Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
express.items wrote: The plan glitch seems to be there right now but I'm having problems getting past the credit evaluation, it says it needs more information and to call in or live chat :( I chatted and the rep said I need a voice plan, how do I get around this?
There is no way around it, you just need a rep willing to look past the plan eligibility requirements (since there is no such thing during the glitch) and could see that your order didn't go through because you needed verification nothing more (YMMV).
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
lateshopper wrote: Is this method still working? I switched to various provinces and still can’t find this data-only plan under “text and data” plans. I use safari browser if it matters. Thanks if anyone could advise pls.
@lateshopper it's back on.
Jul 17, 2016
84 posts
92 upvotes
I tried getting the 'data and text' plan but when I was on step 6 'shipping', the plan that I'm getting is the 3gb $45 plan from 'data, talk, and text' plan from MB. Anyone having the same problem?
Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile User 😉
Jun 9, 2011
450 posts
440 upvotes
Vancouver
express.items wrote: The plan glitch seems to be there right now but I'm having problems getting past the credit evaluation, it says it needs more information and to call in or live chat :( I chatted and the rep said I need a voice plan, how do I get around this?
Same issue as you :(
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
agentzero wrote: Same issue as you :(
Probably credit info mismatch, any chance you have fraud protection locks enabled on your credit profile?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3560 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
my existing 50% off 4gb/$15 plan was expiring.

they got me back in for another two years.
ZTE Grand X View 4 for FREE

4GB/$10 plan
$5 Credit for taking the tablet.

will be paying $5+tx for 2 years.

Is it odd that they're paying people to take the tablet?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
SoGood wrote: my existing 50% off 4gb/$15 plan was expiring.

they got me back in for another two years.
ZTE Grand X View 4 for FREE

4GB/$10 plan
$5 Credit for taking the tablet.

will be paying $5+tx for 2 years.

Is it odd that they're paying people to take the tablet?
Can you do this online?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
killer007 wrote: Can you do this online?
You mean upgrade via self serve? Nope, you need a rep to help with that (over the phone or online via chat).

But I wouldn't do that regardless, since he got no deal no incentive on the upgrade, instead if you have an existing tablet plan then you have access to add a new tablet plan with ZTE for $5 (for both tablet and data), sign up for that first then call in to cancel your existing non-discounted plan, worst case they will cancel it (and you are no worse than if it was upgraded) best case they offer it for free, and now you have an extra 4GB SIM to use for free ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Funny how my wife and I were talking on finding a cheap data plan for our ipad that can take a sim card so my son can use some data over the weekend when we are at our camper this summer....

I've been seeing this thread for long time so glad I remembered.
Just signed up for the 4gb plan at $10 and will get the sim card in the mail this week. :)

Thanks all for the info.
Apr 2, 2009
310 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
I was able to buy the $10 4GB plan by itself. I got the email to pickup my SIM at my chosen Fido store. So is this a glitch or will it work when I pickup tomorrow. I’m not a Fido customer
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
upsydaisy wrote: So is this a glitch or will it work when I pickup tomorrow.
It's a glitch and will work when you pickup tomorrow :)
May 29, 2006
691 posts
225 upvotes
Too funny… Signed up for the $10 plan online …. Got my agreement emailed to me but it has XXXXX for the first digits of the account number, so I can’t create a user account on the Fido website… I guess I will hit up chat tomorrow to get my account number.
Apr 2, 2009
310 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
G0DKING wrote: you are now
Weird, I got the email to set a password for my new Fido account but can't login. Keeps telling me "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or check back later" I did get the confirmation email that "Your order is ready for pickup"
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2478 posts
201 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Probably credit info mismatch, any chance you have fraud protection locks enabled on your credit profile?
I don't think so. Also, I signed up for Fido internet a few months ago with no issue. It was over live chat but they didn't ask additional credit questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2478 posts
201 upvotes
For those that want the ZTE but are not a Fido customer, you can use this link https://www.fido.ca/phones/zte-grand-x- ... fcwrls-147 I think this should work with any tablet, go through the 'add a line' link then change the URL from flowType=aal to flowType=nac

Not working for me since I can't get past credit evaluation, but has worked for my friend.
Jul 18, 2012
622 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
Hit continue and then nothing happened - don’t have a confirmation email; but entered by credit/SIN credentials - how do I know if it went through or do I need to start again. Odd
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2311 posts
1655 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
I wonder if I can ask Fido to "cancel" my $10 plan in the hope they'll offer the discount for 2 years (yes there's a risk they'll just go ahead with cancellation). Worst case I will reorder (assuming glitch is still there) or will have to keep watching for when it comes back

Thoughts anyone?
Lucky Mobile $20/Month 3GB (unlimited at 128Kbps) further reduced by $5 / month per referral credit(s)
Nov 25, 2019
715 posts
1138 upvotes
YYC
express.items wrote: For those that want the ZTE but are not a Fido customer, you can use this link https://www.fido.ca/phones/zte-grand-x- ... fcwrls-147 I think this should work with any tablet, go through the 'add a line' link then change the URL from flowType=aal to flowType=nac

Not working for me since I can't get past credit evaluation, but has worked for my friend.
Change CC
Freedom 25/year Talk and Text
Lucky $25/month Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
Lucky $20/month Talk, Text and 3 GB Data
CarryTel $29.99 75Down 7Up Mbps
Aug 10, 2011
510 posts
195 upvotes
EAST YORK
wally_walrus wrote: I wonder if I can ask Fido to "cancel" my $10 plan in the hope they'll offer the discount for 2 years (yes there's a risk they'll just go ahead with cancellation). Worst case I will reorder (assuming glitch is still there) or will have to keep watching for when it comes back

Thoughts anyone?
why not add a second tablet line and then contact live chat after a week and say that you want to cancel one plan because you realize you don't need it...hold out for free offer or at least half off and then cancel other plan...worst case scenario is that you get nothing and then really just cancel one of the lines. best case is you get one line for free and then contact them again in few weeks and start process over again
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 20GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 19.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1.2GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Mr Nobody