Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
win-star wrote: Just wondering to all who is having billing issues/problems ... how did y'all order it? Through online or through chat/call
I imagine the vast majority of orders were online. That's the only way to avoid the $45 "activation fee" they charge for phone/chat orders.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 5, 2009
332 posts
298 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Online. They adjusted my account a couple times but still haven’t gotten it right… geez…. :(
Same with me. Ordered online a Samsung 8.4 CPO . I got a confirmation that the tablet plan was BYOD $10 data plan whereas it should have been 24 months with device financing.
First call- the rep. said that he understood the problem and would have it adjusted within 24 hrs.
After 2 hrs got an account change confirmation with the previous $10 month to month plan cancelled and the new plan was exactly the same $10 month to month.
Second call - the rep. said that she would send a request to have it changed to 24 months with device financing. got an account change confirmation. I thought it was fixed.
I got my monthly bill and I was charged $13.50 for the tablet and $10 for the plan, with no device credit.
3rd call- the agent said that back office would adjust the credit and it would take 7 business days.
4th call- after 8 business days as I did not see any credits to my bill. The agent said that there would be a device credit but that would only show on my next bill.
so I have to wait until the next month's bill is generated to know if anything has been fixed.
Really frustrating
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
panda1 wrote: Same with me. Ordered online a Samsung 8.4 CPO . I got a confirmation that the tablet plan was BYOD $10 data plan whereas it should have been 24 months with device financing.
First call- the rep. said that he understood the problem and would have it adjusted within 24 hrs.
After 2 hrs got an account change confirmation with the previous $10 month to month plan cancelled and the new plan was exactly the same $10 month to month.
Second call - the rep. said that she would send a request to have it changed to 24 months with device financing. got an account change confirmation. I thought it was fixed.
I got my monthly bill and I was charged $13.50 for the tablet and $10 for the plan, with no device credit.
3rd call- the agent said that back office would adjust the credit and it would take 7 business days.
4th call- after 8 business days as I did not see any credits to my bill. The agent said that there would be a device credit but that would only show on my next bill.
so I have to wait until the next month's bill is generated to know if anything has been fixed.
Really frustrating
#4 => @ Fido, all credits are shown on the bill only, not account... whatever the reason...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 5, 2009
332 posts
298 upvotes
max011 wrote: #4 => @ Fido, all credits are shown on the bill only, not account... whatever the reason...
Yes that's true, but at least Fido could send an email confirming that the credit adjustment has been made or will be made I have already been billed $23.50 for data and tablet, and the total amount was charged to my credit card. At least I will know that the credit has been applied . If not, I will have to wait another month only to find out that I am being billed again for $23.50.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
panda1 wrote: Yes that's true, but at least Fido could send an email confirming that the credit adjustment has been made or will be made I have already been billed $23.50 for data and tablet, and the total amount was charged to my credit card. At least I will know that the credit has been applied . If not, I will have to wait another month only to find out that I am being billed again for $23.50.
It's bad enough that Fido has screwed up with their billing. But then they make matters worse by (a) not confirming that they've fixed their billing and (b) not issuing a CC refund for the overcharge.

They have no concern for the potential consequences. Suppose you got billed for $400 (for the device, etc.) Even though they acknowledge it was their fault, you're still expected to pay your CC when payment is due. If for some reason you're short of cash you have to pay >20% interest on that, hoping that Fido reverses that charge on the next statement AND issues a CC refund on that amount. Even if you have the cash and pay off the CC, they expect you to loan them the $400 until they get around to reversing the charge.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 7, 2020
306 posts
158 upvotes
Nauth wrote: I thought the T5 10 had 32gb of storage based on when I applied to get it....
doesn't really matter, that china brand is just a NO and 16 or 32GB don't mean nothing, the loading speed just can't compare to S6 Lite or S7 series
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
aadanixga wrote: doesn't really matter, that china brand is just a NO and 16 or 32GB don't mean nothing, the loading speed just can't compare to S6 Lite or S7 series
Can't compare a mid-range or low-range tablet $200 - 300 to a "higher" ranger tablet that is double the price ... you get what you paid for
Nov 27, 2013
165 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Am I reading the promo on the ZTE Grand X View 4 incorrectly at the moment? The website says $0 down, $0 per month and an extra $5/month credit towards your bill for 24 months. So if I sign up for the tablet plan (even though I have no other fido plans), I can get this tablet and have the $10/month tablet plan reduced to $5 per month for 24 months with the $5 credit?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Geez, is everyone who is ordering a tablet with the tablet plan having issues with the financing being screwed up? I’m still waiting for the final adjustments to be made on my account…. I called this a few days ago and they wanted another seven business days…. :(
My experience with a Fido tablet (from earlier this year) is that it took 2.5 months and a couple of chats/phone calls, and some unexpected charges to my credit card (later reversed/credited), but in the end all promised credits and refunds and adjustments were given to me. I guess this is the price one has to pay when dealing with Fido.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
aadanixga wrote: doesn't really matter, that china brand is just a NO and 16 or 32GB don't mean nothing, the loading speed just can't compare to S6 Lite or S7 series
Perhaps you can tell us where you've found an S6 Lite or S7 series with 4GB for $5 or $10 a month.

