 2016:
- 3GB/15$
- 49$ LG PAD
- 50$ BB GC
- self reference (25+25)

Timing was perfect.
Thanks TBAA29.

Link to new thread
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
will888 wrote: I struck out today trying to get the 50% loyalty discount. I tried live chat and was told I was ineligible due to being on a device agreement. Not satisfied with that answer, I tried calling. I actually ended up getting a person in retention who found the discount and tried to apply it to the plan but could not. After much effort and some digging, he found that the plan was ineligible due to the device agreement. I don't sense this person gave me the quick answer, he really did give it a good effort. Maybe the door has been closed for those of us that got the plan with the tablet.
Yea, I keep getting told the same, I'm not "eligible, my account wasn't targeted"
ayosnato wrote: I was able to get in on the 50% off loyalty discount a few days ago. I am on the 2 yr contract since Dec when I switched from my non-contract 3GB/$15 data plan (which I had since Sept when they initially rolled it out) in order to get the free tablet.
The rep I chatted with looked at my acct and said that I am eligible. It will be applied on my next billing cycle.
Good luck!
See, this is what I don't understand. Some people with contracts have no problem
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
charge wrote: May be related to why some people were being charged tax on the tablet and some weren't.....?
if you are getting taxed on the tablet, you are on the wrong plan. it should be free and no economic inducement tax.

im just paying 15 plus tax (16.95 total) every month for 24months and i get a free tablet.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
While I'm waiting and continue to hope I'll be able to get the 50% off, I'm planning to change my number to AB to only pay 5% tax. Any comments about that? Personally I think I might get hit again for full charge for the month on old number, then full charge on the new number, unless they fixed it for data only tablet plans? Even if I wait until a new billing cycle, not sure if I should do it on last day, or first day of the new billing cycle to avoid headaches.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
god damn..i used mobdro app and streamed nba finals and now im over 1.3gbs...how much is that gonna cost me? thx
didn't know it was HD and eats up alot of data
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jan 12, 2017
368 posts
205 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: god damn..i used mobdro app and streamed nba finals and now im over 1.3gbs...how much is that gonna cost me? thx
$10/gb overage I believe it was. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Sep 18, 2008
280 posts
15 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: god damn..i used mobdro app and streamed nba finals and now im over 1.3gbs...how much is that gonna cost me? thx
It will cost you $20, $10 for every gigs.

If this your first time, you can call in and see if you can get some kind of credit related to data shock.

If you didn't get notification from fido, for using all of your data you can through crtc name in your argument and they might give you 100% credit, ymmv depending on the agent you get.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
You watch video on this plan without setting a usage limit?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
will888 wrote: You watch video on this plan without setting a usage limit?
Were you able to get the half off? It's a recurring trend saying my account "is no eligible". I think they might have updated the system or the way my account was setup it never was eligible
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Were you able to get the half off? It's a recurring trend saying my account "is no eligible". I think they might have updated the system or the way my account was setup it never was eligible
No, I am not successful yet. Maybe try again in a few weeks. I will report any success for the benefit of others.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
For those calling are you making sure it has been 6 months past the date you picked up the device? I picked up my device December 22nd so I won't be trying until June 23rd, instead of just trying any day in June.

Either way this is an awesome deal, why I really want the 50% off is for the discount on going over the 3gb.
Apr 1, 2004
743 posts
80 upvotes
any chance to get this plan without a fido line? tried fb chat with no luck.
superbigjay wrote: Chatted yesterday with Fido on FB messenger, and they had
- 3GB/15$
- 49$ LG PAD
- No activation fee (15)
- self reference (25+25)

but in order to get the free activation, I would have needed to do it online.
Since I couldn't find how to do everything on my own, I decided to give BestBuy a call to see if it was also available in store...

I basically had the same deal that was available in December 2016:
- 3GB/15$
- 49$ LG PAD
- 50$ BB GC
- self reference (25+25)

Timing was perfect.
Thanks TBAA29.

Link to new thread
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
packet1 wrote: any chance to get this plan without a fido line? tried fb chat with no luck.
this is probably hit and miss ...
I can't recommend a specific place/person ...
sorry
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2011
1073 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
packet1 wrote: any chance to get this plan without a fido line? tried fb chat with no luck.
If you are a Costco member, you might try them. I got mine in April and I've never had a Fido number.
Aug 16, 2008
627 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
I got 3 of these in Jan/Feb. (not the tablet plan...just the SIM.) The best bet seems to be independent mall kiosks who sell multiple providers.
Fido $5/4gb + CPO tablet X1
Sep 22, 2007
59 posts
20 upvotes
I was able to get it at the La Cabine T in Quebec. They are called Tbooth Wireless and have booths in shopping malls.
Jan 24, 2015
99 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal, QC
superbigjay wrote: The best i could find these days is 2gb +50$ lg pad with 2 yr contract
Is there anything better right now?
It's back to 3GB, if you find a place to get it.
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/tablets

Try Costco and let us know.
Post it when you find a place to get it without a cell plan!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
SylvainQC wrote: It's back to 3GB, if you find a place to get it.
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/tablets

Try Costco and let us know.
Post it when you find a place to get it without a cell plan!
Yeah, I know ...
started a new thread about it here:Fido 3GB/15$ + free LGPAD + 50 GiftCard + 2Yrs Contract

Picked up a second line + tab last week in Rosemère/Quebec.

Nice timing !!!
:)

Now, just need to get a godd cheap phone to used it!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
3749 posts
849 upvotes
got my bill and it was cut in half. $8.75 with taxes...great plan.
May 28, 2017
54 posts
73 upvotes
Has anyone noticed that the $15 tablet plan in QC is 3GB?
Can I get this 3GB plan if I live outside QC?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)