For that matter where can you get any better Android tablet than the ones Fido offers for $5 or $10 a month?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Splashed wrote: Am I reading the promo on the ZTE Grand X View 4 incorrectly at the moment? The website says $0 down, $0 per month and an extra $5/month credit towards your bill for 24 months. So if I sign up for the tablet plan (even though I have no other fido plans), I can get this tablet and have the $10/month tablet plan reduced to $5 per month for 24 months with the $5 credit?
You're reading the offer correctly. You should, however, be prepared for the first couple of statements to be screwed up and for you to have to contact Fido a few times to get the accounting corrected.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 27, 2013
165 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
bylo wrote: You're reading the offer correctly. You should, however, be prepared for the first couple of statements to be screwed up and for you to have to contact Fido a few times to get the accounting corrected.
Thanks a lot, Im completely fine with that. Will the agents I speak to sorting out the bill not catch on though if I follow the instructions on the FAQ about essentially creating a new line to become eligible and then not even picking it up? Has anyone received flack about that?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Splashed wrote: Has anyone received flack about that?
Not that I'm aware of.

Many of us have never had a voice/text line with Fido. In my case it's never come up despite a dozen or more interactions with Fido over the past 5 years.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2013
1071 posts
780 upvotes
Ontario
panda1 wrote: Yes that's true, but at least Fido could send an email confirming that the credit adjustment has been made or will be made I have already been billed $23.50 for data and tablet, and the total amount was charged to my credit card. At least I will know that the credit has been applied . If not, I will have to wait another month only to find out that I am being billed again for $23.50.
I received an email from Fido that the pricing had been fixed. The setup fee was also credited to my account
Screenshot_20210327-073251_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Dec 5, 2009
332 posts
298 upvotes
buddshek wrote: I received an email from Fido that the pricing had been fixed. The setup fee was also credited to my account

Screenshot_20210327-073251_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Thanks for letting me know. How long did it take after you contacted them, for them to send you the email?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2013
1071 posts
780 upvotes
Ontario
panda1 wrote: Thanks for letting me know. How long did it take after you contacted them, for them to send you the email?
I believe that it was a week.
Feb 9, 2002
100 posts
90 upvotes
buddshek wrote: I received an email from Fido that the pricing had been fixed. The setup fee was also credited to my account
I just got a similar email with a PDF just like yours (After waiting since March 29 and over 4 phone calls to try and get it resolved). Mine also shows a $45 set up fee though. Can you confirm how it got credited to your account? Did you have to call them to ask for the 45 credit?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2013
1071 posts
780 upvotes
Ontario
aqs2k wrote: I just got a similar email with a PDF just like yours (After waiting since March 29 and over 4 phone calls to try and get it resolved). Mine also shows a $45 set up fee though. Can you confirm how it got credited to your account? Did you have to call them to ask for the 45 credit?
The credit showed a few days after the email was recieved. I had a positive balance on my account until my invoice was received around 2 weeks later.
Dec 7, 2020
306 posts
158 upvotes
bylo wrote: Perhaps you can tell us where you've found an S6 Lite or S7 series with 4GB for $5 or $10 a month.

For that matter where can you get any better Android tablet than the ones Fido offers for $5 or $10 a month?
oh nothing personal here but i am just stating out the fact that it's not a car and it's not 10 times of the 5 or 10 bucks a month, THEN you can have the flagship, cell phone speed-like smooth tablet that gives you the best feeling just like using a laptop.
think about the loading time on PS1 and PS4, it's just simple math about the price and just easy to know

it is necessary to let people know these 5 or 10 bucks a month tablet are SLOW, and they are SLOW comparing to the flagship tablet. JUST BECAUSE there is no way they listen to YOUR OPINION and they might regret getting it, the loading speed is just insanely slow comparing to S6 lite or S7 tablet which are the flagship
THEY CANNOT REFUND your 5 or 10 bucks tablet
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Just so people don't panic, getting a confirmation email with the discounts listed is a YMMV, out of everyone who got adjustments (billing errors, loyalty offers .. etc) only a few reported getting confirmation emails.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)